PDA

View Full Version : Two New Football Commits today....

CadaverDawg
05-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know anything about the 2 DB's that committed today as soon as we offered them? Stever Robertson said on twitter that they are "two of the top players in MS for 2014".

CadaverDawg
05-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Chris Rayford and Lashard Durr

Welcome, gentlemen.

hailmari
05-24-2013, 07:31 PM
Rayford is from my area. He's a really good athlete in a county that is known for good athletes that rarely make it out. Byhalia has a few guys who will be getting their share of offers this summer if they camp, and they better camp if they wanna be seen. Byhalia isn't a place that's gonna draw in many scouts.

bobcat91
05-24-2013, 07:32 PM
Durr has an offer from Oklahoma so he is legit. Rayford is a less know commodity but Steve said he is super fast. His film says 4.4 and Paul thinks he is probably a safety.

Coach34
05-24-2013, 08:13 PM
As I've been saying- Mullen likes to get the recruits getting on board as the summer approaches and during camps. These are just 2 more guys we've had waiting.

It's just the way Mullen likes to do things

hailmari
05-24-2013, 09:08 PM
I thought we had OJ Smith coming but he committed to Bama almost as quickly as these guys did for us. Same with TE C. Lewis to Florida.. The big boys are stealing our three-stars!

Todd4State
05-25-2013, 12:36 AM
Personally, I like how Dan handles recruiting for the most part. He's not a coach that is big into hat parties and secret flips and things like that. Dan doesn't play games for the most part- but he sure will make fun of the other schools that do! I like how he places an emphasis on hard work and competition, which granted may cost us a few prima donnas but those are usually guys that don't pan out a lot of time or cause problems.

Now that he has been here for four-five years, you can tell that his staff is pretty good about talent evaluation and development. I know some people complain about the o-line evaluation some, but that seems to be a nation-wide epidemic. And if you look at our current o-line, almost all of the guys on it are home grown and none were rated higher than three stars and we have Day who is a Rimington nominee, Gabe Jackson who might be the top guard prospect in the NFL draft next year, and Justin Malone and Clausell have been developed and have made tangible progress.