PDA

View Full Version : If you were lsu's offensive coordinator, how would you attack our

gravedigger
09-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Defense? I don't mean one play. Of course you'd throw deep occasionally. But what would be your strategy after watching State's first three games?

gravedigger
09-14-2014, 03:41 AM
I'll go first since its 3 am and everyone is asleep.

Knowing state's strength on the DL, I'd avoid running sweeps first off.
If anything I'd try to set up running plays that enticed the DE to get caught over persuing on the outside and kick him out creating a running lane.
I'd also use the TE on a number of 10-15 yard skinny post plays to back up the linebackers.
Quick wide screens would follow that with rb's out of the back field. If all that was effective, designed qb draw plays would follow when the defense spread to cover the screens and the te pass plays.

I'm not sure all or much of it would work without a few attempts at the long ball, but LSU has the talent to be effective on offense. I just don't think they have the patience to win the game by winning the field position battle.

I seen it dawg
09-14-2014, 03:42 AM
They don't give a **** what we do. They are going to do what they feel like they do best.

gravedigger
09-14-2014, 04:17 AM
That is some good news if true. They run the ball well. But after watching the highlights tonight, they better change the way they go about it or we will stuff them.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2014, 08:44 AM
I think we match up well against LSU. I realize that we have some concerns and holes on defense, but LSU isn't really built to exploit them without going outside of what they want to do on offense. Miles had to much pride for that. LSU will try to run the ball on us, and I think there is a great chance we stuff that. Hopefully that gives us a chance to get an early lead.

I think we take this one.

Political Hack
09-14-2014, 08:54 AM
run and play action deep balls. I'd go after our 2nd string S's and let that freak WR they have go 1 on 1 with love every time we go to man-up coverage on the outside. I'd also match up a huge TE on Market every chance I had. that's an easy 5-10 yard pitch and catch just with sheer size advantage.

I'd run some screens and shotgun formation draws early to slow down our blitzing, pound the rock, and set up the big play.

IMissJack
09-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Start by trying to run. No matter the result, it gets the corners looking inside, then play action bombs.

Saltydog
09-14-2014, 09:48 AM
us and then hit us behind the LB's in the seams of the secondary. That's where we're weak.

Bully13
09-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Defense? I don't mean one play. Of course you'd throw deep occasionally. But what would be your strategy after watching State's first three games?

I know, but I'm not going to tell

TUSK
09-14-2014, 10:21 AM
run behind this guy: http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2014/0701/ncf_i_laelcollins_ms_400x600.jpg

a lot.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-14-2014, 10:41 AM
Send everyone deep every play and through to the wide open receiver we forget to cover.

MarketingBully01
09-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Here's a thought. Why don't we do just the opposite here. If you were Mullen, how would you attack LSU's defense. That to me is what most school's fans would be thinking. Not how to attack our own teams. Seems counterproductive to me. I mean you do actually want to win the game don't you Gravedigger?

dawgs
09-14-2014, 12:32 PM
I think we match up well against LSU. I realize that we have some concerns and holes on defense, but LSU isn't really built to exploit them without going outside of what they want to do on offense. Miles had to much pride for that. LSU will try to run the ball on us, and I think there is a great chance we stuff that. Hopefully that gives us a chance to get an early lead.

I think we take this one.

i think we match up very well against everyone in the secw except a&m. that game frightens me more than any other. i think auburn, bama, and lsu should be dogfights, but if our secondary doesn't improve asap, a&m might throw for 600 yards on us - and unlike last year, their D is at least decent, so the hope of outscoring them 55-51 or something is lessened.

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I would run a ton of 5-7 yard out routes when our DB's play 10 yards off the WR's. Take advantage of the lack of physicality by our secondary. Out routes and quick WR screens until our DB's finally are told to press, and then double move out and up, over the top.

I have been disappointed the most in our lack of physicality with our DB's. If you're going to allow easy route running with no contact, you should at least be preventing anything over the top. Love is smaller, but Calhoun has some size....so I would have Calhoun be physical off the line with WR's and let Love play off a bit. That way love can read and react like he is good at....and Calhoun can throw off timing on his side, with safety help over the top.

That's just me on a quick observation though

gravedigger
09-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Here's a thought. Why don't we do just the opposite here. If you were Mullen, how would you attack LSU's defense. That to me is what most school's fans would be thinking. Not how to attack our own teams. Seems counterproductive to me. I mean you do actually want to win the game don't you Gravedigger?

1. I wasn't interested in the way our fans think about their defense. I was interested in the way our fans think how LSU probably will attack our defense.

2. If I were Mullen id find out what the difference in pressure on the USA qb was and make sure it stayed that way or increased. But again, my post was abou how fans think lsu will play us.

3. Explain specifically what is counterproductive about a question.
In what way would it indicate I want anything other than to win?

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 01:49 PM
1. I wasn't interested in the way our fans think about their defense. I was interested in the way our fans think how LSU probably will attack our defense.

2. If I were Mullen id find out what the difference in pressure on the USA qb was and make sure it stayed that way or increased. But again, my post was abou how fans think lsu will play us.

3. Explain specifically what is counterproductive about a question.
In what way would it indicate I want anything other than to win?

LSU coaches will read the board and know how to attack us!!***