PDA

View Full Version : 8-5 + 3 scrubs = Hello, Top 10 ranking?

PassInterference
09-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Ole Miss ranked #10 by the AP? What is this shit!?

They crooted their way up into media hype with the 2013 signing class, went 8-5 in 2013, opened 2014 with a #18 ranking, beat 3 scrubs, and are now #10? Seems legit.**

That Hugh Kellenberger homer is putting out more hype than the Ole Miss SID. Bo Wallace is about to exceed Eli Manning's passing records. So Bo is a better QB? Well, that's a fair question. Both are interception machines.

Its been said here that this is Ole Miss's best team in modern history. Here's to seeing if they can finish better than last year's mediocre team.

I doubt it. Ole Miss's OL sucks. ULL dinged up Bo during the game. Vandy put some pressure on him and so did Boise State. Ole Miss is leading the SEC in giving up tackles for a loss.

They get an off week this week where hopefully they look past Memphis to prepare for Alabama the week after that. Memphis will be the best team they've played to date. Memphis will hit Bo more than Boise, Vandy, or ULL. Hell, Memphis might win that game - just ask UCLA.

I've got Ole Miss at 2 SEC wins, which would be less than last year. For the best Ole Miss team (almost) EVAR!

#10, my ass.

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 06:35 PM
further to fall...

Dawgface
09-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Their recruiting rankings is getting it done for them. All the hype. We will see come bama time.

DudyDawg
09-14-2014, 06:46 PM
further to fall...

Tall trees and such

Intramural All-American
09-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Why does it matter? Some of you are absolutely freaking out over an arbitrary number during the 3rd week of the season. No one is going to remember what a team was ranked in week 3. If they are ranked that high at the end of the season, then they deserve it. The rankings mean jack crap right now, though. It just makes us look bad to be complaining about Ole Miss' ranking.

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2014, 07:01 PM
They believe.

662dawg
09-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Why does it matter? Some of you are absolutely freaking out over an arbitrary number during the 3rd week of the season. No one is going to remember what a team was ranked in week 3. If they are ranked that high at the end of the season, then they deserve it. The rankings mean jack crap right now, though. It just makes us look bad to be complaining about Ole Miss' ranking.

I can promise you that they will remember & we will be hearing about it for years to come. Lol.

defiantdog
09-14-2014, 07:31 PM
If we beat LSU this weekend, we'll all forget about OM's ranking.... well, most of us

LiterallyPolice
09-14-2014, 07:47 PM

THIS.

It's ridiculous, and I'm not just saying that because we are both proud Everton supporters.

Vancleave
09-14-2014, 07:51 PM
They are a 6-7win Team at best. This couldn't set up better for the fall that WILL come. They lose to the following;
1. Bama
2. aTm
3. Aubarn
4. LSU
5. Arky (TSUN's run defense is pitiful)
6. Us. Once the losses pile up they will be mentally fragile and pack it in)

Reason2succeed
09-14-2014, 07:58 PM
I can promise you that they will remember & we will be hearing about it for years to come. Lol.

^THIS^ +1

Ole Miss will use this ranking in their case for historical "superiority" regardless of how far and how hard they fall. But I agree they will fall hard.

Bucky Dog
09-14-2014, 07:59 PM
If we beat LSU this weekend, we'll all forget about OM's ranking.... well, most of us

A friend brought this up earlier. When we beat LSU we will probably jump in the polls to about 17 or 18 and OM will move to 8 or 9 and who will they have beaten?

Intramural All-American
09-14-2014, 08:01 PM
THIS.

It's ridiculous, and I'm not just saying that because we are both proud Everton supporters.

+1. Big win yesterday, as well.

Homedawg
09-14-2014, 08:07 PM
They are a 6-7win Team at best. This couldn't set up better for the fall that WILL come. They lose to the following;
1. Bama
2. aTm
3. Aubarn
4. LSU
5. Arky (TSUN's run defense is pitiful)
6. Us. Once the losses pile up they will be mentally fragile and pack it in)

I disagree w the 6-7 win part. Especially at best. I think they are an 8 win team. Bad luck end up w 7, good luck end up w 9. Very similar to us in that regard, y'all can blast me all you want. They have some issues but they aren't bad. We have too many people on this board w anti reb blinders on. And trust me, I can't stand em. But be realistic.

hells bells
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Ole Miss ranked #10 by the AP? What is this shit!?

They crooted their way up into media hype with the 2013 signing class, went 8-5 in 2013, opened 2014 with a #18 ranking, beat 3 scrubs, and are now #10? Seems legit.**

That Hugh Kellenberger homer is putting out more hype than the Ole Miss SID. Bo Wallace is about to exceed Eli Manning's passing records. So Bo is a better QB? Well, that's a fair question. Both are interception machines.

Its been said here that this is Ole Miss's best team in modern history. Here's to seeing if they can finish better than last year's mediocre team.

I doubt it. Ole Miss's OL sucks. ULL dinged up Bo during the game. Vandy put some pressure on him and so did Boise State. Ole Miss is leading the SEC in giving up tackles for a loss.

They get an off week this week where hopefully they look past Memphis to prepare for Alabama the week after that. Memphis will be the best team they've played to date. Memphis will hit Bo more than Boise, Vandy, or ULL. Hell, Memphis might win that game - just ask UCLA.

