PDA

View Full Version : CL does it to us again in recruiting

Reason2succeed
09-16-2014, 02:25 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/videos/sports/recruitingreport/2014/09/16/15710563/

Why is this even a story? Guys pick other schools all the time. Oh but here is an opportunity to HIGHLIGHT a player that State didn't get. Who cares? He went to Oklahoma. There's no shame in that. The CL Seriously has a habit of trying to show State in the worse light possible. Geez Louise.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Yeah, let's keep linking the CL and helping them get hits because we like them so much.

defiantdog
09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
People still read the CL?

engie
09-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Just bug the shit out of em when Gragg picks Arkansas next week after being an OM lean for so long...

fishwater99
09-16-2014, 02:44 PM
I don't think it helps when their preps writers are Bear homers...**

Blevins went to UT and Cronin went to Indiana...

maroonmania
09-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Danley himself in his comments about how we were recruiting him made it obvious that for whatever reason he was not a priority for us. Maybe it was just because he couldn't get here in the Spring or maybe it was because we just like some others better but I don't believe our staff is deep in depression about missing out on him.

Bully Dee Williams
09-16-2014, 04:05 PM
I don't think it helps when their preps writers are Bear homers...**

Blevins went to UT and Cronin went to Indiana...

The other week I got into a discussion on twitter with Cronin about how her article was about some of our commits portrayed MSU negatively and made it look like our commits weren't really committed to us. Out of the blue, I was DMd by a well respected, non-MSU person that works with and around recruits. This person knows these recruits well. He told me to ask Cronin specifically about a quote she reported that was not true or accurate. I asked Cronin about it, but she didnt respond. The person that contacted me said that, in his experience and first hand knowledge, the CL is incredibly biased toward OM. That is regardless of where the reporters went to college. This man was also really upset because the CL has caused a lot of problems for recruits by reporting things the way they do.

Bothrops
09-16-2014, 08:58 PM
The CL and the Bears are synonymous. This will likely always be the case.

TheDogFather
09-16-2014, 09:58 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/videos/sports/recruitingreport/2014/09/16/15710563/

Why is this even a story? Guys pick other schools all the time. Oh but here is an opportunity to HIGHLIGHT a player that State didn't get. Who cares? He went to Oklahoma. There's no shame in that. The CL Seriously has a habit of trying to show State in the worse light possible. Geez Louise.

It is a compliment.

Players picking other schools over MSU used to be a foregone conclusion. Now it's newsworthy.

I'm flattered.