PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher Adams

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2014, 04:32 PM
24/7 reporting he will be announcing his decision this week.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2014, 04:39 PM
24/7 reporting he will be announcing his decision this week.

It's gonna be a great week.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Don't think his commitment means much, whether to us or anyone else. Think it's still open no matter what

Homedawg
09-16-2014, 04:43 PM
It's gonna be a great week.

Mighty confident. Maybe he does. I don't care who he commits to, I do agree he will sign w us though. But I won't jump off of a bridge if he announces now for the rebels.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 04:46 PM
Just watch the ESPN ticker. If his name isn't shown...he's MSU bound*

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Mighty confident. Maybe he does. I don't care who he commits to, I do agree he will sign w us though. But I won't jump off of a bridge if he announces now for the rebels.

Unless Mullen is ****ing around with the bearsharks (which Im totally fine with) I can't imagine Adams commits to the bears. My concern with any plan Mullen may have to flip him is that our own idiot fan base will go after him on social media.

I wish we were smart enough to handle this the way the confederates do, but I don't trust us, do you? Also, Mullen doesn't play ****ing games when it comes to recruiting. He can beat you with his, or take yours and beat his. He doesn't have to play Bucky's games.

I think Adams does the right thing and commits to us, and we continue the momentum we have with Lewis and the new momentum we have with Patterson.

defiantdog
09-16-2014, 04:50 PM
I don't understand the drama on Adams. He wants to commit this weekend but he still wants to take his official visits in December and January? What's the point of commuting now? I like how Lewis has remained quiet since his decommitment.... He gets it

Homedawg
09-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Unless Mullen is ****ing around with the bearsharks (which Im totally fine with) I can't imagine Adams commits to the bears. My concern with any plan Mullen may have to flip him is that our own idiot fan base will go after him on social media.

I wish we were smart enough to handle this the way the confederates do, but I don't trust us, do you? Also, Mullen doesn't play ****ing games when it comes to recruiting. He can beat you with his, or take yours and beat his. He doesn't have to play Bucky's games.

I think Adams does the right thing and commits to us, and we continue the momentum we have with Lewis and the new momentum we have with Patterson.

You just mentioned Patterson and lost me. We are not getting him. Period.

Dawgtini
09-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Just watch the ESPN ticker. If his name isn't shown...he's MSU bound*
This is TRUTH!

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2014, 05:28 PM

I'll be the first to admit I have no information on Patterson - I just assumed we had a better shot since he was tweeting a bunch of stuff about us that Paul Jones was re-tweeting.

Point remains that we should and will land Adams.

Coach34
09-16-2014, 05:41 PM
Patterson aint coming

Adams might commit to Ole Missus- so be ready. But it damn sure aint over

Lewis will be a battle until signing day

jimbo352
09-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Adams will commit to OM if he makes it public... That doesn't mean it's over one bit, but he might go public for OM soon.

Lewis is going to be a drama to the max. Period. I doubt he announces until the very end.

I've heard Patterson is Auburn bound as of this moment. That could change, but I don't think we're his #2. Hopefully he goes to Auburn.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Adams will commit to OM if he makes it public... That doesn't mean it's over one bit, but he might go public for OM soon.

Lewis is going to be a drama to the max. Period. I doubt he announces until the very end.

I've heard Patterson is Auburn bound as of this moment. That could change, but I don't think we're his #2. Hopefully he goes to Auburn.

Do you have a source on Adams or is that just your guess?

My guess is if we really want Adams, then he is ours. Nelson is very very happy at State. No matter what happens, we have not been out recruited here.

jimbo352
09-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Do you have a source on Adams or is that just your guess?.

My brother is as confident about Adams as he has been about anyone as of this moment. Like I said, I don't think it's over at all, but it is what it is. My brother is also the one who thinks Patterson ends up at Auburn after all is said and done, and he feels like Lewis will sign with us. They realy want Lewis, and will take him last minute, but they're going to accept more LB commits soon to be sure(which tells you they're not so confident).. He's a connected OM guy, and he's been fair and accurate for the most part. He said himself Adams will be a battle till the end, and I believe him. We have not been out recruited. I repeat, we have not been out recruited. It's just a war.

JMO. We're in this thing for Lewis and Adams, if we win have the season we all expect, things will take care of themselves.

Coach34
09-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Jimbo speaketh the truth

drummerdawg
09-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Makes sense for Adams to pick State. The timing seems to make me think om, though even if that's the case I still don't think its over.

jimbo352
09-16-2014, 06:43 PM

He is very very high on our list. This staff wants him badly. I think it's 50/50 right now, but we have certain factors on our side. Truth is, we'd save a spot for him if it went to the last minute. Believe me when I say that.

engie
09-16-2014, 06:45 PM

None of the above effect our recruitment of Adams at all in any way.

