PDA

View Full Version : Improvements this week

1bigdawg
09-15-2014, 09:51 AM
1) Psycho Defense will show up. Remember last year, our guys were always moving around and keeping the offense from knowing what they were doing and causing confusion. We have not done that so far this year, but we will on Saturday. This will also help our DBs as they will not know before the play whether they are facing a zone or man coverage.

2) The kicking game will get better. We now have Cook holding for extra points and field goals. That means we will get many more reps in practice at snapping, holding and kicking that we could not get when our starting QB was the holder. It was great to have Dak as a holder because it made the defense plan for a fake, but it is more important to be able to make the EPs and FGs.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 10:04 AM
1) Psycho Defense will show up. Remember last year, our guys were always moving around and keeping the offense from knowing what they were doing and causing confusion. We have not done that so far this year, but we will on Saturday. This will also help our DBs as they will not know before the play whether they are facing a zone or man coverage.

2) The kicking game will get better. We now have Cook holding for extra points and field goals. That means we will get many more reps in practice at snapping, holding and kicking that we could not get when our starting QB was the holder. It was great to have Dak as a holder because it made the defense plan for a fake, but it is more important to be able to make the EPs and FGs.

Two good points. I agree

msstate7
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM

#1 is important. They have a young qb and I wanna confuse him as much as possible.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Biggest thing is that three seconds after he snaps the ball their QB needs to be running for his life.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Biggest thing is that three seconds after he snaps the ball their QB needs to be running for his life.

After watching their replay last night, if LSU doesn't improve this week, he will be.

TrapGame
09-15-2014, 10:53 AM
I know I lot of folks hate to hear the "We're vanilla. We're holding back for LSU." But, I've had a feeling Collins is holding back on defense. And I also think Mullen is holding Dak back some too. We are going to intro some new stuff Saturday night that will make this game very competitive!

1bigdawg
09-15-2014, 12:40 PM
I've had a feeling Collins is holding back on defense.

We have been standing around pre-snap on defense. Based on last year, either Collins has changed his philosophy of defense or that changes this week. I don't believe he has changed his philosophy.;)

RougeDawg
09-15-2014, 02:24 PM
What are y'all talking about?? Didn't you hear what Bo "The Rogue" Bounds said this morning?? We don't even deserve to even be on the same field as LSU! No way we will even keep this one close!**