PDA

View Full Version : I would expect LSU to have a spy on

cheewgumm
09-16-2014, 07:12 AM
Dak. Agree?

For the coaches and offense evaluators, how can we take advantage?

TheRef
09-16-2014, 07:14 AM
Dak. Agree?

The PA QB dive right over the top of the LBs.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Dak. Agree?

I would imagine every team puts a spy on Dak and it doesn't matter. If you just take a guy outside of the defensive scheme to spy on Dak, then I would think that would open up holes in the defense

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 07:24 AM
let him run over the spy on the keeper for 4 quarters, a la Tebow.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 07:26 AM
they probably won't. If expect to see a lot of 3-5 yard zone coverages by 2 LBs or a LB and a S. They'll put 7-8 in the box.

We'll try to pass early to open it up. If we hit some passes early, they're in trouble. If we can't pass on that D, it's going to be a long night. If we go to the 2nd half without seeing at least five squirrel routes by Tubby, I'll be livid.

msstate7
09-16-2014, 07:27 AM
let him run over the spy on the keeper for 4 quarters, a la Tebow.

I agree. We've gotta run dak a ton this week. Then when they stack the box, hit Malcolm with the play action.

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Would love to see some two TE sets with Malcolm and Hutch. Have one on each side of the line. That would then be two receivers (Bear and Brown) and JRob in the backfield alongside Dak. You could do anything from a power run from that formation to a 4 receiver route. And if you sent those two TE's and WR's into passing routes that would be a matchup nightmare. And then if you swing JRob out of the backfield for a 5 receiver route you are really stretching a defense's capabilities.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 07:47 AM
I want to see Bear, Tubby, a Fred, JRob, and Malcolm Troy out and go five wide. Huddle with the same group and pull Bear and Malcolm back into the box and maul them for 7-8 yards. Then go five wide again with the same group. then have JRob goin into motion with 4 wide and Malcolm staying in as a lead blocker to run that power I-esq QB draw against 6 in the box.

Chavis won't know what personnel group to use against that package. Are we going five wide? Read option? power set?

We should've done that Relf's entire Sr season, but he couldn't consistently hit the quick hitter timing routes.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 07:55 AM
they probably won't. If expect to see a lot of 3-5 yard zone coverages by 2 LBs or a LB and a S. They'll put 7-8 in the box.

We'll try to pass early to open it up. If we hit some passes early, they're in trouble. If we can't pass on that D, it's going to be a long night. If we go to the 2nd half without seeing at least five squirrel routes by Tubby, I'll be livid.

I want a huge game from tubby. If he is in the slot and those lbs in the zone pay to much attention to dak, he could go off in the holes of that zone

engie
09-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Watch the second half of the Wisconsin game. That's the most likely scenario for what we're going to see. If they do that, Dak will have a big day passing...

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2014, 08:28 AM
Watch the second half of the Wisconsin game. That's the most likely scenario for what we're going to see. If they do that, Dak will have a big day passing...

If they do what?

Do we really want to get into a passing match with LSU or do we want to ground and pound?

HancockCountyDog
09-16-2014, 09:06 AM

I was stunned that USA didn't put a spy on Dak. He just crushed them with his legs.

I hope you are right about the big day passing, I know we aren't really encouraged to be critical of Dak, and he has given us so little to be critical about, but his passing has been a little off. He really seems to look at his first guy and either forces it or he looks to run. Now, of course this is not every time, but I have noticed it a bunch in the last two games, and both teams probably dropped about 3 picks.

Also, i was disappointed with the lack of separation that our receivers were able to get against USA, and Im worried that won't get much better against the strength of LSU's defense.

Anyone else going to be at the game? Im going with some LSU buddies from Bay St. Louis.

SignalToNoise
09-16-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm no defensive coordinator, but "putting a spy on him" doesn't sound like something you just decide to permanently do for the entire game. It's not a setting like on your iPhone that you just toggle and the offense is completely unable to react to. If you are putting a spy on the QB then you are giving up a defender elsewhere on the field.

Sure good defenses mix it in to confuse the offense, but not something you just decide to do the entire game.

Same goes for double coverage because that's another we hear all the time.

engie
09-16-2014, 09:21 AM
If they do what?

Do we really want to get into a passing match with LSU or do we want to ground and pound?

Did you watch the game?

Chaviz gap blitzed the LBs in the second half and put the DBs on islands. Wisky didn't just "up and decide to try to beat them through the air" -- it was forced by an LSU adjustment to a slightly safer version of the JLD defense. No one is going to run the ball very successfully against that.

People are shortselling Chavis. He's going to take away what we WANT to do. If we successfully pass on them and force them out of that, it's game on. Jameon and the TEs are the key.

msstate7
09-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Did you watch the game?

Chaviz gap blitzed the LBs in the second half and put the DBs on islands. Wisky didn't just "up and decide to try to beat them through the air" -- it was forced by an LSU adjustment to a slightly safer version of the JLD defense. No one is going to run the ball very successfully against that.

People are shortselling Chavis. He's going to take away what we WANT to do. If we successfully pass on them and force them out of that, it's game on. Jameon and the TEs are the key.

Can he man up on outside with dak being the running threat he is? I would think they'd zone us so everyone can keep an eye on dak

Maroons
09-16-2014, 11:00 AM

Dak is the key. He MUST be sharp throwing the ball for us to have a chance. Solid, quick decisions with very few mistakes.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 11:08 AM
like I said... have to hit passes early. we do that, we could walk out of there with a big ole fat W.

Ralph
09-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Did you watch the game?

Jameon and the TEs are the key.

This

borne
09-16-2014, 01:40 PM
They will attempt to load the box and force Dak to use his arm, which i think he will do just fine but We will still be able to run on them too