PDA

View Full Version : What would you say?

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2014, 01:48 PM
It's 5:55PM this Saturday. Mullen ate some bad gumbo in the pregame meal and as he runs off to make things better he yells over his shoulder for you to give the pregame speech. What do you say to the team?

I think mine would go something similar to this:

They say you're not fast enough. They say you're not strong enough. They say you didn't have enough stars by your name. They say you just flat out aren?t good enough - that there isn't enough talent in this room to compete with a team like LSU. They think the only question to be answered the next three hours is how bad LSU wants embarrass you out there. Hell, some say we're an embarrassment to the SEC by being a member. All we'll ever amount to is a mid-level team that fights to go to a low level bowl.

Tonight...tonight you have a chance to change all that. I believe in you. Our fans in the stands out there believe in you. All of our fans back home watching the game on TV believe in you. This coaching staff believes in you. But most importantly, do you believe in you? Do you have the faith in each other to tell those people that don't believe in you that they're dead wrong? Do you have the faith in each other to look each other in the eye and say that you?re getting ready to march out there and take the respect you deserve? That you as a team and us as a fan base have been laughed at for the last time. Tonight, the laughing stops. The ridicule stops. The lack of belief stops. The lack of respect stops. Tonight...it all stops. In three hours, when we meet back in this locker room with a victory in our hands we're all going to be able to get back on that bus and head home with our heads held high because tonight...tonight...we shut up every non-believer. We didn.t ask for what was ours. We demanded it and took it.

So go out there and show the world. Play hard. Play smart. Never quit. Never give up. 100% effort every second of every play. Believe in each other like I believe in you, and go beat the hell out of LSU.

Alldawg
09-16-2014, 01:55 PM
It does not matter if you beat this team. Even though they are ranked in the top 10, it wont count as a top ten win because they won't finish there. It will be just like my wins against Florida, Georgia, and many others, it just wont be that big of a deal. With that said, the Texas AM and Auburn games are what really matters I think. But I guess if we beat one of them and they don't finish in the top 10, my legacy lives on. Hell guys, I don't really know what to say. I know I have to win 9 games at the minimum, but I just hope that one of the 9 wins ends up being a top 10,15, or 20 team at the end of the year. I hope I didn't confuse any of you, just go out there and execute no matter what plays I call or if you are a 1A or 1B player. I just got to keep Elite Dawgs off my ass.

sandwolf
09-16-2014, 01:57 PM
I don't know what I would say, but Mullen should definitely let Collins do the pregame speech. Based on the video clips that I have seen, Mullen sucks at it.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 02:02 PM
I would not say a word. I would write the last year we beat lsu at home and shut up and let them listen to the crowd. They don't need to hear a damn thing. They know what's ahead of them

preachermatt83
09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
!!!!!!!!!Im ready to play... !!!

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140901214040/youtube/images/e/e5/Dan_ripping_shirt_off.gif
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2796643/running-through-wall-o.gif

Bully13
09-16-2014, 02:36 PM
It's 5:55PM this Saturday. Mullen ate some bad gumbo in the pregame meal and as he runs off to make things better he yells over his shoulder for you to give the pregame speech. What do you say to the team?

They say you're not fast enough. They say you're not strong enough. They say you didn't have enough stars by your name. They say you just flat out aren?t good enough - that there isn't enough talent in this room to compete with a team like LSU. They think the only question to be answered the next three hours is how bad LSU wants embarrass you out there. Hell, some say we're an embarrassment to the SEC by being a member. All we'll ever amount to is a mid-level team that fights to go to a low level bowl.

Tonight...tonight you have a chance to change all that. I believe in you. Our fans in the stands out there believe in you. All of our fans back home watching the game on TV believe in you. This coaching staff believes in you. But most importantly, do you believe in you? Do you have the faith in each other to tell those people that don't believe in you that they're dead wrong? Do you have the faith in each other to look each other in the eye and say that you?re getting ready to march out there and take the respect you deserve? That you as a team and us as a fan base have been laughed at for the last time. OTonight, the laughing stops. The ridicule stops. The lack of belief stops. The lack of respect stops. Tonight...it all stops. In three hours, when we meet back in this locker room with a victory in our hands we're all going to be able to get back on that bus and head home with our heads held high because tonight...tonight...we shut up every non-believer. We didn.t ask for what was ours. We demanded it and took it.

