PDA

View Full Version : EPL Week 4 Wrap.....

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 01:00 PM
EPL peeps, Week 4 wraps up shortly. Hull City will face West Ham on NBC Sports at 2 CST. Should be a good one. How did your assigned teams fare this week?

Oh, and West Ham fans....You're about to be Mauled by the Tigers!

Goat Holder
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/98763/1455475-thumbsup.jpg

TheRef
09-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Leicester City won 1-0 at Stoke City this Saturday to give the Foxes our first Premiership win of the season off of a goal from Ulloa, who is turning out to be a God-send for our attacking side. He has now scored 3 goals in 4 matches, which is really good for team morale. During the International Week, we lost Kasper (our GK) to an ankle injury so we had to bring in the backup and he did his job about as well as you could ask for. A clean sheet for the Foxes and not much to complain about.

Leicester City currently sits at the 11 slot on the Premiership table with 5 points. We will face off against the Manchester United Reds back at King Power Stadium on Sunday morning (7:30 CT) on CNBC. Manchester United is currently sitting in the 9 slot with 5 points gained through their first 4 matches. Should be an interesting match if the Foxes can keep it close.

DawgHouseUnited
09-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Southampton's sitting at number 4 on the table with 7 points & a +5 goal differential. We were really helped out by a 4-0 blanking of Newcastle United. Graziano Pelle scored twice (his 3rd & 4th thus far), proving that he has been a good pick-up for the Saints. We scored early, then kept control of the game from then on.

Our next game will be versus #3 Swansea- an away game for the Saints.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 02:11 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/9/98763/1455475-thumbsup.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dIvXgGV.png

Floridawg
09-15-2014, 02:45 PM
Abel Hernandez looking like quite the signing so far, almost picked up a brace on a cracker of a shot.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Abel Hernandez looking like quite the signing so far, almost picked up a brace on a cracker of a shot.

No kidding. I'm still trying to figure out this whole offsides thing as it relates to soccer, though. Negated a helluva header for Jelavic. Still, we lead at the break. Now let's play another 45 like that one. Really starting to believe this could be a solid mid-table team that Bruce has put together.

Floridawg
09-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Jelavic was in an offside position when the ball was shot, so from that point on if he has any impact on the play he is still considered offsides. 45 minutes to go.

TheRef
09-15-2014, 02:57 PM
No kidding. I'm still trying to figure out this whole offsides thing as it relates to soccer, though. Negated a helluva header for Jelavic. Still, we lead at the break. Now let's play another 45 like that one. Really starting to believe this could be a solid mid-table team that Bruce has put together.

Basically when the ball is kicked, the attacking player cannot be further than all defending players (save the GK) and try to advance the ball. If he tries to advance towards the ball or if he touches the ball, then the line official raises his flag to indicate offsides and it is a free-kick at the point of offsides.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Ah, I see. And damn, that offsides is HUGE now. West Ham just made a crazy goal to tie it. C'mon, you Hull!

DudyDawg
09-15-2014, 03:09 PM
Sadly I've fallen a bit behind on Burnley as I got caught up with football and my men in Madrid. Real are struggling and just lost 2-1 to atletico Madrid. We've sold angel Di Maria (who looks to already be United's best player) and xabi Alonso to bayern. So we are trying to find our soul right now.

As for BPL, the surprise looks to be Aston villa who beat Liverpool with a team that cost less than Dejan Lovren. Burnley. Ehh. May be too big a task for us this season to stay up

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 03:24 PM
Are you f'n kidding me?! A cheap ass own goal ties it up at 2. I'm going to have an aneurysm.

DudyDawg
09-15-2014, 03:32 PM
Forgot about the Ben Arfa transfer. Very good signing. He has a ton of talent going forward and may provide that creativity Hull needs this season. Look out for him these last 15'

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 03:40 PM
Despite the ridiculous eff up of the own goal, I've been impressed with this team. The new signings look good, particularly Hernandez and Diame. Now we just need to poke it in and hang on for 3 points to move wayyyyy up the table.

Floridawg
09-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah Ben Arfa is solid. Big disappointment to possibly lose 2 points on that cheap goal, goalie should of saved it.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Yeah Ben Arfa is solid. Big disappointment to possibly lose 2 points on that cheap goal, goalie should of saved it.

