PDA

View Full Version : LSU fans are saying

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 09:17 PM
"MSU has a horrible secondary"

"MSU doesn't have depth on defense, they will wear out"

"If they can't hold UAB under 500 yards, we will blow them out"

"We will stack the box and make Dak beat us throwing, and he can't do that"

Etc... Here and other threads...http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/52274694/Mike-Detillier-picking-MSU.aspx

I know we feel like we are much better in the secondary than we've looked. But are we?

If things go as I feel they will, we will be much better in the secondary because our best corners and safeties will be on the field. Our scheme will not be as vanilla on defense either. They don't watch games, so they don't realize that.

I feel like we have a much better idea of who LSU is, because we can watch the Wisconsin film. But I don't feel like they know who we are yet, because I'm not so sure we've shown it. I hate to buy in to the "we've just been playing vanilla so we don't give away anything" crap, but I think we've definitely held SOME things back.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Agree

They just say we have a horrible secondary because that's the company line. They likely haven't watched any of our game or noticed who was on the field when the big pass plays happened.

Needless to say, this game will be fun.

CJDAWG85
09-16-2014, 09:28 PM
They don't know anything about us other than what we've shown thus far. Let's hope we shock the world Saturday night.

defiantdog
09-16-2014, 09:44 PM
Well, I am scared about our 1B secondary. They have some dangerous receivers who will be catching 5 - 10 yard passes all night. I'm not too worried about the run because our front 7 can hold their own.

The longer we hold the ball on offense, the better.

dawgs
09-16-2014, 09:58 PM
I think our uab performance is about like Bama giving up like 300 yards rushing to Georgia southern at a few years ago.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=313230333&version=mobile

msstate7
09-16-2014, 10:05 PM
I think our uab performance is about like Bama giving up like 300 yards rushing to Georgia southern at a few years ago.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=313230333&version=mobile

I agree.

Oh and congrats on east. Hope you guys get beat 1st round. #soreloser

dawgs
09-16-2014, 11:23 PM
I agree.

Oh and congrats on east. Hope you guys get beat 1st round. #soreloser

::sprays champagne all over turner field::

Bear@Work
09-16-2014, 11:29 PM
I fear our DBs jumping routes and going for the big plays instead of covering their schemes.

NashDawgMan
09-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Agree

They just say we have a horrible secondary because that's the company line. They likely haven't watched any of our game or noticed who was on the field when the big pass plays happened.

Needless to say, this game will be fun.

This

archdog
09-17-2014, 08:42 AM
They can say whatever they want. Our team is ready to take the step. When I look back on years past, our vanilla look on offense never turned into anything else during the thick part of our schedule. I believe this year will buck that trend.

Our offense hasn't used two of its greatest assets. First Jameon has been almost excluded from the offense up until the USA game. I noticed he needs to square off some of his cuts a little more to create more space. He has had a tendency to round them off, making the DB's job of recovering easier. Go back and look at the USA game. He ran loopy routes on the deeper patterns. I want crisp, ankle breaking cuts. That is how you create space. I am sure he will clean this up. Second is Dak. We have ran simple read option stuff when needed, but we didn't pull the ball enough in the 2 and 8 situations like we will. Also, we didn't roll Dak out of the pocket on short yardage passing plays. This is where I believe Dak will use the TE. When I go back and look at the Rice tape, Dak used his legs to buy time for the 30 yard shots. We have been content to drop straight back and use a standard air attack. I believe this will change.

Our defense on the other hand has been great against the run and poor against the deep ball down the middle of the field. Safeties will win this game if we can stop the run. They are due up for a redemption game. Time to put up or shut up on the defense. Can't be a psycho defense if you are playing on your heels. They will diagnose the play and create havoc. They will blitz until there is no more energy left in their legs. Blitz, Blitz, Zone Blitz, Stunt and fill gaps. Make the QB throw it with heat bearing down on him. If we do that, he will throw some easy pick-ins.

NCDawg
09-17-2014, 11:20 AM
2 things:
1. I'm afraid our OL will not be able to handle LSU's defensive front and they will shut down our running game, making us to become one dimensional. We will have to depend on Dak throwing and running to be successful.

2. I don't have a lot of confidence in our DB's being able to cover LSU's speedy W/R's. Our success in coverage will depend upon our getting a good pass rush on their QB.

CadaverDawg
09-17-2014, 11:26 AM
2 things:
1. I'm afraid our OL will not be able to handle LSU's defensive front and they will shut down our running game, making us to become one dimensional. We will have to depend on Dak throwing and running to be successful.

2. I don't have a lot of confidence in our DB's being able to cover LSU's speedy W/R's. Our success in coverage will depend upon our getting a good pass rush on their QB.

Yea, I'm kind of expecting both D lines to dominate, therefore turning it in to a battle of QB's and WR's vs DB's and Safety's. I feel like we have the best QB which is huge...but LSU has a better secondary and receivers. I see this as being a very even matchup with LSU having the nod at Special Teams and Home field advantage.

Hoping our QB is the big differential that gives us a slight edge overall. If we get our secondary to step up, which I think is very possible, we can win and IMO Will win.

dawgs
09-17-2014, 12:40 PM

We may not be able to cover LSU's WRs that well, but I don't think LSU has a QB that can take advantage of that.

Jack Lambert
09-17-2014, 02:30 PM
"MSU has a horrible secondary"

"MSU doesn't have depth on defense, they will wear out"

"If they can't hold UAB under 500 yards, we will blow them

"We will stack the box and make Dak beat us throwing, and he can't do that"

Etc... Here and other threads...http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/52274694/Mike-Detillier-picking-MSU.aspx

I know we feel like we are much better in the secondary than we've looked. But are we?

If things go as I feel they will, we will be much better in the secondary because our best corners and safeties will be on the field. Our scheme will not be as vanilla on defense either. They don't watch games, so they don't realize that.

I feel like we have a much better idea of who LSU is, because we can watch the Wisconsin film. But I don't feel like they know who we are yet, because I'm not so sure we've shown it. I hate to buy in to the "we've just been playing vanilla so we don't give away anything" crap, but I think we've definitely held SOME things back.

I wonder how many of them have watched an MSU game this year?

TrapGame
09-17-2014, 02:40 PM
We may not be able to cover LSU's WRs that well, but I don't think LSU has a QB that can take advantage of that.

But knowing our luck this is the game their QB looks like a Heisman candidate. Freakin' Indians!

Liverpooldawg
09-17-2014, 03:00 PM
2 things:

Yep, add in we may very well need a FG or two too.