PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Jaguar Pelt Edition

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Gents, the Jaguar Pelt Edition of ACQB is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2014/9/14/6146565/wmd-armchair-qb-jaguar-pelt-edition-mississippi-state-south-alabama-dak-prescott). You know the drill. Fire in the hole!

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Cue the WMD vs Hack argument in 3.....2.....1.....

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 02:53 PM
Cue the WMD vs Hack argument in 3.....2.....1.....

Haha, I'm not getting suckered into that today. I've had my say and I'm done. When it comes to Redmond and Hack, it's a "consider the source" situation so far as I'm concerned.

thf24
09-14-2014, 07:38 PM
I think I'm off the Shump train after this week. Still limited sample size, I know, but he hasn't even shown flashes that he can be a good every down back. Not quick or fast enough (you've got to have at least one), and he hasn't shown he has much vision at all. The latter can improve with experience, but not the former. He'll be valuable in special teams, short yardage, and the few formations where we use a fullback, but I'm now looking to Williams as our next great feature back.

TXDawg
09-14-2014, 07:45 PM
On #7, Wells did come back in the game. I was looking for him and was VERY relieved to see him back in the game.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm with the crowd saying Shumpert needs to be a safety. He loves contact and that is something we lack in our secondary who somebody who can lay the wood. Shumpert would be perfect at SS

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 07:51 PM
I now consider you the new Jermiah Short. Congrats. You're clueless.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 07:53 PM

Really don't give a f*ck what you consider. If you think Shumpert is a running back then you don't know shit about football and you just think you do. He has absolutely zero vision he just gets the ball and looks for somebody to hit

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Really don't give a f*ck what you consider. If you think Shumpert is a running back then you don't know shit about football and you just think you do. He has absolutely zero vision he just gets the ball and looks for somebody to hit

was talking to WMD, but welcome to the party. carry on.

Bo Darville
09-14-2014, 07:57 PM
I guess my mind is going blank. Who is Coleman on defense?

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 07:57 PM

No.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 07:59 PM

Haha my thoughts exactly.

People jumping ship on Ashton in the backfield already, need to take a step back. He's a FB at worst. Will never play defense, nor should he.

engie
09-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Tolando Cleveland is a lot better at corner than he's getting credit for right now IMO...

Bo Darville
09-14-2014, 08:01 PM
I guess my mind is going blank. Who is Coleman on defense?

Maybe you meant Coman?

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM

haha, thats funnny. My bad Hack

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 08:03 PM

People jumping ship on Ashton in the backfield already, need to take a step back. He's a FB at worst. Will never play defense, nor should he.

I'm fine with him being a FB. He's just not a RB

BeastMan
09-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Tolando Cleveland is a lot better at corner than he's getting credit for right now IMO...

Said the same thing yesterday

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
On #7, Wells did come back in the game. I was looking for him and was VERY relieved to see him back in the game.

Good news. Need him full speed for LSU. /Captain Obvious

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 08:15 PM

Agree, he's looked decent. Think he'll be really good before he leaves.

DudyDawg
09-14-2014, 08:31 PM

No it's pretty clear thru his 8 carries. Oh and what he did as a true freshman. He's already a true sophomore it's about time he averages 8 YPC on all these chances!!! Everyone needs to chill.... Shump is a power back who can block and spell our other guys and provide a punch on the goal line.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 09:03 PM

http://i.imgur.com/lBFbCKr.gif

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 09:04 PM
No it's pretty clear thru his 8 carries. Oh and what he did as a true freshman. He's already a true sophomore it's about time he averages 8 YPC on all these chances!!! Everyone needs to chill.... Shump is a power back who can block and spell our other guys and provide a punch on the goal line.

In other words, he's a fullback. Thanks for agreeing with the rest of the class.

sandwolf
09-14-2014, 10:01 PM
FYI, on #5 under offense, Robinson had a 39 yard reception, but I don't think that it went for a TD.

War Machine Dawg
09-14-2014, 10:07 PM
FYI, on #5 under offense, Robinson had a 39 yard reception, but I don't think that it went for a TD.

You're correct, he had 2 rushing TDs. For some reason I remembered him scoring on that play. Oh well.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 09:20 AM
Monday morning bump

DudyDawg
09-15-2014, 09:52 AM
In other words, he's a fullback. Thanks for agreeing with the rest of the class.

Not sure why you tried to make me sound foolish. A lot of people are saying move him. I'm saying don't. I think he can be very effective for us in the backfield playing the same kind of role Boobie Dixon does in the nfl. Some short yardage runs, fullback lead blocking and catching out of the backfield, special teams, and spelling the other running backs. That's directed at the portion of the class that wants him playing on defense.

RougeDawg
09-15-2014, 09:54 AM
You're correct, he had 2 rushing TDs. For some reason I remembered him scoring on that play. Oh well.

Could have been the beverage of choice that caused the lapse. I onow I ha a few during game but not sure if it was the beer, heat, or combo of the two.

Saw a comment about Bear's two penalties. I didn't see the first but was looking directly at him on the 2nd. Looked like he and CB kinda ran into each other before Bear's break and because the DB was much smaller he bounced about 5 yards off and it looked like a push off, when it really wasn't the little guy went flying wen they collided and bear kept his ground and caught the ball. Against bigger db's it would have been a no call.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Not sure why you tried to make me sound foolish. A lot of people are saying move him. I'm saying don't. I think he can be very effective for us in the backfield playing the same kind of role Boobie Dixon does in the nfl. Some short yardage runs, fullback lead blocking and catching out of the backfield, special teams, and spelling the other running backs. That's directed at the portion of the class that wants him playing on defense.

I agree moving him to D would be a little bit crazy. He could be our version of Jay Prosch if Mullen would go back to using a FB. Unfortunately, that's not how Mullen rolls. We us multiple TEs for that role.

engie
09-15-2014, 10:00 AM
It's pretty obvious the refs all have a scouting report on Bear this year and are looking closely every time the ball comes his way. He's not getting away with anything like he did last year.

thf24
09-15-2014, 10:10 AM
It's pretty obvious the refs all have a scouting report on Bear this year and are looking closely every time the ball comes his way. He's not getting away with anything like he did last year.

I wonder if they'll start looking that closely at Treadwell at any point? Doesn't seem to be the case thus far.

War Machine Dawg
09-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Could have been the beverage of choice that caused the lapse. I onow I ha a few during game but not sure if it was the beer, heat, or combo of the two.

Saw a comment about Bear's two penalties. I didn't see the first but was looking directly at him on the 2nd. Looked like he and CB kinda ran into each other before Bear's break and because the DB was much smaller he bounced about 5 yards off and it looked like a push off, when it really wasn't the little guy went flying wen they collided and bear kept his ground and caught the ball. Against bigger db's it would have been a no call.

Bear's 2nd penalty was definitely a case of getting a flag because he's bigger and it "looked bad." If the refs are gonna be watching him like a hawk, we can forget him being an impact WR. You can't force a physical 6'5" WR to play like a finesse 5'10" WR and expect him to make plays. Just doesn't work that way. Bear is still learning how to use his size, but the refs have to actually let him use it. He's gotten better at it, though. Bringing in Gonzo was a HUGE upgrade for our staff that hasn't really been talked about much.

maroonmania
09-15-2014, 03:24 PM

The penalty against UAB was well deserved. You can't grab a DB a fling him to the side. I never really saw what happened on the flag he got against South Alabama.