PDA

View Full Version : Mike Detillier picks MSU, link to LSU reactions

DawgPoundRock
09-16-2014, 11:11 AM
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/52274694/Mike-Detillier-picking-MSU.aspx

MadDawg
09-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Synopsis of Tiger fan opinions: "Not saying we win by 30, but I don't think Mississippi State is very good. Lots of preseason hype."

RougeDawg
09-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Synopsis of Tiger fan opinions: "Not saying we win by 30, but I don't think Mississippi State is very good. Lots of preseason hype."

The ESPN confusion and mixup bug must have them all by the tail!

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 11:39 AM
I just read it and to me they sound like a fanbase that has beaten MSU 21 of the last 22 times. Hard to blame any fan on LSU for thinking they beat MSU, no matter the matchups.

However, they won't beat us forever. Odds are, with every win that LSU gets in this series, they are one game closer to losing.

Is that game Saturday night? It certainly could be.

Johnson85
09-16-2014, 12:01 PM

Haven't read the resopnses, but surely they can't be any more over-confident than we are that we will beat UK every year. They've had roughly two decades of dominating state. It's taken us 5 years of dominating UK to get to the same place.

MarketingBully01
09-16-2014, 12:15 PM

Love how they keep bringing up the UAB game but oh my gosh no one can bring up their ULM game or 3/4 of the Wiscy game in which the only reason they were able to move the ball in the second half against Wiscy was two injuries to the DL. What dumb ass fans. I hope LSU's players are as confident as their fans. They will be in for a rude awakening if so. If we can jump on them early and hit them in the mouth, Miles is just stubborn enough for us to blow them out. Can't wait for Saturday fellas. Going to be an interesting night.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Haven't read the resopnses, but surely they can't be any more over-confident than we are that we will beat UK every year. They've had roughly two decades of dominating state. It's taken us 5 years of dominating UK to get to the same place.

You mean ole miss. The way Mullen has dominated ole miss is equivalent to how LSU has dominated us.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 12:22 PM

great analogy. We're just not as rude about it.

RougeDawg
09-16-2014, 12:31 PM
great analogy. We're just not as rude about it.

Well in their defense, most of them aren't intelligent enough to even know the meaning of rude.

Raytoraid83
09-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Miles is just stubborn enough for us to blow them out. Can't wait for Saturday fellas. Going to be an interesting night.

That stubborn Miles is 43-2 in night games in Death Valley. If State wins it won't be a blow out. Expect a low scoring game where Dan tries to control the clock. I think it was beastman that posted a Mullen vs Chavis game when Dan was at Florida that ended in a 16-7 Florida win. I'm thinking final score ends somewhere in the 30s.

Hypnodawg
09-16-2014, 12:59 PM
If there is any justice in the world, we will beat them by 20 points. That is a fan base in need of a reckoning.

RossDawg82
09-16-2014, 01:35 PM
If we beat LSU by 20, Baton Rouge will look like Ferguson Missouri

hacker
09-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I just read it and to me they sound like a fanbase that has beaten MSU 21 of the last 22 times. Hard to blame any fan on LSU for thinking they beat MSU, no matter the matchups.

However, they won't beat us forever. Odds are, with every win that LSU gets in this series, they are one game closer to losing.

Is that game Saturday night? It certainly could be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

RougeDawg
09-16-2014, 03:20 PM
If we beat LSU by 20, Baton Rouge will look like Ferguson Missouri

And New Orleans after the saints stellar start.

maroonmania
09-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Seriously, how could you be them and NOT be confident going into this game after what's transpired the last 22 years?

BulldogBear
09-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Seriously, how could you be them and NOT be confident going into this game after what's transpired the last 22 years?

And if we're really honest, those among us reluctant to pick MSU to win this week are affected by the same dynamic. It took me a while but I finally believe we will take them this weekend. Preseason I chalked this up as a loss because I was looking for two somewhere and BR and Tuscaloosa seemed logical.

Bully Dee Williams
09-16-2014, 03:52 PM
Love how they keep bringing up the UAB game but oh my gosh no one can bring up their ULM game or 3/4 of the Wiscy game in which the only reason they were able to move the ball in the second half against Wiscy was two injuries to the DL. What dumb ass fans. I hope LSU's players are as confident as their fans. They will be in for a rude awakening if so. If we can jump on them early and hit them in the mouth, Miles is just stubborn enough for us to blow them out. Can't wait for Saturday fellas. Going to be an interesting night.

What cracks me up about referencing the UAB game is the selectivity when using the statistics. According to statistics, we have the top red zone defense in the country. We lead the conference in tackles for loss and are toward the top in sacks. We are also 4th in the conference in scoring defense at around 13 pts/game and are in the top 2-3 in run defense. Idiots are knocking us because one game inflated the yds/game our defense has allowed.

If you look at the body of work this defense has over the last 6 games, you will see that everything about the UAB game is an outlier. That game was the exception and not the rule for this defense. The number of big plays UAB had is just not likely to happen again against our defense. More often than not, SEC games comes down to controlling the trenches and red zone production/defense. That's the type of play that our d is built for.

RattStevens
09-16-2014, 03:58 PM
If Wisconsin can run the ball down their throats, but then coach themselves out of a victory in the 4th quarter, then I have no doubt that Dan Mullen can accomplish the same feat this weekend.

Johnson85
09-16-2014, 04:04 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler's_fallacy

Pretty sure the bolded statement is technically not an example of gambler's fallacy. He's not referring to one instance in a series of independent events and basing the likelihood of the result on the previous results. Assuming you accept the assumption that they will not go undefeated against us from here on out, every win LSU gets does get them one wing closer to losing. Congratulations on eliciting my personal best as far as levels of nitpicking a forum post. I'm ready for kickoff to get here.