PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Milton

Hwy78dawg
09-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Is quite possibly my favorite MSU player that did not make it on the big stage for the Dawgs. He is always sending love our way.

https://twitter.com/the_milton2_8/status/511697332665348096

Not sure if I have enough sense to post the link right, but he has another good tweet about us.

I hope things work out for him in the long run!

shoeless joe
09-15-2014, 09:49 PM
I always liked the way he ran, just had trouble holding onto the ball. His fumble the last time we went to Cajun country was a big turning point in that game.

It is nice to see him showing some love...hope he has a good year himself.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 10:02 PM
I always liked the way he ran, just had trouble holding onto the ball. His fumble the last time we went to Cajun country was a big turning point in that game.

It is nice to see him showing some love...hope he has a good year himself.

Can't forget his fumble against UPig last year that cost us a TD.

msstate7
09-15-2014, 10:03 PM
He'd easily be the 2nd best rb on this team. Watching our backup rb's makes me wish he had stayed

MSUDawg4Life
09-15-2014, 10:09 PM
He'd easily be the 2nd best rb on this team. Watching our backup rb's makes me wish he had stayed

Yep. Wish he could have stayed and just learned to hold on to the ball.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-15-2014, 11:13 PM
Wish he could've stayed as well, but definitely understand his decision. But I'm a big advocate of lower caliber D1 3rd or 4th string players playing in the FCS.

maroonmania
09-16-2014, 09:37 AM

This all day. We are going to miss Milton this year MUCH more than I realized. Griffin and Shumpert at this point appear to be nothing more than pedestrian backs. Would take Milton today over either of them based on what I've observed in our first 3 games. Fumbling issues can be worked on and as we saw from JRob and Shumpert last week, every back is going to fumble occassionally. Heck, apparently Shumpert hasn't even learned the correct hand to carry the ball in. Too bad that Milton's fumbles came at very bad points in important ball games.