PDA

View Full Version : Who can cover Jameon?

cheewgumm
09-16-2014, 11:08 AM
On LSU's D...is it a safety or a LB?

borne
09-16-2014, 01:41 PM
I wish they'd put a linebacker on him

RossDawg82
09-16-2014, 01:42 PM
yeah they will need a safety. If Dak see's a LB on Lewis, im sure he has been trained to go to him

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Matt wells is just about the only LB that can man to man. Other than that, I expect a lot of zone to help w dak and a safety on tubby when we go man. Although I would lovvvve to see him against a linebacker.

Another question is who can cover mojo

Saltydog
09-16-2014, 01:54 PM
on 9 catches. We need Jameon to have a similar game. Not sure if our OL can hold up long enough to throw the ball downfield all night. I'd like to see us utilize the short passing game more and create some mismatches with Jameon outta the slot.

engie
09-16-2014, 02:04 PM
on 9 catches. We need Jameon to have a similar game. Not sure if our OL can hold up long enough to throw the ball downfield all night. I'd like to see us utilize the short passing game more and create some mismatches with Jameon outta the slot.

Jameon had 7 for 111 and a TD last year as well. We've had success against them out of the slot for awhile now.

sandwolf
09-16-2014, 02:06 PM
I believe LSU runs a 4-2-5, so there ought to be plenty of DB's on the field to cover Lewis. Speaking of, I would think that the diamond formation would be pretty tough to defend with a 4-2-5......any of the coaches on the board care to weigh in on the best way to attack that scheme?

preachermatt83
09-16-2014, 02:12 PM
I believe LSU runs a 4-2-5, so there ought to be plenty of DB's on the field to cover Lewis. Speaking of, I would think that the diamond formation would be pretty tough to defend with a 4-2-5......any of the coaches on the board care to weigh in on the best way to attack that scheme?

if they do run the 4-2-5 against us we will run for 300 yards. Power backs like JROB and Dak will run for 4-5 yards at will against 4-2

TrapGame
09-16-2014, 02:19 PM

The diamond formation will give Chavis a headache Saturday night.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 02:21 PM
if they do run the 4-2-5 against us we will run for 300 yards. Power backs like JROB and Dak will run for 4-5 yards at will against 4-2

Agreed. If they only play two backers, and we spread them out with 3 wr and Jrob-dak, we run riot. Read option over and over would kill them. They'll be forced to put someone on Lewis if he has a big game and then it'll be the Louisiana boys' show

RossDawg82
09-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Spread them out and run the read with a passing option. The 4-2 wont last very long. They will eventually move to a 4-3 and that is when we hit them with the PA.

archdog
09-16-2014, 04:46 PM

He needs 3 more tds

Dawgcentral
09-16-2014, 06:09 PM
It's time for the Diamond Formation. With Dak back there, we have the RBs with speed, strength to power up the middle, and make the catch out of the backfield to churn up the yards, keep the LSU D on the field for extended periods of time, and numerous options after viewing the D presented.

Not saying we should go to this exclusively, but I'd love to see it mixed in, since we haven't shown it since last year's bowl game.

aerodawg
09-16-2014, 08:19 PM
On LSU's D...is it a safety or a LB?

If last year was any indication then noone, despite the fact that we quit getting him the ball in the second half. He would have beaten lsu by himself but for some reason we quit getting the ball to him in space. Obviously LSU made adjustments, but we made little to no attempt to see those adjustments and get him the ball anyway.