He did. It went off McGregor's heel, but got punched in by a defender or midfielder trying to dig it out. Just damn. That offsides was a killer, too. This game could've easily been 3-1. Need to shore up our D, though. It looked a bit shaky. We're better with Chester on D. Dunno why Bruce didn't play him tonight.

MaxedOutMaroon
09-15-2014, 04:08 PM
Southampton's sitting at number 4 on the table with 7 points & a +5 goal differential. We were really helped out by a 4-0 blanking of Newcastle United. Graziano Pelle scored twice (his 3rd & 4th thus far), proving that he has been a good pick-up for the Saints. We scored early, then kept control of the game from then on.

Our next game will be versus #3 Swansea- an away game for the Saints.

Very pleased with Pelle's performance. I was constantly getting score updates and was very impressed by the team. The last score, all 11 players touched the ball without losing possession before the score

DawgHouseUnited
09-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Very pleased with Pelle's performance. I was constantly getting score updates and was very impressed by the team. The last score, all 11 players touched the ball without losing possession before the score

I wasn't able to watch, but that does sound good.

ebdawg
09-15-2014, 06:23 PM
As was mentioned earlier, Liverpool lost at home to Aston Villa 0-1. Villa scored an early goal and sat back in defense the rest of the game. Liverpool just couldn't find a way through the defense. Now Liverpool is sitting at 8th in the BPL with 6 points. They look to bounce back this Saturday when they take on West Ham, but first they have a Champions League game tomorrow vs Ludogorets.

Dawg61
09-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Spurs are shitting the bed already after climbing to the top of the table week 2. They have since lost 0-3 to Liverpool and tied Sunderland 2-2. Still in the top half of the league though so not all bad.

mstatefan91
09-16-2014, 09:00 AM
I don't have anything to say except that Aston Villa is absolutely killing it.

I was highly surprised with or 1-0 win over Liverpool even though I know LFC has had some trouble with the Striker position.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 09:19 AM
For those saying during the WC and stuff you wanted to get into soccer, today is a great chance to do it outside of the EPL. The Champions League starts today, and continues tomorrow, with coverage beginning at 1:30 on FS1 and games kicking off shortly after 2 on FS1, FS2, and Fox Sports South and local Fox channels. I know Real Madrid is on Fox Sports South today, against Basel of Switzerland, and the rest of the games can be found at http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/. Happy viewing!!

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2014, 10:05 AM
We had a rough international break with injuries with the worst being Sturrage of course. I'm still scratching my head at Sterling not starting. He has been the creative spark for most of what we have done good so far going foward. I understand the need to rest a young player but rest him when Sturrage is back. I suspect that is lesson learned. Other than that I liked the look of the new boys but they did look like exactly what they were, a group of pretty talented guys who haven't played together much. It will come.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Goalll Real Madrid, nacho had a cross deflected in probably an own goal. And the champions league scoring is under way

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Your reigning European champions are running riot in Madrid. Real Madrid 4- Basel 0. It's even sweeter with atletico Madrid trailing Olympiakos 2-0 across town. 37'. No score in the Liverpool game.

As I'm typing, Basel gets one back. 4-1. What a start. 38' in!!

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-16-2014, 02:24 PM
The situation at Newcastle is toxic right now, and the results on the field show for it. The fans at the matches are chanting shit about the manager and the players during the game. And in return Pardew (the manager) is blaming fans for their bad results.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Arsenal are down 2-0 to borussia Dortmund

ebdawg
09-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Mario Balotelli gets his first goal for Liverpool. Liverpool leads Ludogorets 1-0 with about 10 minutes left to play.

ebdawg
09-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Crazy ending in the Liverpool match. Ludogorets scored in the 90th minute to tie it up at 1, then Liverpool got a stoppage time penalty shot to win it.

DudyDawg
09-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Ohhhh Liverpool. Lucky to win that one. 5-1 Real Madrid. That's how you beat bad teams. Scores around Europe:

Olympiakos 3-2 Atletico Madrid
Juventus 2-0 Malmo
Real Madrid 5-1 Basel
Liverpool 2-1 Ludogorets
Monaco 1-0 Leverkusen
Benfica 0-2 Zenit
Galatasary 1-1 Anderlecht

More games tomorrow. Same time.