PDA

View Full Version : Why you hate LSU?

Coach34
09-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Ok- I'll start- Louisiana people all being bandwagon fans.

Fan after fan I run into in Shreveport, will always call LSU "we". I'll be talking to a La Tech grad- and they will say something like "it's a big game for us. I hope Miles doesn't **** it up for us". I just look at them and say "mf'er you went to La Tech. Ya'll played Thursday night and won. How is LSU "us" for you?"

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 08:14 AM
For similar reasons. Don't have time to write an essay on it, but I grew up in Natchez where LSU sidewalk fans outnumber all UM, MSU, USM, and SWAC MS school fans at least 10 to 1. 50% of LSU fanbase who don't live in Louisiana have never set foot in Louisiana and half the rest only for Mardi Gras.

Bleaux Tigers!

PassInterference
09-15-2014, 08:16 AM
I hate that they've had our number. At least since the late 80's, it doesn't matter how the teams match up - they usually have won. LSU hasn't always been the powerhouse they are today. Even when we've had a better or equal team, they've just about always won.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 08:45 AM
I like LSU. they're a fun crowd and I always enjoy going down there.

SignalToNoise
09-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Had a really obnoxious LSU coworker for my first few years out of State. He is exactly like you described and was a La Tech grad. To make matters worse, he didn't have a good understanding of football and just went off of recruiting rankings. IHe made very absurd arguments like "Well our Senior [position] was a 4*. He is better than your 3*", even if that player hadn't really produced for them over the years.

FlabLoser
09-15-2014, 08:57 AM
I like LSU. they're a fun crowd and I always enjoy going down there.

I do too. I brought a few of them to Starkville for a game and they fed me well.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't hate LSU.

Pollodawg
09-15-2014, 09:05 AM
I really don't hate LSU. I hate OM and Auburn. I don't even hate Bama. But where I live, everything Coach just described can be assigned to the East Mississippi Bama fan contingency.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
there's only one team that I really hate, and I even like some of their players.

FlabLoser
09-15-2014, 09:18 AM
That school that can sign a #1 position player without a campus visit. That school that bullies FOIA requests and NCAA investigations. That school that has visiting recruits thinkings its God's will that they play football there.

I hate them.

RBritt
09-15-2014, 09:30 AM
There are many Ali U fans in Wesson, Brookhaven, and McComb. On my little street in Wesson, there are 4 LSU families none of them went to LSU. If Ali U was like they were in the 80's and 90's we wouldn't have to worry about all these bandwagon dics. I blame Saban for the occurrence of all these fairweather phucks. Also have a good friend who doesn't know who Paul Manieri or Johnny Jones are but loves his Taiga.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2014, 09:33 AM
Because of the purple batman that goes to every home and road game.

http://www.suckitsaban.com/lsu_superman_batman.jpg

MarketingBully01
09-15-2014, 09:38 AM
I hate that they've had our number. At least since the late 80's, it doesn't matter how the teams match up - they usually have won. LSU hasn't always been the powerhouse they are today. Even when we've had a better or equal team, they've just about always won.

That really got compounded when we had the Kang as the coach. Coach Sherrill was great for MSU but his records against LSU and Arkansas overall were abysmal.

Tripp McNeely
09-15-2014, 10:14 AM
At the 09' game in Starkville, after one of their touchdown passes (mid-3rd), a "female" LSU fan who somehow wrangled tickets in our alumni section (and got stuck in the seat next to me), two-hand shoved me in kind of a "look what we did!"-type move. Her husband/boyfriend/herder was already too passed out/head in hands-drunk to back up her move. I did nothing, because what the hell are you supposed to do when a chick (in a very loose sense of the word) pushes you...however I got my revenge about 10 minutes later when she passed out on said boyfriend. He woke up...sort of...realized how billigerent he was and stumbled to the exit...I guess because he got to that drunken state where he "just had to go", probably throw up, pass out in his back seat, etc. (not judging...we've all been there)...funny thing was, he never came back to get her...for all i know that wildebeast is still passed out on the bleachers in Section S. Game ended, we all cleared out, and she was still, head in hands, too drunk to talk or move on the bleachers.

Now, that being said, not sure if I gained or lost respect for their fanbase that day.

I seen it dawg
09-15-2014, 10:34 AM
I'm married to LSU. I don't hate them but the fact we haven't beaten them in 478 years makes it really hard to not finally drill some ****er in the ********** when I get the "look" for the 9,083,261st time in my 44yrs of living in LA when people figure out I didn't go to LSU and went to MSU. As if the only school any LA born person has ever been to is LSU, and we all know that isn't true. I don't hate them except this week. And I will hate them a lot this week and especially all day Saturday down there as I grin and listen to their 13 yr old fans yell Tiger bait at me and I give them the stfu corndog. If we lose this game I may give up all hope for us ever being relevant. It's that bad.

