PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds say we don't have the weapons

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 08:03 AM
on offense to beat LSU.

And Mike Bonner...watch the games. You sound clueless. Kellenberger pimps OM, and Bonner poor mouths us.

I do agree that we have yet to establish our identity on offense. And it will be hard to flip a switch against LSU.

Coach34
09-15-2014, 08:05 AM
I'd say being 16th in the country in rushing is an "identity"...#RTGDF

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 08:13 AM

I agree that should be our identity....let's hope we stick to what we do best

Lloyd Christmas
09-15-2014, 08:15 AM

We would be in the top ten if JRob played before the fifth offensive series.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:16 AM
I find it pretty sad that Bo Bounds was already picking us to lose 10 minutes into the show. Only in Mississippi do we have leaders that do that. Why not build up a big game and talk about the matchups? Why do Mississippi people feel the need to pop MSU fan's bubble so quickly?

We really need to win Saturday night. It's a perception problem. MSU fans, the media, and Bo Bounds are constantly looking for and making a big deal out of any flaw that MSU has so that they don't buy into us. It's been so long since we've won a game like this, that no media member will say we have a chance until we actually do it.

Since Bo said that our lack of playmakers on offense and the backend of our defense is our Achilles heal, it will be curios to see if Bo talks about Ole Miss' lack of run defense or ability to run when he interview Kellenberger

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Football gurus:

Bo did make one good point, why do we look so choppy on offense?

I'll give Ole Miss credit for one thing, and perhaps it's because they have played bad teams, as have we, but they play with rhythm and tempo and we don't.

Why are we choppy, and why does Dan shy away from allowing this team develop it's identity?

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Am I going MADDDDD or did the words "stars" just escape his lips?

-regarding LSU's players and that being the reason they will beat us.

UMCDawg16
09-15-2014, 08:24 AM
I find it pretty sad that Bo Bounds was already picking us to lose 10 minutes into the show. Only in Mississippi do we have leaders that do that. Why not build up a big game and talk about the matchups? Why do Mississippi people feel the need to pop MSU fan's bubble so quickly?

We really need to win Saturday night. It's a perception problem. MSU fans, the media, and Bo Bounds are constantly looking for and making a big deal out of any flaw that MSU so that they don't buy into us. It's been so long since we've won a game like this, that no media member will say we have a chance until we actually do it.

Since Bo said that our lack of playmakers on offense and the backend of our defense is our Achilles heal, it will be curios to see if Bo talks about Ole Miss' lack of run defense or ability to run when he interview Kellenberger

I agree. Bo really pisses me off sometimes. Any time MSU or OM is doing well and winning games Bo just downplays everything and acts like we are not good. And I like how at the end of the interview with Bonner, Bo mentioned our game with LSU and how we have no chance and have ZERO weapons and then gives Bonner no chance to respond. The difference between Bonner and Kellenburger is that Bonner is actually a journalist that does his job and Kellenberger is just a homer that happens to work for the CL.

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Georgia is by far the most talented team, but yet SC won. But it's okay to say we won't

dawgindothan
09-15-2014, 08:28 AM
I find it pretty sad that Bo Bounds was already picking us to lose 10 minutes into the show. Only in Mississippi do we have leaders that do that.

Bo Bounds is a "leader"? Seriously?? Who gives a rip what he has to say.

cheewgumm
09-15-2014, 08:29 AM
There's no reason for anyone to pick us. They've beat us about 50 straight times. And we go to their place... Odds are with you if you pick them.

State has ONE way to change this and it's hard. Beat them. That's it. What everyone thinks is meaningless. You accomplish by accomplishing.

Mullen has to get it done.... Period. Otherwise they're right and we're wrong.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:30 AM
I just completely disagree that we don't have playmakers on offense.

Dak > Bo
JROB > Ole Miss' running backs
Bear < Treadwell
Lewis, Johnson, Ross, Brown > or = Sanders, Core, etc...
Malcolm Johnson = Engram

What am I missing here? We can run the ball, they can't

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 08:30 AM
Football gurus:

I'll give Ole Miss credit for one thing, and perhaps it's because they have played bad teams, as have we, but they play with rhythm and tempo and we don't.