So go out there and show the world. Play hard. Play smart. Never quit. Never give up. 100% effort every second of every play. Believe in each other like I believe in you, and go beat the hell out of LSU.

I liked that....makes me wanna go hit somebody ?r at least someTHING

War Machine Dawg
09-16-2014, 02:36 PM
I change "hockey" to "football" and "Soviets" to "Tigers" and go with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdmyoMe4iHM

cheewgumm
09-16-2014, 02:47 PM
"Not this game"

quickstrike2
09-16-2014, 04:12 PM
Let's not get beat deep, no dumb penalties, protect our quarterback and the ball, get after their quarterback.

Then I would let the weightlifting coach or somebody due the screaming and chest pumping.

DawgHouseUnited
09-16-2014, 05:02 PM
http://youtu.be/MeMyOmil6-E

You can't do better than ol' Mox for a motivational speech. My only complaint about that clip is they cut off the slow clap at the end...

dawggoneit
09-16-2014, 05:37 PM
I would lead the team in a very inspirational prayer I heard at a high school game many years ago. It touched me deeply. "Give us running in our feets, catching in our hands, and help our opponents to be gracious losers."

BulldogBear
09-16-2014, 05:39 PM
I would not say a word. I would write the last year we beat lsu at home and shut up and let them listen to the crowd. They don't need to hear a damn thing. They know what's ahead of them

Similarly, I would just right a question on the board:

HOW MANY MISSISSIPPI STATE UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WERE ALIVE THE LAST TIME WE WON IN BATON ROUGE? zero

Okrastar1
09-16-2014, 06:13 PM
We had a super hardcore no nonsense coach in high school that nobody wanted to cross. We were in the locker room getting ready for a playoff game, super quiet all around, and then coach went into his speech... All of a sudden out of nowhere an alarm was going off (at this point everybody is looking around like oh shit whose phone is going off? Damn we are all gonna die!) when at that point coach reached in his back pocket and pulled a small alarm clock out that was just ringing its ass off! He looks up at all of us sitting in front of him and says "it's f**king time" turns and smashes it against a wall like he is throwing a fastball! I was ready to go to war for that guy! Most pumped I've ever been for a ball game in my life!

Coach34
09-16-2014, 06:21 PM
I would say:

"Guys, tonight is your night. Tonight is your time. It's always LSU-this, Alabama-that and I'm sick and ****ing tired of hearing that shit. Tonight is your night. We are going to RTGDF and impose our will. We are going to be physical on defense and tackle. We are going to take care of business on Special Teams. Tonight is your night. Your school and your fans believe in you, and they have waited for a night like tonight for a long damn time. Tonight... is your night. Make a memory you will never forget tonight. It's games like tonight that people remember forever. Make sure YOU remember it forever. Tonight.... is your night.
It's us against them. It's us against the media. It's us against history. Tonight.....is your night. Tonight, we show them we are going to go after that SEC championship. You are warriors and I love each and every one of you. Tonight we band together and make it special. Tonight.............is your night. "

AFDawg
09-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Do the Jackie Wayne. "You don't have the heart to win this game."

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 06:42 PM
This seems like the right time to remember this beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Mine would be...

"Guys, think about the work you've put in to get to where we are. You have worked your asses off all year for moments like this. You've worked harder than anyone in the country. The preparation has been put in. You're primed and ready for this very moment.
Now close your eyes.......
Imagine sprinting back into this locker room after the game. A game where you just knocked off the #8 team in the country on their home turf. A game where you went out and punched their asses in the mouth for 4 quarters. Where you believed in each other like this group of coaches believes in you....like our fans believe in you. Think about it. Visualize yourself making the big tackle, the big catch, the big throw, the big kick. Visualize it. You're prepared to make that throw, that catch, that hit, that kick...You are more prepared than any team in the country. We are a caged animal that has done nothing but grown stronger, faster, and meaner for the last year....why? To be unleashed in Tiger Stadium TONIGHT! Let's get out there and unleash fury on these guys for 4 quarters as a team. WHY? BECAUSE WE CAN!

