PDA

View Full Version : Come Monday, will we crack the Top 25?

MetEdDawg
09-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Va Tech and Louisville both lose. They should both fall out. USC lost to BC. Will they fall out from #9? Not sure how the voters will view UF after needed 3 OT to beat UK. They were receiving more votes than us in both polls and had the chance to move in with a good performance.

I think it's possible we crack the Top 25 in the Coaches Poll but very unlikely in the AP because of how far back we were in the others receiving votes. Crazy to think that 6 out of the 7 SEC West teams could be ranked tomorrow and that 5 of them would be in the Top 15.

smootness
09-14-2014, 06:03 AM
USC won't fall out, not after beating Stanford last week. They didn't get destroyed this week. I do think we may jump Florida in the pecking order, but I doubt we get in. You usually don't jump several other teams unless they lose or you win a big game. Just the way it works.

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 08:20 AM
I don't know that VaTech falls all the way out. This is done by the coaches... Urban isn't going to be voting them out of the top 25 any time soon. Neither will the other BigTen coaches. It still may not be enough to keep them in, but I think it'll be close.

I think we land between 26-28.

JScottDova
09-14-2014, 08:27 AM
I'm going to say squeaking in at #25. 3 wins in decisive fashion while the others continue to get picked off. Someone said earlier in the week that Ole Miss moves up by attrition. That's what happens this week for everybody. At this point in the year, it matters less WHO you beat, only that you don't lose while the ones above you drop like flies.

NashDawgMan
09-14-2014, 08:46 AM
I think we could definitely get 25.

I know it doesn't really matter but it sure as hell makes it easier to find scores and articles if you're top 25

NashDawgMan
09-14-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm going to say squeaking in at #25. 3 wins in decisive fashion while the others continue to get picked off. Someone said earlier in the week that Ole Miss moves up by attrition. That's what happens this week for everybody. At this point in the year, it matters less WHO you beat, only that you don't lose while the ones above you drop like flies.

Agreed...I bet OM moves to 12

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 08:51 AM
It seems as though it's much harder to get in the Top 25 than it is to move up once your in it. Ole Miss has no business sniffing #12. My guess is that Ole Miss is completely out of the Top 25 in a month from today.

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 09:09 AM
It seems as though it's much harder to get in the Top 25 than it is to move up once your in it. Ole Miss has no business sniffing #12. My guess is that Ole Miss is completely out of the Top 25 in a month from today.

they may not be #12, but they're pretty solid right now. Capt. Bubble Screen is playing lights out. I honestly didn't think he had it in him.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 09:14 AM
they may not be #12, but they're pretty solid right now. Capt. Bubble Screen is playing lights out. I honestly didn't think he had it in him.
Yeah and against some serious stifling defenses. ** Wallace for heisman

RC3
09-14-2014, 09:29 AM
Sds projects us in
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/projecting-ap-top-25-georgia-tumbles/

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Yeah and against some serious stifling defenses. ** Wallace for heisman

70+ completion percentage is impressive against any defense, much less after 1/4 of the season is over.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2014, 09:36 AM
I predict we are 26th in Coaches and 28th in AP.

Dawgfan77
09-14-2014, 09:41 AM

The reason he is playing well is: A the stopped trying to throw deep. B went back to bubble screens. C they played vandy and ULL. He has 9 TD's to 4 ints through three games and has played 90% of the games. Dak has 9 TD's 2 ints 2 rushing TD's and a rec TD in basically 7.5 quarters.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2014, 09:42 AM
I would rather go into LSU unranked.

RC3
09-14-2014, 09:44 AM
I would rather go into LSU unranked.

Me too. The fanbase their expects to win every year anyway. The team likely doesn't think we are any good either.

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 09:51 AM
The reason he is playing well is: A the stopped trying to throw deep. B went back to bubble screens. C they played vandy and ULL. He has 9 TD's to 4 ints through three games and has played 90% of the games. Dak has 9 TD's 2 ints 2 rushing TD's and a rec TD in basically 7.5 quarters.

Dak > Bo. no doubt about that, but he's playing better than I expected after that awful 1st half to start the season. like you suggested though, we'll find out when they start playing SEC defenses.

GreenheadDawg
09-14-2014, 09:52 AM
70+ completion percentage is impressive against any defense, much less after 1/4 of the season is over.

I'm just being a smartass. I agree, he has done better than I was expecting SO FAR. But 90% of his passes are <10 yards also

starkvegasdawg
09-14-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm just being a smartass. I agree, he has done better than I was expecting SO FAR. But 90% of his passes are <10 yards also
That certainly plays to our favor. I only get nervous when the passes are over 30 yards.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2014, 10:06 AM
I was not very inpress with LSU. That offense could be worse then UAB's.

Ralph
09-14-2014, 10:08 AM
I could see it either way, but my guess is we won't crack top 25 until we beat lsu or tamu, or win 1 of those and play the loss close

Ralph
09-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I was not very inpress with LSU. That offense could be worse then UAB's.

I wasn't either. The giant hole that is our secondary is what concerns me. Hopefully their receivers drop the long ball too like USA. I think we can contain their running game enough to win, just worried about giving up the big plays which we seem to have a history of allowing against LSU

Sienfield
09-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I wasn't either. The giant hole that is our secondary is what concerns me. Hopefully their receivers drop the long ball too like USA. I think we can contain their running game enough to win, just worried about giving up the big plays which we seem to have a history of allowing against LSU

I would not bet on that. They always seem to have their best game against us.