PDA

View Full Version : The whole Dak for heisman thing

RC3
09-16-2014, 12:32 PM
I know most of us on here don't think he has a legitimate show at it and IMO he doesn't. But if and I mean this is a big IF he puts up impressive numbers this weekend and somehow leads us to a victory he will go from a Darkhorse to a legitimate candidate and we will start getting a ton of publicity. A lot to put on this kid. He is returning to his home state and you know he wants to have the game of his life. And I hope he does. Just something to keep in mind for this game

Do it Dak. I'll be the guy on the first row looking for a bro hug after you rush for your third TD of the game Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 01:22 PM
This week could certainly put him on the map.

borne
09-16-2014, 01:35 PM
I expect him to have a big game against LSU. His passing would have to seriously improve before he is considered as a heisman candidate though. We all know he can run the ball as good or better than any other quarterback but his completion percentage and passing yards would need to greatly improve before he is considered. but if we go on a run through the next few games, this may very well be the reason.

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2014, 01:37 PM
I have a feeling after week 3 in 2012, no one would have thought that Johnny Football was a contender.

Keep winning and he will be in NYC.

NashDawgMan
09-17-2014, 08:12 AM
I agree OP--this is his chance to really become a contender. I know that he is a long shot, but I like the idea of promoting it because it generates positive publicity for the school and the team. It keeps us on ESPN.

RC3
09-17-2014, 08:33 AM
I agree OP--this is his chance to really become a contender. I know that he is a long shot, but I like the idea of promoting it because it generates positive publicity for the school and the team. It keeps us on ESPN.

IF and once again, that is a big IF, he shows out this weekend, i think we would see the school make a push. i think everyone has been holding their breath to make sure he succeeds. if we march out there the beginning of the year with a Heisman promotion campaign and he sucked it up, we would look foolish. if he proves he is legit this weekend, we will ramp it up

Johnson85
09-17-2014, 10:18 AM
I know most of us on here don't think he has a legitimate show at it and IMO he doesn't. But if and I mean this is a big IF he puts up impressive numbers this weekend and somehow leads us to a victory he will go from a Darkhorse to a legitimate candidate and we will start getting a ton of publicity. A lot to put on this kid. He is returning to his home state and you know he wants to have the game of his life. And I hope he does. Just something to keep in mind for this game

Do it Dak. I'll be the guy on the first row looking for a bro hug after you rush for your third TD of the game Saturday.

What would averaging 200 yds passing and 100 yds rushing against five top 10 teams do for him? We've got LSU, A&M, Auburn, and Bama for him to show out. We really would need to win this game so the subsequent games would by hyped up, but if we beat LSU and Auburn and lost to A&M and Bama and he had at least that stat line in each of those games, would that put him close when combining it with stats from the rest of the games and playing for a 10 win team? It seems like anybody that averages 100 yrd rushing per game against top 10 opponents would be in the mix, but I know Johnny Football and RGIII put up ridiculously gaudy statistics.

RC3
09-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Under that scenario, he'd still be in the discussion but possibly out of contention

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Under that scenario, he'd still be in the discussion but possibly out of contention

Wasn't Jordan Lynch in NYC with stats not as good as those. It also depends on who else has a breakout year.

RC3
09-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Just because you are in NYC doesn't necessarily mean you have a great shot. Usually down to two or three truly viable candidates by that point. I'd love to see him be in the relevant top three

SheltonChoked
09-17-2014, 12:09 PM
The Numbers will help. but to really be in contention, you have to have a Heisman moment. He'll have to have a play what gets repeated all year long on ESPN. That's what gets you to NYC.

Me. I just want a replay of the 1991 game down there.

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I had a dream last night. Sunday morning, the nation will know who Dak Prescott is. We couldnt have a better face for the program.

Dawgface
09-17-2014, 04:16 PM
I had a dream last night. Sunday morning, the nation will know who Dak Prescott is. We couldnt have a better face for the program.

He certainly has the character that I believe was intended for a Heisman trophy winner, unlike some of the recent winners.

drunkernhelldawg
09-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Winning is more important than stats. His talent is already acknowledged. The road to NYC is via an appearance in the SEC Championship game. No other route is available.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-17-2014, 04:47 PM
This sounds shallow but it is the truth. He has the human interest story to go along with the performances (if they come). Do you really think Manti T'eo was the second best player in the country 2 years ago ? I think Cam Lawrence actually had better stats than he did. There were 2 reasons he was in NYC. Notre Dame was undefeated, and the story about his "girlfriend".

If we win 10 games Dak will be in New York.

I couldn't think of a better player representing our university, though.

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Winning is more important than stats. His talent is already acknowledged. The road to NYC is via an appearance in the SEC Championship game. No other route is available.

Johnny Football or RGIII neither one was on the best team in their conference.

sbcmortgageman
09-17-2014, 07:26 PM

Ummmm, wrong.

fishwater99
09-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Johnny Football or RGIII neither one was on the best team in their conference.

We need 2 wins over LSU, Bama, Auburn or A&M and Dak is in the conversation

It's Time.

DownwardDawg
09-18-2014, 06:05 AM
I'm afraid this year, it's Oregon's QB's to lose, regardless of what anyone else does.

Mutt the Hoople
09-18-2014, 06:27 AM
Dak is our first legitimate Heisman candidate since Shorty McWilliams. I'm not going to down him, or talk all this "We's The People's College" Marxist bullshit. Dak Prescott has the raw athletic talent, the work ethic, the Compelling Story sports "journalism" craves, and now he's about to face the Giants of the SEC. He leads The Mississippi State University to victory over the Corndogs, he jumps RIGHT into the front of the pack.

drunkernhelldawg
09-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Ummmm, wrong.

Manziel and RGIII were nationally known by their talents. Dak's situation is not the same. The most important factor in Dak's heisman standing is winning. So I'm back at ya' with "ummmm . . ."

Reason2succeed
09-18-2014, 11:18 AM
We can win Baton Rouge because we have an advantage at the most important position. Dak will play his best game Saturday. Mark it.

Bryce Petty from Baylor got hurt. Hunley at UCLA has sucked. Georgia and Gurley lost early. Mariota at Oregon is the main competition right now unless someone else emerges or the others jump back in. Mariota has to overcome the West coast bias because no one sees them play at midnight. Dak has the it factor, the story, he plays in the right conference, etc. He has a shot but he has to win on Saturday night. He will.