PDA

View Full Version : RB rotation

RossDawg82
09-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Anyone know why JRob was the third in the RB rotation to start the game yesterday? Griffin got the start, Shumpert came in on the next drive, and then Jrob came in. Also worth noting is that we were stalled on the first 2 drives

WeWillScrewItUp
09-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Yeah the first 2 drives stalled but the first one wasn't on Griffin. First play he picked up 7 and then we threw it the next 2 plays. I am curious as to why our starter didn't get the start though. I believe JRob should get the bulk of the carries followed by Griffin and give Shump a few. I would love to see some 2 back sets with JRob and Griffin flanking Dak.

Bully041184
09-14-2014, 10:39 AM
I've gotta think we haven't shown much at all of what we'll see against LSU. Of course we'll see a ton of Dak making his own plays but I do think things like the 2 back sets or the diamond will surface this coming weekend.

Dallas_Dawg
09-14-2014, 11:14 AM
He was actually the 4th RB to play a snap. Holloway went in 2nd behind Griffin and then Shumpert after him at 3rd.
Surely JRob will get the start next week and we see him early and often.

DownwardDawg
09-14-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm still a little puzzled about what Mullen is doing. Maybe he's trying to keep LSU guessing? Hell I don't know. Hopefully it'll all pay off with a W in Baton Rouge next saturday.

RougeDawg
09-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Was JRob suspended for something?

MafiaDawg
09-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Our backup running backs suck. Slow, can't break tackles, etc.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 01:16 PM
If I had to guess, JRob missed a block in practice or something and the others had better practices last week.

I understand rewarding players that work hard, but it's unfair to the team if you play a lesser player just because he had a better week of practice. Not saying I know that's what the reason was...but Mullen has said this before. One of the frustrating things about Mullen.

I'm very happy overall with Dan....but what is frustrating is that as State fans and as the MSU program, we already have a built in disadvantage in our league and division due to size and history. So please let's not make things harder on ourselves by doing cute things all the time. I just want us to get out there and handle business. Don't understand why we have to be so different in the way we go about it at times.

Mini rant. Ha

DudyDawg
09-14-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm still a little puzzled about what Mullen is doing. Maybe he's trying to keep LSU guessing? Hell I don't know. Hopefully it'll all pay off with a W in Baton Rouge next saturday.

I think he is trying not to give them anything on film he doesn't have to. I did notice 5 or so times we ran a two back set, which makes me think we were getting game work for it and will see a lot more multi back sets

preachermatt83
09-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Yeah the first 2 drives stalled but the first one wasn't on Griffin. First play he picked up 7 and then we threw it the next 2 plays. I am curious as to why our starter didn't get the start though. I believe JRob should get the bulk of the carries followed by Griffin and give Shump a few. I would love to see some 2 back sets with JRob and Griffin flanking Dak.

Give this man an award.. He freaking gets it!

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Diamond formation with JRob, Griff, and Shumpert is what I'm still hoping for. We'll see

DownwardDawg
09-14-2014, 01:27 PM
Diamond formation with JRob, Griff, and Shumpert is what I'm still hoping for. We'll see

Me too.

DanDority
09-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Pleas quite running Holloway. If we use him we need to use him like lus used Trindon Holliday.

TheRef
09-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Pleas quite running Holloway. If we use him we need to use him like lus used Trindon Holliday.

Was that English? Are you still drunk?