PDA

View Full Version : This may sound dumb regarding the LSU game...

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
I have been checking in on opponents message boards for years and years prior to our games. There has never been a more confident bunch than the Tiger fans over on Tiger Droppings. I don't think any of them have ever expected us to even keep a game remotely close. And for that reason, I found these predictions very surprising, and very telling about the game next weekend.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=52234932&pg=3

There's a storm brewing, boys. It's now or never.

Lloyd Christmas
09-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Well they have beaten us 14 years in a row, they are ranked #8, and it's in Tiger Stadium. I can understand their attitudes.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Their secondary is damn good. I hope Dak is a little smarter about his passes this week because their DBs wont drop those interceptions. This is my biggest concern this week besides our secondary

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 08:02 PM
Well they have beaten us 14 years in a row, they are ranked #8, and it's in Tiger Stadium. I can understand their attitudes.

You must not have read the link. I was saying that they are expecting a close game, and some think we win. That is very strange for this bunch of fans. Seems they are having doubts about this game, which sounds great to me because nobody knows LSU's team like those fans.

Lloyd Christmas
09-14-2014, 08:05 PM
You must not have read the link. I was saying that they are expecting a close game, and some think we win. That is very strange for this bunch of fans. Seems they are having doubts about this game, which sounds great to me because nobody knows LSU's team like those fans.

Ah I guess I misunderstood since some of them do have the Tigas blowing us out. But on second look some of them have us keeping it close.

justwin
09-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Yes, it's time. I'm pretty pleased with the MSU stat line through 3 games...shows a variety of offensive contributors scoring TDs especially from guys we needed to score TDs early on to gain confidence for the SEC season.

Some specific stats that caught my attention:

Lewis has the most catches with 10..no surprise

We have 7 TDs scored by our outside WRs...7..let that sink in for a minute. Those 7 scores are from Morrow, Ross, RoJo, and of course Wilson.

I had hoped JRob would've gotten 50 carries, but he's right there at 46. ~ 6 yds a pop too

MoJo & Walley have scored 3 TDs. I knew Walley would be good, but he's claimed first team reps sooner than I thought he would.

Finally......Griffin has 15 carries & a TD which is huge for him. Glad to see he's #2 b/c we need 4-7 carries a game from him for ~4 yds / carry. He moves the pile and it's nice to see him gain confidence on the inside runs and cuts. He & J-Rob are going to be the best RB power duo that Mullen has had since his first year in 2009. Griffin played quite well in BR two years ago and one of the few times that season where our RB claimed tough yards by pounding the LSU DL. Food for thought.....we lost to a more talented LSU team in 2009 30-26....Dixon rushed for 27 for 106 & 2 TDs. More importantly, Ducre had 7 carries for 30 yards ~ 4yds a pop and I think we can get that same production from Nick.

Can't wait for Sat night

Homedawg
09-14-2014, 08:25 PM
Yes, it's time. I'm pretty pleased with the MSU stat line through 3 games...shows a variety of offensive contributors scoring TDs especially from guys we needed to score TDs early on to gain confidence for the SEC season.

Some specific stats that caught my attention:

Lewis has the most catches with 10..no surprise

We have 7 TDs scored by our outside WRs...7..let that sink in for a minute. Those 7 scores are from Morrow, Ross, RoJo, and of course Wilson.

I had hoped JRob would've gotten 50 carries, but he's right there at 46. ~ 6 yds a pop too

MoJo & Walley have scored 3 TDs. I knew Walley would be good, but he's claimed first team reps sooner than I thought he would.

Finally......Griffin has 15 carries & a TD which is huge for him. Glad to see he's #2 b/c we need 4-7 carries a game from him for ~4 yds / carry. He moves the pile and it's nice to see him gain confidence on the inside runs and cuts. He & J-Rob are going to be the best RB power duo that Mullen has had since his first year in 2009. Griffin played quite well in BR two years ago and one of the few times that season where our RB claimed tough yards by pounding the LSU DL. Food for thought.....we lost to a more talented LSU team in 2009 30-26....Dixon rushed for 27 for 106 & 2 TDs. More importantly, Ducre had 7 carries for 30 yards ~ 4yds a pop and I think we can get that same production from Nick.

Can't wait for Sat night

There is no duo. We have jrob, who like you alluded to is a very good back. Then we have 2 avg rb's and a scat back that can't catch. I like griffin, he looked good pre injury, but he doesn't need to take any carries away from jrob- none!!! Or shump either !

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 08:34 PM
Interesting thread. I've always thought that knowledgable fans usually know about good they are.

For example: Ole Miss is now a top 10 team, but I haven't seen much chatter from the knowledgeable Ole Miss people. Sure, they like the ranking, but they aren't bragging about their team. They know that they are probably a 17-25 type team and right now they are just play uh with house money.

Conversely, as an MSU fan I don't think we are playing at a top 10 level right now either, but I do think we are probably the 15th to 20th best team in the country.

LSU fans have seen a lot of great football teams in Tiger Stadium over the years and without realizing it, they've become fairly good evaluators of what elite teams look like. Deep down in places they won't admit, they know they are vunarable this year and not what they usually are.

I think this game comes down to the wire or MSU wins by double digit points. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get after them. Just seems right this time.

Harrydawg
09-14-2014, 08:34 PM
JRob reminds me very much of Gore, low profile and impossible to get under ther pads.....I really hope Griffin steps up!

BulldogBear
09-15-2014, 12:02 AM
They may beat us of course but I still couldn't help letting out a rather loud "Bwahahahahahah" when I read this one regarding the prediction by bherm1988:

"All of our TDs are rushing."

If all of their TDs are rushing we are not only going to win but will do so by beating the donkey sheit out of them.

DudyDawg
09-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Just turned to their game on ESPNU. It's 8:30 left in the second quarter and ulm just got their first first down...

Bully Dee Williams
09-15-2014, 12:15 AM
I hate SEC Rant and Tiger Droppings so much. They usually do nothing but make fun of us and the OM fans over there are extremely smug even by OM standards.

I think we have a great chance to win on Saturday. It has been so long since we have had a truly big upset.

Reason2succeed
09-15-2014, 02:02 AM
If we win on Saturday, and I think we do, I expect us to win going away. Remember that a Wisconsin team that HAD NO VERTICAL PASSING GAME AT ALL was whipping LSU in the first half. They woulda/shoulda won if they had kept running their stud RB.