PDA

View Full Version : Papelbon...

MsStateBaseball
09-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Well he was having a good year...got mad and grabbed his crotch, got tossed. He needs to find a new team now.

Todd4State
09-14-2014, 09:54 PM
I've done worse.

Ralph
09-14-2014, 10:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxinjJsIMAAurlT.jpg

Dawg61
09-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Hahaha Paps is NUTS!! Just went back and watched it and he "adjusts" his cup before he goes into the dugout after blowing a 4-1 lead in the 9th. Phillies suck and their fans suck worse. Papelbon has been about the only player worth a shit for them this year so fu@k their fans anyways. Hope he lands a better spot. Papelbon got seriously pissed when Joe West tossed him for the cup move. Dude is legit crazy and I love it.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 01:23 AM
Hahaha Paps is NUTS!! Just went back and watched it and he "adjusts" his cup before he goes into the dugout after blowing a 4-1 lead in the 9th. Phillies suck and their fans suck worse. Papelbon has been about the only player worth a shit for them this year so fu@k their fans anyways. Hope he lands a better spot. Papelbon got seriously pissed when Joe West tossed him for the cup move. Dude is legit crazy and I love it.

It was a classless move. You can still call yourself a paps fan and call it a classless move.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 07:16 AM
He wants out of Philly so bad... I hope they can find a way to move him.

Dawg61
09-15-2014, 07:39 AM
It was a classless move. You can still call yourself a paps fan and call it a classless move.

What do you call booing the closer with a sub 2 era and 35 saves on a shitty team that's already eliminated? Philly fans are the worst

RBritt
09-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Pap went all Kenny Effin Powers on them!

mparkerfd20
09-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Screw the Phillies fan. If you boo a player, you deserve any response they give you short of coming into the stands.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 05:31 PM
What do you call booing the closer with a sub 2 era and 35 saves on a shitty team that's already eliminated? Philly fans are the worst

A frustrated fanbase that's probably just pissed rueben amaro refused to deal the aging vets for young pieces to rebuild the farm system and being some youth to the roster when they actually had value. Instead he kept handing out big deals to guys on the wrong side of 30, and now the phillies are screwed for the foreseeable future with a shallow farm system and aging players eating up most of their payroll.

Guys that blow saves get booed regularly. Paps got booed in Boston and didn't pull this shit. Hell, I'd say Rivera might be the only closer that hasn't been booed. Just accept that you blew the game and walk off the field. No need to publicly act like white trash.

It's funny how many of y'all are quick to call for players to keep a level head and perfectly deal with shit a lot worse than this, but as soon as it's an msu guy, y'all are twisting around to justify it. There's no justification. Paps has been in the bigs closing games for a long time and he's been paid very well to do so. He knows that when he blows a game, he's the easy target even if there was bad luck or lackadaisical fielding or whatever, the brunt of the shit is gonna land on his head, fair or not. Gotta act like the veteran leader you're supposed to be, and he didn't. End of story.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 05:33 PM
Screw the Phillies fan. If you boo a player, you deserve any response they give you short of coming into the stands.

I wonder if you thought that when random player x flipped off the crowd or cussed out a fan or any number of other instances where everyone freaks out about a classless move by a player in response to crowds booing him or getting on his ass.

Tough Dawg
09-15-2014, 05:44 PM
I'd call it a classless/immature move as well. First thing I notice in the video are all the kids that are right above the dugout watching this. This from Papelbon doesn't surprise me. I'd hate for my son to be there watching that take place.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 05:45 PM
I wonder if you thought that when random player x flipped off the crowd or cussed out a fan or any number of other instances where everyone freaks out about a classless move by a player in response to crowds booing him or getting on his ass.

you mean like that player that was rumored to have said the "N" word to Ray? He deserved a suspension IMO.

Johnny Football shot guys the bird the other day. I don't think anything happened to him. Not sure it should've. I don't remember anyone saying he should be punished. They simply opined on their views of his character, which he and Paps have opened up for discussion through their actions. Personally I think the media is too harsh on Johnny Football. Is ridiculous. He's a human. A young one. Full of testosterone and living his dream... he's going to do young dumb stuff until he matures. Am I entitled to that opinion? If so, others should be entitled to theirs too.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 06:19 PM
you mean like that player that was rumored to have said the "N" word to Ray? He deserved a suspension IMO.