Why are we choppy, and why does Dan shy away from allowing this team develop it's identity?

If we lose, it will be because of this. I'll put it this way. If we go down there like we did against Bama in 2012 trying to "execute" our offensive (and possibly overcoached) game plan like that hard video game level where everything has to go just right....if we go down there and start trying to not to lose...we will lose. If we go down there and turn Dak loose (read: we've heretofore sometimes been too long in the blinking pocket) and just are determined to kick their ever loving butt, I think we will.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Wow, Kellenberger just said you don't need to run the ball between the tackles in modern football and said Auburn doesn't run between the tackles. Wow, Kellenberger is the new Chip Kelly, brutal

msstate7
09-15-2014, 08:36 AM
Guess I'm just a homer bc I consider the best offensive weapon playing sat night dak

Coach34
09-15-2014, 08:38 AM
We have to be able to #RTGDF and then make a few big plays in the passing game. If we can run the football fairly effectively- we will get some big passing plays. If we struggle to run- then it will be tough.

Same me goes for the LSU offense

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:38 AM

He has a voice and audience. For better or worse, he influences people's thinking. That's a leader

dawgindothan
09-15-2014, 08:39 AM

Dak > Bo
Bear < Treadwell
Malcolm Johnson = Engram

How did this thread quickly go from a discussion of whether we have the weapons to beat LSU to a comparision between our weapons and TSUN's??

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 08:40 AM
we've had 132 passes or so thrown against us. 5 have been problems. the absurdity with bitching about the secondary is ridiculous.

Also, anyone saying that a team reeling off 500+ yards of offense consistently while playing backups half the time doesn't have an identity, isn't really paying attention.

starkvegasdawg
09-15-2014, 08:43 AM

Dak > Bo
Bear < Treadwell
Malcolm Johnson = Engram

Our OL > their OL.

25% of the season is now in the books. About time for Big Softie to need to take some time off.

ShotgunDawg
How did this thread quickly go from a discussion of whether we have the weapons to beat LSU to a comparision between our weapons and TSUN's??

Yes, they are our rival. You should compare yourself to your rival everyday or you will fall behind.

UMCDawg16
we've had 132 passes or so thrown against us. 5 have been problems. the absurdity with bitching about the secondary is ridiculous.

Also, anyone saying that a team reeling off 500+ yards of offense consistently while playing backups half the time doesn't have an identity, isn't really paying attention.

Bo Bounds says our secondary is gonna get torched this weekend by LSU's QBs who are averaging 214 yards per game passing to go along with their 52% completetion %.

bluelightstar
09-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Wow, Kellenberger just said you don't need to run the ball between the tackles in modern football and said Auburn doesn't run between the tackles. Wow, Kellenberger is the new Chip Kelly, brutal

Auburn doesn't run between the tackles? Nope, can't take anything else he says seriously. Auburn is a power run team.

bulldawg28
09-15-2014, 08:45 AM

Agreed.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Auburn doesn't run between the tackles? Nope, can't take anything else he says seriously. Auburn is a power run team.

Agree,, Kellenberger is a tard and Bo kinda called him on that. Guy has zero clue

Bo is going off on Kellenberger now

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 08:47 AM

Identity may be a poor choice of words. Our identity is running it. I guess our lack of fluidity has caught my eye...most of which is due to playing tons of people though. I just hope we can sure up our passing accuracy and force LSU to respect the pass and not stack the box.

TrapGame
09-15-2014, 08:47 AM
We have an offense weapon and his name is Dakota. Mullen takes him off the leash Saturday night. He's been told not to run as much in the first three games.

defiantdog
09-15-2014, 08:48 AM
RunnningTGDF should not be a problem against LSU. For once, their defensive line is their weakness for the defense. JRob won't be able to break any long runs, but I see us knocking 4 to 5 yard runs at will. But LSU is going to come out pumped. So don't get down on the team when we have a few three and outs to start the game. This game will be 4 quarters long and we will be in contention all game. Our defense is going to have to force LSU to make mistakes.