"Look"= oh it's ok you went there honey. Not everyone can go to LSU...

Johnson85
09-15-2014, 11:17 AM
I don't hate LSU. They are to me what Ray Rice is to Janay Rice. Yes, they beat the shit out of us, but I can't quit 'em. I sort of even like them.

msstate7
09-15-2014, 11:21 AM
I don't hate LSU. They are to me what Ray Rice is to Janay Rice. Yes, they beat the shit out of us, but I can't quit 'em. I sort of even like them.

Nice

Goat Holder
09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
Sorry, I do not hate them. They are actually my favorite fanbase.

I've noticed throughout the years that if you are jealous of a team's sidewalk fans, you are jealous that they aren't your own.

messageboardsuperhero
09-15-2014, 12:01 PM
Hell, I kind of like LSU people too. They are batshit crazy, have a good time, don't judge, and just generally don't give a **** about what anyone else thinks. I can appreciate that- plus they are the cultural antithesis of all things UM... Are they a little obnoxious? Sure, but aren't we all after a few drinks and a couple of cups of gumbo?

Of course, this doesn't mean I don't desperately want us to end the streak on Saturday.

LC Dawg
09-15-2014, 03:41 PM
I live in south Mississippi and every LSU "fan" I know is too completely irreversibly stupid to hate.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 03:49 PM
Same reason I dislike any other carnies

CarnivalWorkersThatSmellLikeCornDogs

Todd4State
09-15-2014, 04:00 PM
I dislike that they expect everything to go their way in baseball because they ask. Want Kendall Graveman thrown out of the game because he threw a pitch "too close"? LOL. Right.

And then their baseball team does all of this dancing around, fist pumping, crotch chopping etc.- which is fine. But when the other team does it- it's classless. They can dish it, but they can't take it.

Todd4State
09-15-2014, 04:02 PM
And then there was their constant whining about the 1999 game and Rod Gibson. Nevermind the fact that we scored on the play before. Nevermind the fact that there is no conclusive evidence to prove that he didn't score. Nevermind the fact that they beat us in part on a very questionable TD call the next year.

Johnson85
09-15-2014, 05:03 PM
And then there was their constant whining about the 1999 game and Rod Gibson. Nevermind the fact that we scored on the play before. Nevermind the fact that there is no conclusive evidence to prove that he didn't score. Nevermind the fact that they beat us in part on a very questionable TD call the next year.

Unless I've been brainwashed, I remember seeing a replay where we pretty clearly crawled into the end zone. But the roles were basically reversed the next year, even if the mistake wasn't quite as blatant.

Goat Holder
09-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Unless I've been brainwashed, I remember seeing a replay where we pretty clearly crawled into the end zone. But the roles were basically reversed the next year, even if the mistake wasn't quite as blatant.

Agreed, he didn't get in. But the ridiculous part of it is that we should have waxed their asses in 1998, 1999 and 2000. They were 3-8 and we were 8-3 in 1998 and they beat us 41-6 or something. It took a blown call for us to beat them at home in 1999, then we had arguably our best team in history in 2000 and lost to them down there in year 1 of Saban. We were up 31-17 on those fools, no reason we blew that game. Damn that still pisses me off.

Bully Dee Williams
09-15-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't really hate them. My wife's family is pretty heavily pro-LSU. They're semi-lovable idiots.

However, I have had two really negative experiences at LSU games. The first was in the early 00s. I went down to Baton Rouge for an LSU-Bama game with some friends of mine that were Bama alums. We were exiting the stadium after an LSU win when 3 or 4 balloons full of urine were thrown in our direction. Luckily, we didnt get hit, but some people next to us did.

Also, my brother's car was broken into after the game in 2010 in BR. All of his windows were busted out.

MSUDawg4Life
09-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I don't hate LSU. I'm a LSU alum too. I just went to MSU first and, as they say, you can never get over your first love.

EnterpriseDawg
09-15-2014, 06:32 PM
I too have only one fan base I dislike. As far as LSU goes I get ragged on pretty heavily by a large % of family members that are from Red Stick.

messageboardsuperhero
09-15-2014, 07:02 PM
I dislike that they expect everything to go their way in baseball because they ask. Want Kendall Graveman thrown out of the game because he threw a pitch "too close"? LOL. Right.

And then their baseball team does all of this dancing around, fist pumping, crotch chopping etc.- which is fine. But when the other team does it- it's classless. They can dish it, but they can't take it.

Well, I had separated LSU football and baseball...

I hate everything about their fans and coaches when it comes to baseball.