PDA

View Full Version : #27 in Coaches Poll

BrunswickDawg
09-14-2014, 12:10 PM
We hit #27. OM up to #12

DownwardDawg
09-14-2014, 12:16 PM
We hit #27. OM up to #12

That's some funny shit. The polls should be embarrassed at that. When Bama rushes for 300 yards against them, the pollsters will look silly.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 12:19 PM
We have to be the most overly criticized team in college football. The coaches should be embarrassed by this. We are 3-0 and have virtually the same amount of points scored and given up as OM, yet they soar in the rankings and we just inch out way up between 30 & 25. Embarrassing.

PMDawg
09-14-2014, 12:26 PM
But we developed more depth. We dont care about rankings and hype. Nobody remembers that we looked like shit against UAB, they just see 3-0********

shoeless joe
09-14-2014, 12:27 PM
The SEC west will weed out the pretenders. No need to be concerned now. Let's just hope we won't get weeded.

msstate7
09-14-2014, 12:29 PM
The SEC west will weed out the pretenders. No need to be concerned now. Let's just hope we won't get weeded.

Exactly. My concern is us playing up to our potential sat night not the NR by our name

TUSK
09-14-2014, 12:55 PM
UCLA at #10 is a freakin' crime... they are really, really, not very good... they might go 0-7 against the SECW...

BeardoMSU
09-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Ya'll worrying about OM's ranking need to take a look at their schedule. They have Bama at home, at A&m, TN at home, at LSU, Aub at home, at Arky, and MSU at home. That top 15 ranking is going to disappear in a few weeks. Worry not, my young padawans.

TrapGame
09-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Ya'll worrying about OM's ranking need to take a look at their schedule. They have Bama at home, at A&m, TN at home, at LSU, Aub at home, at Arky, and MSU at home. That top 15 ranking is going to disappear in a few weeks. Worry not, my young padawans.

Yep, once they enter the meat of their schedule they'll drop faster than a virgin's panties on prom night.

TheRef
09-14-2014, 01:17 PM
AP Poll just released:

#1: Florida State
#2: Oregon
#3: Alabama
#4: Oklahoma
#5: Auburn
#6: Texas A&M
#7: Baylor
#8: LSU
#9: Notre Dame
#10: TSUN (El oh el)
#11: Michigan State
#12: UCLA
#13: Georgia
#14: South Carolina
#15: Arizona State
#16: Stanford
#17: USC
#18: Mizzou
#19: Wisconsin
#20: Kansas State
#21: BYU
#22: Clemson
#23: Ohio State
#24: Nebraska
#25: Oklahoma State

Others receiving votes: North Carolina 82, Duke 55, Mississippi State 55, Virginia Tech 54, Penn State 51

Bully Dee Williams
09-14-2014, 01:23 PM
In 2012, we feasted on cupcakes and shot up the rankings. We all know how that worked out.

Fact is OM has serious holes that will be blown up by real teams.

In the words of Led Zep, "all will be revealed."

MaxedOutMaroon
09-14-2014, 01:24 PM
Honestly, I don't give a single care about this. If we deserve to be rank, we will win this week. And if OM deserves not to be top 15, their true colors will show soon

MSUDawg4Life
09-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Ranked 10th in the country and have four teams in your division ranked higher than you. That's just sick.

I know they won't be ranked that high very long, but I'm just saying. This neighborhood is ridiculously tough.

defiantdog
09-14-2014, 01:30 PM
AP Poll just released:

Others receiving votes: North Carolina 82, Duke 55, Mississippi State 55, Virginia Tech 54, Penn State 51

OM will probably move to 9th when they beat power house Memphis next week

DownwardDawg
09-14-2014, 01:35 PM
OM will probably move to 9th when they beat power house Memphis next week

They're off this week. Someone will lose and they'll move up to 9th or maybe even 8th. They'll pound Memphis and move up to 6th or 7th. Then, they play Bama............