Political Hack
Bo Bounds says our secondary is gonna get torched this weekend by LSU's QBs who are averaging 214 yards per game passing to go along with their 52% completetion %.

they may give up a few plays, but they're going to make some too (more INTs than TDs). I have a feeling LSU is going to rip off some big runs too, but I like the balance and attitude of this team. I think the DakAttack bounces back and gets his too.

cheewgumm
I wonder what out perception would be if our scores had been:

65-0 over USM
56-34 over UAB
62-3 over UAB

Because the above
Would have happened is Mullen had wanted it to.

If it was the above we would have been seen as A&M part 2.

I may be totally wrong but watching LSU and us, I think we can win. It's hard to predict it because we've lost so many in the past.

I see ULM getting pressure with their guys and I plug in C Jones and P Smith in my mind and try to compare. I see them stuffing LSUs run for a while and I think we can so it too. I see them
Moving the ball and I plug in Dak.

27-17

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes, they are our rival. You should compare yourself to your rival everyday or you will fall behind.

Your obsession with this is why people have called you a troll. Just sayin

bluelightstar
09-15-2014, 08:50 AM
Identity may be a poor choice of words. Our identity is running it. I guess our lack of fluidity has caught my eye...most of which is due to playing tons of people though. I just hope we can sure up our passing accuracy and force LSU to respect the pass and not stack the box.

Agree, our offense looks (to use a Mullen term) a little "herky-jerky" sometime. I think that's part of playing a lot of guys, not being completely pumped up for these games, and not using the whole playbook yet. Even still, we are the #15 offense in the country.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 08:52 AM

I watched their replay last night. Not worried about Jennings. They may make a big play or two, but, if we pressure them, which we will, we will get a few picks.

rbdog82
09-15-2014, 08:52 AM

^^^ This.

dawgindothan
09-15-2014, 08:53 AM

Fair enough, I'm just not sure what that has to do with whether we have the weapons to beat LSU

Goat Holder
09-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Agree, our offense looks (to use a Mullen term) a little "herky-jerky" sometime. I think that's part of playing a lot of guys, not being completely pumped up for these games, and not using the whole playbook yet. Even still, we are the #15 offense in the country.

Mullen's offense has always been herky-jerky, even at Florida.

EAVdog
09-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Football gurus:

I've watched their games this year, they have been keeping their starters in for almost the entire time, particularly against Boise. Less so against Vandy and ULL. But again it was against Vandy and ULL.

And by the way our 'choppy' offense has more YPG than the vaunted Freeze machine.

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 08:55 AM
I hate when media people start this kind of crap trying to look so smug and smart. It is hard to beat anybody 28 times in a row simply because the ball is freaking asymmetrical so to speak. He's FOS saying that beating KY 28 times in a row is basically easy. 25-3, 26-2, sure, but lining 28 straight times against anyone and not having the ball bounce their way just once so to speak and still beating them is a very big deal. It is not easy.

EAVdog
09-15-2014, 08:56 AM
We scored 26 on them last year. If we can equal that I think we can keep them from scoring 26.

whosyourdawgy
09-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Only 5 passes have been issues Hack? There were more than that vs UAB and we had numerous passes vs USA that were open just not sec talent to finish. You let LSU get behind us like that we r toast

fishwater99
09-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Why do you listen to this guy?

ckDOG
09-15-2014, 08:58 AM
Want the media to respect our team? Mullen needs to go out there and beat LSU. We have loads of potential, but nobody is going to pat our backs for beating crap teams and Rice in a bowl game.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 09:00 AM
I've watched their games this year, they have been keeping their starters in for almost the entire time, particularly against Boise. Less so against Vandy and ULL. But again it was against Vandy and ULL.

And by the way our 'choppy' offense has more YPG than the vaunted Freeze machine.

shhhhhhhhhh, keep this quiet, we don't want the media to find out that we avg 526 ypg and they are averaging 519 ypg. We can't let them know that their perception is incorrect.