I've got Ole Miss at 2 SEC wins, which would be less than last year. For the best Ole Miss team (almost) EVAR!

#10, my ass.

Please get a life and a script of Xanax.

Schultzy
09-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Their win over lsu last yr has given them credibility with the voters, beating a power program like that sways opinions like that.

We have to find a way to get over the lsu/bama hump to be taken seriously.

MaroonMike
09-14-2014, 08:52 PM
I don't give a rats ass what the Rebs are ranked. They like us are the in the SEC West and will have to prove it on the field - Bama, Auburn, TAMU, LSU, Hogs. Our first test is this week, theirs is Oct 4th.

RattStevens
09-14-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't give a rats ass what the Rebs are ranked. They like us are the in the SEC West and will have to prove it on the field - Bama, Auburn, TAMU, LSU, Hogs. Our first test is this week, theirs is Oct 4th.

#RattsAss - full of awesome.

FlabLoser
09-14-2014, 09:08 PM
In 2012, we had to get to 7-0 to be ranked 13th.

They are still riding high on crootin hype.

engie
09-14-2014, 09:08 PM
These threads are ridiculous.

Intramural All-American
09-14-2014, 09:10 PM
In 2012, we had to get to 7-0 to be ranked 13th.

We also hadn't beaten anyone with a pulse. We beat the #8 team in the nation, in Death Valley, at night, on ESPN, we will be top 15 at worst.

ETA: SC jumped 10 spots in the polls after beating Georgia, and they have a loss already.

Nicky Santoro
09-14-2014, 09:52 PM
There's a lot of little brother in this thread.....

BeardoMSU
09-14-2014, 10:02 PM
There's a lot of little brother in this thread.....

This^^^^^^

Coackjek
09-14-2014, 10:06 PM
They believe.

+1 exactly what I was thinking

Bass Chaser
09-14-2014, 10:08 PM
The ONLY rankings that matter come out October 28th.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 10:12 PM
I disagree w the 6-7 win part. Especially at best. I think they are an 8 win team. Bad luck end up w 7, good luck end up w 9. Very similar to us in that regard, y'all can blast me all you want. They have some issues but they aren't bad. We have too many people on this board w anti reb blinders on. And trust me, I can't stand em. But be realistic.

I am being realistic. Who are they going to beat if they can't stop the run and can't run the ball? They have a fatal flaw that hasn't been exposed because they have played soft, poor teams.

You think they will win at Ark when they can't stop the run? Ask Texas Tech how that turned out
Bama?
Auburn?
@ Texas A&M?

Them and Tennessee will be a good game, but Tenn is getting better by the day.
By the time they play us, who knows what condition us or them will be in.

I think they win 7

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Is it conceivable that the weekend they host Bama and have Gameday on campus that the two teams playing in Starkville, MSU & TAMu, will be a game of better teams than those playing in Oxford? TAMU> BAMA & MSU > Ole Miss

Bear@Work
09-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Shotgun, you are making us all look bad and need to take some deep breaths and back away from the keyboard if it affects you this much. I've been there so I know how it can get but man...let it play out.

Remember last year how Auburn couldn't pass and couldn't stop the pass to save their lives and people said they were to one dimentional and would get exposed? They ended up in the national championship game and could've won it all.

They were ranked 109th in passing offense at 167 yards per game and also ranked 109th in giving up the pass at 272 yards per game! That's one hell of a fatal flaw that will prove fatal.

Let it play out. As others have mentioned, it's too early to tell much of anything. Just as we have, theyve done about as good as you can do in the early running. The real tests begin this week and they're lucky that they have 3 more weeks until they play a real game and get exposed. We'll all know soon enough. If we take care of our business, it wont matter. The more we show it gets under our skin the more they'll flaunt stuff like this.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Shotgun, you are making us all look bad and need to take some deep breaths and back away from the keyboard if it affects you this much. I've been there so I know how it can get but man...let it play out.

Remember last year how Auburn couldn't pass and couldn't stop the pass to save their lives and people said they were to one dimentional and would get exposed? They ended up in the national championship game and could've won it all.

They were ranked 109th in passing offense at 167 yards per game and also ranked 109th in giving up the pass at 272 yards per game! That's one hell of a fatal flaw that will prove fatal.

Let it play out. As others have mentioned, it's too early to tell much of anything. Just as we have, theyve done about as good as you can do in the early running. The real tests begin this week and they're lucky that they have 3 more weeks until they play a real game and get exposed. We'll all know soon enough. If we take care of our business, it wont matter. The more we show it gets under our skin the more they'll flaunt stuff like this.

I'm offended that you are offended by this. Not sure why my feelings about it embarrass you. Your entitled to your own thoughts, as am I.

OurState
09-15-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm offended that you are offended by this. Not sure why my feelings about it embarrass you. Your entitled to your own thoughts, as am I.

The little brother is strong in you...

NashDawgMan
09-15-2014, 07:54 AM
These threads are ridiculous.

+1

1bigdawg
09-15-2014, 09:08 AM
Their win over lsu last yr has given them credibility with the voters, beating a power program like that sways opinions like that.

This ^^^^^^^^