BeastMan
09-14-2014, 01:44 PM

I tend to agree with this but it's not because OM is a bad football team. They're not. The SEC games are just brutal and 2 games that were initially thought to be easy, vs UT and @Arky, now look a lot more tough.

It's also interesting the difference in the 2 fanbases are far as the reactions to polls. MSU fans aren't overly worried about not being ranked b/c at the end of the day it doesn't matter. OM fans take their ranking much more literal in the sense that if they're 12th, that means they are absolutely loaded and are at the upper tier of the SEC. One mindset sets up for disappointment and one doesn't. I really think OM will be top 10 when they play Bama. If Bama were able to beat them soundly in Oxford (which I'm not predicting), a lot of their fans would be absolutely blindsided.

fishwater99
09-14-2014, 01:52 PM
In 2012, we feasted on cupcakes and shot up the rankings. We all know how that worked out.

Fact is OM has serious holes that will be blown up by real teams.

In the words of Led Zep, "all will be revealed."

The Bears are all hype and it will be great to watch them tumble out of the Top 25.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Bears won't be ranked in top 25 a month from today. They simply don't match up with SEC West teams.

MarketingBully01
09-14-2014, 02:05 PM
AP Poll just released:

Ole Miss is this year's 2012 MSU. Book it...

MarketingBully01
09-14-2014, 02:06 PM
I love LSU at #8. Hey wait a second, wasn't Ohio State #8 when they played Va Tech....perfect position. :)

Dawgface
09-14-2014, 02:13 PM
They're off this week. Someone will lose and they'll move up to 9th or maybe even 8th. They'll pound Memphis and move up to 6th or 7th. Then, they play Bama............
Pretty good chance of that. They will be discussing how they will be in the mix for a playoff spot if they beat Bama. Lots of bs to endure from our bear friends until they play bama. Of course if we get by LSU, we will have plenty to give back. ;)

MarketingBully01
09-14-2014, 02:15 PM
If we get by LSU, sky is the limit for this season.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 02:28 PM
I tend to agree with this but it's not because OM is a bad football team. They're not. The SEC games are just brutal and 2 games that were initially thought to be easy, vs UT and @Arky, now look a lot more tough.

It's also interesting the difference in the 2 fanbases are far as the reactions to polls. MSU fans aren't overly worried about not being ranked b/c at the end of the day it doesn't matter. OM fans take their ranking much more literal in the sense that if they're 12th, that means they are absolutely loaded and are at the upper tier of the SEC. One mindset sets up for disappointment and one doesn't. I really think OM will be top 10 when they play Bama. If Bama were able to beat them soundly in Oxford (which I'm not predicting), a lot of their fans would be absolutely blindsided.

Beast, they aren't a bad team, but they can't run the ball or stop the run. That is the sign of below avg team unless you have a 1st round type QB, which Bo obviously is not.

They are putting a lot of window dressing right now. The important stats tell a very very different story.

MSUDawg4Life
09-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Beast, they aren't a bad team, but they can't run the ball or stop the run. That is the sign of below avg team unless you have a 1st round type QB, which Bo obviously is not.

They are putting a lot of window dressing right now. The important stats tell a very very different story.

True. They are a good team, but good is not enough when you can't control the running game on either side of the ball in a league based on the running game.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 02:40 PM
True. They are a good team, but good is not enough when you can't control the running game on either side of the ball in a league based on the running game.

This

Every team has flaws and we do as well, but not being able to control the running game on either side of the ball is a critical flaw that negates you from being able to beat decent teams.

Our flaw is getting beat deep, but we can run and stop the run. Getting beat deep isn't a good flaw, but throwing deep is a low percentage play for the best teams. We can stay in games with that flaw just because the other team can't complete the pass enough.

If you can't stop the run, Bama, Auburn, Ark, LSU, and MSU will literally do nothing else but run the ball and making a handoff is a very high percentage play. It's a critical flaw. It's why every NFL d coordinator starts with stopping the run.

Some flaws are more destructive than other.