The QB running is effective but ugly. Maybe that's why our offense seems crude.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 09:01 AM
Your obsession with this is why people have called you a troll. Just sayin
Oh no, someone called me a troll? How dare they**

Coach34
09-15-2014, 09:06 AM

Meh- while I think your comparisons were correct, no real need to bring them into this. We run our offense differently from them. We are physical- they are finesse.

Pollodawg
09-15-2014, 09:06 AM
Is this the guy who took the pic sitting in a chair with blazer on and jeans while smoking a cigar and drinking bourbon? The bald guy? Looks like a poser to me.

Pollodawg
09-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Why do you listen to this guy?

Didn't see this before I posted, Fish. Yep. Poser. Trying way too hard.

slickdawg
09-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Arkansas and Mississippi State are the only two schools with TWO players in the SEC's top 10 rushers.

But we don't have an identity?

We are averaging 260.6 YPG rushing , 266.3 YPG passing. About as balanced as you can be.

We have the 11th best run defense in the country, 80YPG, 2.3 yards per carry.

That said, none of it matters. Either you beat LSU or you don't.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Only 5 passes have been issues Hack? There were more than that vs UAB and we had numerous passes vs USA that were open just not sec talent to finish. You let LSU get behind us like that we r toast

talking about the 5 that helped UAB put up points. I don't care about midrange passes that don't lead to TDs. We've given up huge chunks of yards on 5 passes. Love got bailed out A LOT (I think at least 3 times) against USA, but every team has drops. Especially on longer balls. Can't hold "drops" against the secondary IMO.

UMCDawg16
09-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Arkansas and Mississippi State are the only two schools with TWO players in the SEC's top 10 rushers.

We are averaging 260.6 YPG rushing , 266.3 YPG passing. About as balanced as you can be.

Exactly, so because we don't do one thing a lot better than the other, we just don't have an identity. Makes sense***

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 09:14 AM

We have run the ball well, but I don't feel like we've committed to it yet.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 09:17 AM
if run for as many yards as you pass, you're a better running team... and you're usually winning.

OurState
09-15-2014, 09:17 AM

I took the "not enough weapons" comment to be about LSU not TSUN.

Whether we lead TSUN or fall behind them next week is irrelevant we play LSU.

RougeDawg
09-15-2014, 09:21 AM
I watched their replay last night. Not worried about Jennings. They may make a big play or two, but, if we pressure them, which we will, we will get a few picks.

Been saying this since march about Jennings. He is not very good. The best defense he has seen in his 5 games as starter is Wisconsin in opener, and we all know LSU had to RTGDB in the 2nd half to win it. Jennings crumbles under pressure and stares down his WR when he does have time. He's just had the luxury these last two games to play defenses that were completely undersized and outmanned. They or he have not seen a defense even close to our caliber. Unless they catch some miracle Hail Marys on us I expect to fully shut doen Jennings. They will not go 3-4 wide against us much, if they do at all. Our defense sets up perfectly to stop an offense like theirs with an inexperienced QB.

It's obvious that Bo knows as much about sports and analyzing them, as most of us do about flying the space shuttle. He can't help making moronic ignorant statements because he is an ignorant moron, but the reason he talks out of his ass regularly is to start exactly what else are doing here. I used to tune in on ohine daily until the hyped "after back to back cotton bowl in fifty year" season. If anyone cares to look back at that era he was predicted OM to challenge for the NFC south, preseason and still had Nutts Nuts in his mouth the first couple weeks. Then he tried crawfishing and I no longer could tolerate his stupid bullshit. He even blocked me on twitter because I called him out on his predictions and love of Nutt and om. He constabtly contradicts himself and knows more a lot Jackson prep than Mississippi State football. Why some of you continue to listen to the fictional show is beyond me. Please save the rest of us the trouble of having to hear and read about his idiotic rhetoric and stop listening. We will all be much smarter for it.