4 quarters stand between now and everything you just visualized and prepared for. It is OUR time........TONIGHT IS OUR NIGHT, LET'S GET IT!"

preachermatt83
09-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Mine would be...

"Guys, think about the work you've put in to get to where we are. You have worked your asses off all year for moments like this. You've worked harder than anyone in the country. The preparation has been put in. You're primed and ready for this very moment.
Now close your eyes.......
Imagine sprinting back into this locker room after the game. A game where you just knocked off the #8 team in the country on their home turf. A game where you went out and punched their asses in the mouth for 4 quarters. Where you believed in each other like this group of coaches believes in you....like our fans believe in you. Think about it. Visualize yourself making the big tackle, the big catch, the big throw, the big kick. Visualize it. You're prepared to make that throw, that catch, that hit, that kick...You are more prepared than any team in the country. We are a caged animal that has done nothing but grown stronger, faster, and meaner for the last year....why? To be unleashed in Tiger Stadium TONIGHT! Let's get out there and unleash fury on these guys for 4 quarters as a team. WHY? BECAUSE WE CAN!

4 quarters stand between now and everything you just visualized and prepared for. It is OUR time........TONIGHT IS OUR NIGHT, LET'S GET IT!"

im confused cadaver??!!?!?! hahaha.

CadaverDawg
09-16-2014, 08:00 PM
im confused cadaver??!!?!?! hahaha.

Haha

NorCalDawg
09-16-2014, 08:35 PM
I would say, "Don't eat the damn gumbo!"

FanninDawg
09-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Lol. I laughed and laughed...

Reason2succeed
09-16-2014, 09:17 PM
It does not matter if you beat this team. Even though they are ranked in the top 10, it wont count as a top ten win because they won't finish there. It will be just like my wins against Florida, Georgia, and many others, it just wont be that big of a deal. With that said, the Texas AM and Auburn games are what really matters I think. But I guess if we beat one of them and they don't finish in the top 10, my legacy lives on. Hell guys, I don't really know what to say. I know I have to win 9 games at the minimum, but I just hope that one of the 9 wins ends up being a top 10,15, or 20 team at the end of the year. I hope I didn't confuse any of you, just go out there and execute no matter what plays I call or if you are a 1A or 1B player. I just got to keep Elite Dawgs off my ass.

I hollered laughing.

Reason2succeed
09-16-2014, 09:23 PM

Tonight...tonight you have a chance to change all that. I believe in you. Our fans in the stands out there believe in you. All of our fans back home watching the game on TV believe in you. This coaching staff believes in you. But most importantly, do you believe in you? Do you have the faith in each other to tell those people that don't believe in you that they're dead wrong? Do you have the faith in each other to look each other in the eye and say that you?re getting ready to march out there and take the respect you deserve? That you as a team and us as a fan base have been laughed at for the last time. Tonight, the laughing stops. The ridicule stops. The lack of belief stops. The lack of respect stops. Tonight...it all stops. In three hours, when we meet back in this locker room with a victory in our hands we're all going to be able to get back on that bus and head home with our heads held high because tonight...tonight...we shut up every non-believer. We didn.t ask for what was ours. We demanded it and took it.

Great speech. I like the recruiting part because Dak, JRob, and many others were looked over by LSU.

Bothrops
09-16-2014, 09:47 PM
These people would kill your parents and spew their tabasco laden excrement on your future children. Do what is called upon you to save your family.

Alldawg
09-17-2014, 08:47 AM

I would also make it a point to call out a few Elite posters such as Cadav and Coach. I would remind them the Cadav is very concerned about the Oline and the weakness they present. The RB would also need to understand that Coach34 believes they are the weak link on this team. I would also tell Shump that he aint worth a shit at RB and tell him to get his ass on the field as a safety.

mparkerfd20
09-17-2014, 09:44 AM
I think Jameis Winston had it right....

I'd stand up on a table and yell, "F*ck her right in the p*ssy."

Tough Dawg
09-17-2014, 10:11 AM
One of the best/most recent speeches I've heard is this one from James Franklin last year with Vandy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xOFn8H0GA4