Why are people pulling that line of crap? We will take all 4 of those and would make room for them period. Adams has a spot period. No one is "above" him on our board.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 06:46 PM
He is very very high on our list. This staff wants him badly. I think it's 50/50 right now, but we have certain factors on our side. Truth is, we'd save a spot for him if it went to the last minute. Believe me when I say that.

If it's 50/50 then why did you just say he would commit to OM? 50/50 sounds undecided to me.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 06:47 PM
None of the above effect our recruitment of Adams at all in any way.

Why are people pulling that line of crap? We will take all 4 of those and would make room for them period. Adams has a spot period. No one is "above" him on our board.

Ok, I really have no clue.

engie
09-16-2014, 06:51 PM
I've never seen nor heard them say that -- and believe it's you taking them liking the size/potential of some of the other guys more out of context.

GreenheadDawg
09-16-2014, 06:55 PM
If he wants to go to OM then wish him the best. He can be one of the OM d-linemen that Kiffin coached up to get em to the NFL ** But seriously he may just want to play somewhere other than where people expect him to go or maybe he just like OM better, I have no clue. But either way we will continue to get better with or without him

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I've never seen nor heard them say that -- and believe it's you taking them liking the size/potential of some of the other guys more out of context.

Your probably right. I mis-remembered

jimbo352
09-16-2014, 07:49 PM
If it's 50/50 then why did you just say he would commit to OM? 50/50 sounds undecided to me.

It's 50/50 in the big picture, but if he commits anywhere today, It's likely OM. The ebb and flow of his recruitment happens to be in their favor right now. It's nothing to cause panic, we are in this thing. I just think it's in our best interest to delay any kind of verbal/public commitment.

Either way, it's going to be a battle till the end.

maroonmania
09-16-2014, 11:06 PM
Seems to be the kind of crap we have to put up with as MSU fans that other SEC fanbases don't. Almost no way you would see an upper SEC team have an active player's brother commit to their biggest rival. Just wouldn't happen. Heck, no way I could really even see this happening if OM had the player and we were the ones recruiting the brother out of high school. Again, just wouldn't happen and really would make very little sense unless there was some strained relationship in the family somewhere.

engie
09-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Seems to be the kind of crap we have to put up with as MSU fans that other SEC fanbases don't. Almost no way you would see an upper SEC team have an active player's brother commit to their biggest rival. Just wouldn't happen. Heck, no way I could really even see this happening if OM had the player and we were the ones recruiting the brother out of high school. Again, just wouldn't happen and really would make very little sense unless there was some strained relationship in the family somewhere.

Kinda like the part where our fanbase just assumes the worst -- in spite of no real tangible evidence of it's likelihood?

cheewgumm
09-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I really think our season can help us this year and next in recruiting. Dan has to take care of business on the field.

maroonmania
09-16-2014, 11:47 PM
Kinda like the part where our fanbase just assumes the worst -- in spite of no real tangible evidence of it's likelihood?

I'm not assuming anything other than going by what most knowledgeable MSU fans are saying in this thread. That being that he is likely to commit to OM IF he commits this week. But your are correct that there is no tangible evidence and I have no clue but been burnt enough in the past where the higher recruited younger brother goes somewhere else (Campbell and McNeil come to mind though even they didn't commit or go to OM) that I won't be shocked if it happens. I was certainly hoping our program had elevated itself at this point enough that this wouldn't be much of an issue again. Hopefully it won't be, time will tell.

Intramural All-American
09-17-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm not assuming anything other than going by what most knowledgeable MSU fans are saying in this thread. That being that he is likely to commit to OM IF he commits this week. But your are correct that there is no tangible evidence and I have no clue but been burnt enough in the past where the higher recruited younger brother goes somewhere else (Campbell and McNeil come to mind though even they didn't commit or go to OM) that I won't be shocked if it happens. I was certainly hoping our program had elevated itself at this point enough that this wouldn't be much of an issue again. Hopefully it won't be, time will tell.

Chris Leak went to Florida after his older brother C.J. was at Tennessee. Mike Davis went to South Carolina after his brother Stephen went to Clemson. Casey Matthews went to Oregon after Clay went to USC. Obviously, we notice it a lot since we keep up with our team (and it may happen more to us), but these things happen to other big name places, as well. It would definitely hurt losing him, but each person has to make the decision that they feel is in their best interest.

dawgs
09-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Chris Leak went to Florida after his older brother C.J. was at Tennessee. Mike Davis went to South Carolina after his brother Stephen went to Clemson. Casey Matthews went to Oregon after Clay went to USC. Obviously, we notice it a lot since we keep up with our team (and it may happen more to us), but these things happen to other big name places, as well. It would definitely hurt losing him, but each person has to make the decision that they feel is in their best interest.

Fwiw Casey matthews didn't have a scholarship offer from USC, and clay matthews walked on the USC.

borne
09-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Why would it not make sense in regards to timing for Adams to pick State now?

NCDawg
09-17-2014, 10:57 AM

You're probably right. If he is a good recruit that we are recruiting and he plays on the OL, he probably will sign with somebody else. Seems like this is our history for the past several years.