MarketingBully01
09-15-2014, 09:27 AM

It's a VERY low percentage play which is why you don't do it much. Very hard to complete a lot. For an example, we had drops on long balls where we beat Auburn's DBs in the game in 2010. Guess what? We dropped them. Had we completed them, Auburn doesn't win a national championship. You don't do that play a lot. I bet we see tops, tops three of those plays on Saturday and if we defend the first one we won't see it the rest of the game. The rarity is UAB going 5/5 on those plays. That never happens. If I had to guess, I would put it at about a 5% chance of what they did.

UMCDawg16
09-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Been saying this since march about Jennings. He is not very good. The best defense he has seen in his 5 games as starter is Wisconsin in opener, and we all know LSU had to RTGDB in the 2nd half to win it. Jennings crumbles under pressure and stares down his WR when he does have time. He's just had the luxury these last two games to play defenses that were completely undersized and outmanned. They or he have not seen a defense even close to our caliber. Unless they catch some miracle Hail Marys on us I expect to fully shut doen Jennings. They will not go 3-4 wide against us much, if they do at all. Our defense sets up perfectly to stop an offense like theirs with an inexperienced QB.

It's obvious that Bo knows as much about sports and analyzing them, as most of us do about flying the space shuttle. He can't help making moronic ignorant statements because he is an ignorant moron, but the reason he talks out of his ass regularly is to start exactly what else are doing here. I used to tune in on ohine daily until the hyped "after back to back cotton bowl in fifty year" season. If anyone cares to look back at that era he was predicted OM to challenge for the NFC south, preseason and still had Nutts Nuts in his mouth the first couple weeks. Then he tried crawfishing and I no longer could tolerate his stupid bullshit. He even blocked me on twitter because I called him out on his predictions and love of Nutt and om. He constabtly contradicts himself and knows more a lot Jackson prep than Mississippi State football. Why some of you continue to listen to the fictional show is beyond me. Please save the rest of us the trouble of having to hear and read about his idiotic rhetoric and stop listening. We will all be much smarter for it.

SOLID post.

MarketingBully01
09-15-2014, 09:32 AM
For being an MSU grad, I have noticed that he goes out if his way not to mention us or seems to be down on us. I am kind of disappointed in him. I would at least expect objectivity with a hint of homerism. I think I would like that better then what he does now.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 09:34 AM
For being an MSU grad, I have noticed that he goes out if his way not to mention us or seems to be down on us. I am kind of disappointed in him. I would at least expect objectivity with a hint of homerism. I think I would like that better then what he does now.

We have to give him a reason. We need a win

HancockCountyDog
09-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Lets keep the focus on LSU. I don't think the bearsharks can beat LSU, so who gives a shit if we have better receivers than them or an OL - all that matters is beating LSU.

I totally disagree that we should be constantly comparing ourselves to the bears. **** them. We have a real shot at winning the SEC this year - they don't. IT doesn't matter what they do, it only matters what we do on the field, and we have a team that can and should beat LSU.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 10:03 AM
Bo ends the show with, "Ole Miss has FAR more weapons on offense than Mississippi State...that's clear." And then, "It's obvious that RIGHT NOW, Ole Miss is the better team. And they're better on paper recruiting wise as well".

I know it's about LSU this week, but Good grief Bo. Get a damn clue, and get the Grover's junk out of your mouth. I hope we smoke LSU, A&M, and Auburn and then give a big middle finger to media members that talk out of their rears without doing an ounce of actual work before speaking/writing.

I think our team is hungry, and we will let it loose this weekend.

engie
09-15-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist on the "everybody is out to get MSU" -- but this has been the most painful radio show I've ever heard Bo do. I find myself disagreeing with basically everything he's said today -- and that's saying something. He's FAR lower on MSU than Finebaum, Cowherd, or anyone else will be the rest of the day. The MSU fan/alum that has undoubtably watched us the closest is the only one that's missed the memo on what we've been trying to do and why. Beyond that, it's CLEAR he hasn't done one ounce of research on LSU and probably hasn't really watched them at all. It's all "Well, they are just ELITE... Dave Bartoo... Recruiting". Filler bullshit. Talk in particulars if you want to be taken seriously in a manner that makes your research palpable, Bo. Say something profound that expresses this. For all the bitching about Finebaum -- he's good for one of these sound clips in his previews to EVERY game generally. Thusfar, I've seen one elite group on that entire LSU team -- the DBs. That's it. Dural is elite as well if they can get him the ball in space. But they ain't gonna line up one wide in the I and jam it down our throats like they tried to do to ULM.

