PDA

View Full Version : MSU Statistical Leaderboard update, week 3 - Dak Attack edition

Quaoarsking
09-14-2014, 09:36 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mississippi_State_Bulldogs_football_statistical_le aders

Dak now has 2,890 career passing yards. He passed Todd Jordan and Bruce Threadgill to move to 14th alltime. He's only 240 yards away from entering our top 10 alltime.

Dak now has 23 career passing touchdowns, moving him to a tie for 9th with Rockey Felker. He has 9 passing TDs on the year, only 2 away from entering the single-season top 10.

Dak now has 19 career rushing touchdowns, 1 away from tying Walter Packer and Michael Haddix for 9th.

Dak now has 4,050 yards of total offense (passing + rushing) and passed Anthony Dixon for 10th alltime on that list. He his 42 career total touchdowns are tied for 3rd (!) in school history with John Bond and Anthony Dixon. He trails Don Smith (52) and Tyler Russell (45).

Also, Dak's 19 rushing TDs and 3 receiving TDs give him 22 touchdowns from scrimmage, tied for 9th alltime with Michael Haddix and Dontae Walker. He'll need only 2 more to move to a tie for 6th and 3 more to a tie for 4th. From the best I can tell, Dak is the only QB in school history to have a receiving touchdown (at least out of the ones who've thrown at least 5 TD passes), much less 3.

It was a mostly quiet day otherwise. Jameon Lewis is now tied for 10th with Arceto Clark with 91 total receptions.

Malcolm Johnson now has 9 career TD receptions, 1 away from tying for 8th with Harper Davis, Danny Knight, Marcus Green, and LaDarius Perkins. Jameon Lewis and De'Runnya Wilson didn't add to their career total of 6 receiving TDs.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 10:53 AM
Bump.

I don't think we realize how impressive Dak's numbers are. He is passing guys like Anthony Dixon on these lists, and he is only 3 games in to his JUNIOR year. If/when he returns for his Senior year, he will destroy many of these records.

MarketingBully01
09-14-2014, 10:57 AM
He will beat Tyler Russell's single season passing TD record by a lot. Isn't Russell's record 24? I think Dak gets 30+ this year.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2014, 11:28 AM
I don't think we realize how impressive Dak's numbers are. He is passing guys like Anthony Dixon on these lists, and he is only 3 games in to his JUNIOR year. If/when he returns for his Senior year, he will destroy many of these records.

Yeah, if Dak starts every game in 2014 and 2015, he should end up as our career and single-season leader passing yards, passing TDs, total yards, total TDs, and he'll be pretty high on the rushing lists too.

He will beat Tyler Russell's single season passing TD record by a lot. Isn't Russell's record 24? I think Dak gets 30+ this year.

Yep. All Dak would have to do to have 24 passing touchdowns this year is to average 2 TDs in home games and 1 TD in road games from here on out. I agree that he gets 30 or more.

Dawg496
09-14-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm looking for 4,000 yards and 40 TDs total.