Johnny Football shot guys the bird the other day. I don't think anything happened to him. Not sure it should've. I don't remember anyone saying he should be punished. They simply opined on their views of his character, which he and Paps have opened up for discussion through their actions. Personally I think the media is too harsh on Johnny Football. Is ridiculous. He's a human. A young one. Full of testosterone and living his dream... he's going to do young dumb stuff until he matures. Am I entitled to that opinion? If so, others should be entitled to theirs too.

No one is saying paps should be suspended. At least as far as I know. I'm sure you can find someone somewhere advocating a suspension. I'm merely responding to those on here that aren't just defending him, but celebrating his actions.

As for manziel, he didn't flip off the crowd, he flipped off the other team. Slight difference. But also manziel was fined, I believe, and the media, fans, and coaches all agreed he needed to mature and act the part of a nfl QB. I don't remember anyone on here defending him and celebrating his actions.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 06:26 PM
No one is saying paps should be suspended. At least as far as I know. I'm sure you can find someone somewhere advocating a suspension. I'm merely responding to those on here that aren't just defending him, but celebrating his actions.

As for manziel, he didn't flip off the crowd, he flipped off the other team. Slight difference. But also manziel was fined, I believe, and the media, fans, and coaches all agreed he needed to mature and act the part of a nfl QB. I don't remember anyone on here defending him and celebrating his actions.

I took up for Santa when Philly booed him too.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 07:45 PM
I took up for Santa when Philly booed him too.

Santa didn't grab his crotch at the fans, many of which were kids.

Political Hack
09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Santa didn't grab his crotch at the fans, many of which were kids.

Parents shouldn't have their kids out that late on a school night booing at their own players.

Dawg61
09-15-2014, 08:42 PM

The rest of the world is shitting on Paps. He is our MSU brother so I will stand behind him and support him because nobody else is. I love Papelbon. He is a crazy bad ass. Good for him! Fu@k the Philly fans that have been AWFUL for half a century now. MSU blood gotta stick with MSU blood.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 10:20 PM
The rest of the world is shitting on Paps. He is our MSU brother so I will stand behind him and support him because nobody else is. I love Papelbon. He is a crazy bad ass. Good for him! Fu@k the Philly fans that have been AWFUL for half a century now. MSU blood gotta stick with MSU blood.

You can support someone and still not condone some of their actions.

dawgs
09-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Parents shouldn't have their kids out that late on a school night booing at their own players.

It was a day game on a Sunday.

BeardoMSU
09-15-2014, 10:26 PM

/slow clap

dawgs
09-15-2014, 11:28 PM
/slow clap

It was a day game on a Sunday.

mparkerfd20
09-16-2014, 12:54 AM
Parents should have their kids in church on Sunday and not at the ballpark booing their players.

dawgs
09-16-2014, 01:33 AM
Parents should have their kids in church on Sunday and not at the ballpark booing their players.

It was Sunday afternoon.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 06:49 AM
I was just kidding really. I take my kids to games all the time. RARELY if ever on a school night, but I have had them out pretty late for a lot of sporting events.

Dawg61
09-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Parents shouldn't let their kids cheer for horrible baseball teams**

AFDawg
09-16-2014, 08:11 AM
That Santa sucked. He deserved what he got.

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 08:21 AM
hahaha

Park duck
09-16-2014, 08:21 AM
I'd call it a classless/immature move as well. First thing I notice in the video are all the kids that are right above the dugout watching this. This from Papelbon doesn't surprise me. I'd hate for my son to be there watching that take place.

REALLY?????? Give me a break!

Political Hack
09-16-2014, 12:20 PM

Just passed the city of brotherly love. I didn't make any vulgar gestures as I passed, but I was listening to GLove.

dawgs
09-16-2014, 12:31 PM

Just passed the city of brotherly love. I didn't make any vulgar gestures as I passed, but I was listening to GLove.

Listening to g. love is more offensive than grabbing your crotch.