CadaverDawg
09-15-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist on the "everybody is out to get MSU" -- but this has been the most painful radio show I've ever heard Bo do. I find myself disagreeing with basically everything he's said today -- and that's saying something. He's FAR lower on MSU than Finebaum, Cowherd, or anyone else will be the rest of the day...

Totally agree. He hasn't been this "off" in a while. He made a fool of himself today. Maybe one of his OM sponsors told him he was pulling the ad money if he didn't blow OM or something. Terrible.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Bo ends the show with, "Ole Miss has FAR more weapons on offense than Mississippi State...that's clear." And then, "It's obvious that RIGHT NOW, Ole Miss is the better team. And they're better on paper recruiting wise as well".

I know it's about LSU this week, but Good grief Bo. Get a damn clue, and get the Grover's junk out of your mouth. I hope we smoke LSU, A&M, and Auburn and then give a big middle finger to media members that talk out of their rears without doing an ounce of actual work before speaking/writing.

I think our team is hungry, and we will let it loose this weekend.

I heard that as well.

I usually like listening to Bo, but that was one of the worst shows I've ever heard out of him. Very little research, football knowledge, and I question the overall objective of his show today.

We have two 3-0 teams in this state and all he could do bash was them, and then he says that Ole Miss is obviously the better team when no stats indicate that.

Apparently the two most important stats in football are Bo Wallace's completion and their recruiting ranking

msugolf
09-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Agreed. The one thing that Bo doesn't do is research. He likes to think he does but he doesn't. Now, he might get a lot of info from outside, third-party sources but he doesn't actually gather info/data on his own. He simply looks at scores and snippets of games and then forms a quick judgement that he vehemently sticks by regardless of its validity. For instance, say DeRunnya has an unreal game this weekend and really shows out. Bo we'll most likely say Mullen gets players to play over their talent level as opposed to "Wow, DeRunnya is a really special talent."

It all comes back to a pride thing.

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm not a conspiracy theorist on the "everybody is out to get MSU" -- but this has been the most painful radio show I've ever heard Bo do. I find myself disagreeing with basically everything he's said today -- and that's saying something. He's FAR lower on MSU than Finebaum, Cowherd, or anyone else will be the rest of the day. The MSU fan/alum that has undoubtably watched us the closest is the only one that's missed the memo on what we've been trying to do and why. Beyond that, it's CLEAR he hasn't done one ounce of research on LSU and probably hasn't really watched them at all. It's all "Well, they are just ELITE... Dave Bartoo... Recruiting". Filler bullshit. Talk in particulars if you want to be taken seriously in a manner that makes your research palpable, Bo. Say something profound that expresses this. For all the bitching about Finebaum -- he's good for one of these sound clips in his previews to EVERY game generally. Thusfar, I've seen one elite group on that entire LSU team -- the DBs. That's it. Dural is elite as well if they can get him the ball in space. But they ain't gonna line up one wide in the I and jam it down our throats like they tried to do to ULM.

+1 exactly how I was feeling. I didn't catch Bonner's interview but everything after that. The closing statements made me want to puke on my drive to work.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 10:52 AM
I just don't get why anyone would be ripping an untested 3-0
team that's handled it's business every chance it's been given.

Next week the talk could be warranted. Until then, it's just dumb.

cheewgumm
09-15-2014, 10:55 AM
TRUTH is coming. We're goinna know on Saturday night. I can't wait to find out.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 10:56 AM
+1 exactly how I was feeling. I didn't catch Bonner's interview but everything after that. The closing statements made me want to puke on my drive to work.

Agree, the problem is there just isn't any info/stats to back that statement.

