PDA

View Full Version : LSU Scouting Report

BeastMan
09-16-2014, 01:31 PM
http://3rdand57.com/lsu-up-close-and-personal/

Any thoughts/questions? Can MSU get over the LSU mental block? Is this the year?

The Croom Diaries
09-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Good read as always. I think State can take their O-line. They are massive and talented and probably the best in the SEC when clicking on all cylinders but I watched the ULM game last night and there were a bunch of plays where they didn't look good. Also their starting Center was suspended the first two games so this is his first big game of the year. He's a returning starter so it may not mean anything, but just something to look for him and Jennings on the same page.

BeastMan
09-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Good point on the center but as much as they're under center, I don't think it's a huge deal. Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Travin Dural is the most dangerous player for the MSU defense.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Good point on the center but as much as they're under center, I don't think it's a huge deal. Do you agree or disagree with this statement: Travin Dural is the most dangerous player for the MSU defense.

Completely agree. If we hold him under 100 AND win the turnover battle no way we lose. He's really the only weapon that "scares me"

DawgPoundtheRock
09-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Good analysis Beast. I agree that you have two evenly matched teams (despite what the stars say), and the difference could be playing in Death Valley at night. What is that home field advantage worth? Experts ay 3 points, but here it might be 7. By the way, the line has moved from LSU -7 to LSU -10. I think we win straight up in a low scoring game. Defenses will dominate.

The Croom Diaries
09-16-2014, 03:58 PM

Agree. I've watched the ULM and Wisconsin game the last two days and Jennings can throw the deep ball. I'd set the over/under for 40+ yard pass plays at 3.5