PDA

View Full Version : Is Brandon Bridge better than Anthony Jennings?

justwin
09-15-2014, 12:23 PM
I think so.

thf24
09-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I think so too, but I also think the fact that LSU has good receivers who can bail Jennings out by snagging poor throws while USA doesn't at least offsets the difference between the two.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 12:27 PM
He's certainly faster than Jennings. I haven't seen either throw enough to determine who is the better passer

hailmari
09-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Bridge could be playing for a lot of power 5 teams. His WRs owe him dinner for a month.

justwin
09-15-2014, 12:31 PM
very true.

In terms of the SECW qbs, I only see 2 that have a shot at the NFL - Dak & Kenny Hill. I think Bridge will get a shot at the NFL unlike Wallace, Jennings, Sims, Marshall, Allen. Ball really popped out of Bridge's hand too.

I think so too, but I also think the fact that LSU has good receivers who can bail Jennings out by snagging poor throws while USA doesn't at least offsets the difference between the two.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 12:33 PM
very true.

In terms of the SECW qbs, I only see 2 that have a shot at the NFL - Dak & Kenny Hill. I think Bridge will get a shot at the NFL unlike Wallace, Jennings, Sims, Marshall, Allen. Ball really popped out of Bridge's hand too.

Auburn's backup, Johnson, may be an NFL QB

RougeDawg
09-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Not even a debate on this one. The talent around Jennings is much much better and will elevate his stats, but true QB athletic ability is not even debatable. Bridge would start over most of the current SEC QB's, one Pantene representative in particular.

EAVdog
09-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Brandon Bridge is an NFL prospect who was invited to the Manning Passing Academy.

Jennings probably won't finish as QB at LSU.

thf24
09-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Anyone happen to know why more D1 programs weren't more interested in Bridge when he decided to transfer up from Alcorn? I thought it was obvious he's pretty damn good while he was there.

justwin
09-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Good point & he's only getting better. He's part of the reason why I think Fitzgerald should've played more so far to take over the backup qb job. In 2 years a combo of a junior in Fitzgerald & soph staley would match up well with a seasoned Johnson.

Unfortunately, I'd say our backup qb is the worst in the west currently.

QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;247741]Auburn's backup, Johnson, may be an NFL QB[/QUOTE]

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 02:31 PM
UAB's #2 QB is an NFL guy. Bridge likely is too.

Jennings isn't.