MSU is averaging more yards per game than Ole Miss overall, more rushing yards per game, and giving up FAR LESS rushing yards per game. Sure, Ole Miss may have more flash and look more exciting, but that doesn't mean they are better. In fact, the stats that every football expert agrees that matter, tells a very different story.

But all anyone wants to talk about is Bo Wallace's completion percentage and Ole Miss' recruiting ranking. By the way, MSU's recruiting ranking has been in the top 20 two of the last 3 years, and will be again this year. We have good players.

Bo Wallace's completion percentage is virtually irrelevant because Ole Miss throws so many bubble screens and short passes, but that's all they talk about.

Terrible job today Bo, terrible job. Shows like that will open the window for better, more prepared radio hosts to step in and take your job.

RTO Dawg
09-15-2014, 11:16 AM
We have to be able to #RTGDF and then make a few big plays in the passing game. If we can run the football fairly effectively- we will get some big passing plays. If we struggle to run- then it will be tough.

Same me goes for the LSU offense

^^^this

fishwater99
09-15-2014, 11:27 AM
It's rum he's drinking, even worse.. He would be a hipster if he could grow hair on his head...

Percho
09-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Om has thrown 110 passes and yards per catch is 13.3. We have thrown 89 and our YPC is 15.1. We have given up 14.6 compared to OM 7.9.

Uab however had 27.2 YPC against us.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Agree, the problem is there just isn't any info/stats to back that statement.

MSU is averaging more yards per game than Ole Miss overall, more rushing yards per game, and giving up FAR LESS rushing yards per game. Sure, Ole Miss may have more flash and look more exciting, but that doesn't mean they are better. In fact, the stats that every football expert agrees that matter, tells a very different story.

we're putting up higher numbers despite playing our 2nd team and beyond much, much more. They don't have the depth that we do. it's not even close.

RougeDawg
09-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Om has thrown 110 passes and yards per catch is 13.3. We have thrown 89 and our YPC is 15.1. We have given up 14.6 compared to OM 7.9.

Uab however had 27.2 YPC against us.

Hey, don't let truth and facts get in the way of the Headline!!!**

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 11:49 AM
we're putting up higher numbers despite playing our 2nd team and beyond much, much more. They don't have the depth that we do. it's not even close.

Bo was unprepared and ignorant today. His show is better than that, but will be replaced in time if he doesn't do research and have informed opinion. His listeners are smarter than they've ever been. He needs to respect that

Dawgface
09-15-2014, 12:11 PM
He has a voice and audience. For better or worse, he influences people's thinking. That's a leader
Does Finebaum influence people's thinking? I guess he is a leader in your book. TalKing heads like these guys are good at is pissing people off. That's about it. I don't give a rats ass what any of these guys have to say.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Does Finebaum influence people's thinking? I guess he is a leader in your book. TalKing heads like these guys are good at is pissing people off. That's about it. I don't give a rats ass what any of these guys have to say.

Yes, I think Finebaum does influence people's thinking.

All leaders don't have to be positive leaders. There are poor leaders as well.

WinningIsRelentless
09-15-2014, 12:36 PM
States big X factor that no one is talking about is Day Dak and JRob coming from LA and how fired up they will be to play LSU.

The reason Ole Miss has played LSU well recently is because they have several players that come from that state and get fired up to play friends that they have played against since they were 5.

Look out for Dak and JRob to have monster games. If we can get a combined 200 rushing yards between the 2 we win the game.

DownwardDawg
09-15-2014, 01:26 PM

Hitler was a leader.....

DownwardDawg
09-15-2014, 01:29 PM
You all need to stop listening to his show. If he sucks that bad, why would you listen to him? I don't understand.

K9 Avenger
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Bo was unprepared and ignorant today. His show is better than that, but will be replaced in time if he doesn't do research and have informed opinion. His listeners are smarter than they've ever been. He needs to respect that

No, it's really not. In fact, his show sux that bad on a daily basis. It's why I quit listening years ago.

dawgoneyall
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Get off the fence. Take a stance.

