12-13 PAT

90% Red Zone Scoring (9/10)
70% Red Zone TD (7/10)

38.3 PPG
66 First downs: 37 Rushing, 25 Passing, 4 Penalty

How do you plan your defense?

IMissJack
09-14-2014, 01:38 PM
I'd look at the WI game and throw the other 2 out.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 01:46 PM
The exact same way I've done the last 3 weeks in terms of focusing on the run....xcept keep the 1st string in together more. And of course, I would tell the DB's to keep everything in front of them, and force Jennings to complete some real passes, not just "throw it deep and hope the WR's are better than the DB's". Make him work his way down the field through the air to beat us. And if he's able to...tip of the cap.

Todd4State
09-14-2014, 02:10 PM
I think we have to focus on stopping the run. Early in the game, I would play some safer coverages just in case but if LSU has trouble passing, I would start to play some more risky coverages- like cover 1. If they are hitting passes like they were last year, we're going to have to help our corners.

I do anticipate LSU trying to throw it deep on us some.

smootness
09-14-2014, 06:46 PM
I focus on the run and don't hesitate to blitz when I want to. Pressure Jennings, and he'll give it back to us. This is a game where our DL could shine and turn some heads.

msstate7
09-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I focus on the run and don't hesitate to blitz when I want to. Pressure Jennings, and he'll give it back to us. This is a game where our DL could shine and turn some heads.

Yep. Load up box and stop run. Get em in obvious pass downs and bring the pain.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 07:01 PM

Exactly. Unfortunately I live in Baton Rouge and all of my friends here are LSU fans obviously so I've watched every game they have played so far. Pressure and field goal kicking will determine if we win or lose. If you pressure Jennings he is not very good. He's not that elusive and if he gets in a hurry he tends to let the ball sail. Their defense is pretty stout especially their LB's and secondary but we should be able to run on the inside. Their redzone defense is pretty nasty so If we can't make field goals we have no chance in this game. I hope Sobiesk is ready