PDA

View Full Version : Situational 4th down calls this weekend @ LSU could decide this game

Miss. Stake
09-15-2014, 12:33 PM
With our atrocious field goal kicking situation. If it is 4th and short (lets say 4th and 3 or less) and between the LSU 18-35 yard line, should we go for it every time? What about 4th and medium from between LSU 18-35? Do we even attempt a field goal over 30-35 yards?

This game is going to be a battle. I see special teams playing a huge role.

We just flat out can't expect our kickers to make medium length FG's in a night game at Tiger Stadium. It's hard enough for them to make an extra point consistently. How Dan handles the balance between instilling confidence in our kickers (aka kicking field goals) and deciding when to "play to win" and go for it in Tiger territory will be the deciding factor in this game IMO

hailmari
09-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Dak it up.

RC3
09-15-2014, 12:50 PM
I know whAt les miles would do if that were his situation. Dan should do the same

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 12:54 PM
Always go for it on 4th and 3 or less unless inside our own 40

Always go for it inside their 40 regardless of yardage (maybe FG if inside 25)

Statistically this will produce one extra win over a season's time. It's no harder to make a 4th and 1 than a 2nd and 1. The consequences can be devasting if you don't get it of course, but can be game changing if you do. Think of all the sustained drives where most people punt. Just a thought.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2014, 12:56 PM
I know whAt les miles would do if that were his situation. Dan should do the same

Graze on the playing surface?

Goat Holder
09-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Man, it's easy to see what the difference in this game will be. If we give up bombs and ridiculous big plays, we lose. Their best talent is at the WR position, that's what we have to stop. If we stop that, we have a good shot to get the win. I'll let you decide which is more likely, because I really don't know.