ShotgunDawg
09-15-2014, 02:33 PM
No, it's really not. In fact, his show sux that bad on a daily basis. It's why I quit listening years ago.

I disagree. I've long said that I believe Bo has one of the better college football shows in the South, but today's show was horrible, lacked research, and most of all lacked perspective. MS needs fountains, not drains, and Bo was terrible today. We expect better.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 04:34 PM
I've never seen people this upset with him. I don't get why he'd stole the flame after a 3-0 start. Just seems irresponsible considering no one has sniffed a win against us yet. Also, the perpetual comparing of OM to State day in and day out is a media driver inside the State. They eat it up, because the press conference is the only actual time they're "better."

Goat Holder
09-15-2014, 04:53 PM
I've never seen people this upset with him. I don't get why he'd stole the flame after a 3-0 start. Just seems irresponsible considering no one has sniffed a win against us yet. Also, the perpetual comparing of OM to State day in and day out is a media driver inside the State. They eat it up, because the press conference is the only actual time they're "better."

You mean you don't get why an alleged MSU supporter would knowingly damage MSU for their own financial gain/website clicks/ego?

Me either. But I bet Michael Wardlaw, Rosebowl Robertson and HD6 could tell us. Only thing I can come up with is that they have accepted that we will suck forever so they are just trying to bleed it for all its worth. But they just don't understand that fans need to have hope, no matter how hapless the situation is.

Johnson85
09-15-2014, 05:09 PM

But they do have to lead somebody. Most people in the state don't know who Bo Bounds is. I wouldn't know who he is if it weren't for this site and sixpackspeak. Every minor 'celebrity' (and that is probably stretching that word beyond recognition) is not a leader and he's not any more of a leader than our local meteorologist.

And that's not to bash Bo BOunds. If he is making a living in the Jackson radio market, he's probably pretty decent at self promotion. Just don't get why anybody would consider him a leader.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 05:56 PM
You mean you don't get why an alleged MSU supporter would knowingly damage MSU for their own financial gain/website clicks/ego?

Me either. But I bet Michael Wardlaw, Rosebowl Robertson and HD6 could tell us. Only thing I can come up with is that they have accepted that we will suck forever so they are just trying to bleed it for all its worth. But they just don't understand that fans need to have hope, no matter how hapless the situation is.

I'll never understand that. I do understand that the hardest thing to do sometimes is to just shut up. May be the hardest thing you've ever done, but when people and a program you love are on the line it may be best to just shut up. I'll never understand why others either 1) don't care or 2) too dumb to realize it.

chef dixon
09-15-2014, 06:04 PM
I usually get some comedy gold from the few minutes I catch of his show in the morning.

Dawgface
09-15-2014, 06:07 PM
But they do have to lead somebody. Most people in the state don't know who Bo Bounds is. I wouldn't know who he is if it weren't for this site and sixpackspeak. Every minor 'celebrity' (and that is probably stretching that word beyond recognition) is not a leader and he's not any more of a leader than our local meteorologist.

And that's not to bash Bo BOunds. If he is making a living in the Jackson radio market, he's probably pretty decent at self promotion. Just don't get why anybody would consider him a leader.
Agree. Bounds and FB are not leading anyone. I'm not sure I buy that he even influence peoples opinions. Most of these guys are there to just stir up a conversation/debate on a topic. I don't listen to BB and rarely do with Finebaum. But Finebaum sure as hell doesn't change or influence my opinion on something.

JDog13
09-15-2014, 07:48 PM

Self promotion is all he is about. All this lame ass yall lifestyle crap is horrible. Where the SEC meets the yall lifestyle? Cheers yall? You got these guys tweeting him pictures of whiskey and cigars, and Bo tweeting things with random pictures of bourbon attached. His colloege football "remedy" is a joke. Anyone can make scripted statements followed by audio recordings. I'd much rather listen to a radio host talk sports without trying to act all high society. His show is good at times, but lately all he has talked about is how great CBS is. I'm 35, fat and out of shape, but I can throw 5 yard lasers for a 70% comp rate. I'm definitely not "slightly southern, rather sophisticated."