PDA

View Full Version : Is it time for Aeris Williams to play?

Sacrifice
09-13-2014, 10:09 PM
First off, JRob is a freakin animal!!. If the guy never came off the field, it would be fine with me. But what do we have behind him?
I love Nick Griffin but he's just not the same after the injuries.
Shumpert (and this kills me to say this) looks like a 2 by 4 with legs running through the hole. He just looks so stiff through the hips. I really thought this kid would be a great RB for us but I'm just not seeing it.
Brandon holloway should only be catching passes out of the back field, I know he runs a 2.9 40yd and tears it up in the spring but any handoffs to him seem to be a wasted down.
So do y'all think Aeris will play this season?
I know injuries could play a roll in that but I'm talking about just a lack of production from the other backs.

nsvltndog
09-13-2014, 10:12 PM
I thought he asked to redshirt. Unless injuries force it, I say let him redshirt.

engie
09-13-2014, 10:13 PM
He won't play -- but he would be our second best RB...

cheewgumm
09-13-2014, 10:14 PM
Shumpert = LB

msstate7
09-13-2014, 10:16 PM
I thought he asked to redshirt. Unless injuries force it, I say let him redshirt.

He was given option. Staff told em he'd get limited carries.

I think we should take it off either him or lee. After the usm game, I said our Rb depth was an issue. I hoped shump would fix it. He hasn't.

defiantdog
09-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Shumpert = LB

Grad Assistant******

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Shumpert = LB

I don't understand why people keep saying Shump should play defense. He's a fullback at worst. He is a hell of a blocker, and we need a good fullback. The fact that he can also play tailback on short yardage will make him an even better fullback. But I'm not writing him off as a tailback yet either.

That being said, I would love to remove Aeris' redshirt, but it ain't gonna happen. Prepare for an even smaller, weaker, version of Perkins up the middle in SEC play if something happens to JRob.

CadaverDawg
Grad Assistant******

Haha +1

maroonmania
What was the deal with JRob today. He didn't even see the field until our 3rd offensive series. Still play VERY intermittently even though very productive when he did play. Was he in the doghouse for something? Are we just trying to lower the hits he is taking? Some other reason? Anybody have a clue?

Coach34
09-13-2014, 10:21 PM
We dont have a FB in our offense. We use the TE

If JRob got hurt- Aeris would burn that shirt. We're ok with Shump and Griff getting their 6 carries per game right now

RC3
09-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Idk if it's time to play him but I haven't been impressed with shump or griffin. And holloway really has no business taking the ball on any play up the middle. That being said, all three are serviceable enough to spell j-rob, so IMO, unless he goes down with an injury, I think we are ok

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 10:23 PM

If JRob got hurt- Aeris would burn that shirt. We're ok with Shump and Griff getting their 6 carries per game right now

Well then Shumpert has been playing "blocking tailback", because he is lead blocker on short yardage. Call it what you want, but he does it. And he will never steal a defensive spot from somebody with his speed.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2014, 10:27 PM

Agree

It's not like we are using Shump and Griffin that much. If JRob got hurt, we would likely go to Aeris

By the way, I think Malik Dear could the be next JRob. The guy looks a lot like JRob

PMDawg
09-13-2014, 10:27 PM
Yes.

preachermatt83
09-13-2014, 10:31 PM
First off, JRob is a freakin animal!!. If the guy never came off the field, it would be fine with me. But what do we have behind him?
I love Nick Griffin but he's just not the same after the injuries.
Shumpert (and this kills me to say this) looks like a 2 by 4 with legs running through the hole. He just looks so stiff through the hips. I really thought this kid would be a great RB for us but I'm just not seeing it.
Brandon holloway should only be catching passes out of the back field, I know he runs a 2.9 40yd and tears it up in the spring but any handoffs to him seem to be a wasted down.
So do y'all think Aeris will play this season?
I know injuries could play a roll in that but I'm talking about just a lack of production from the other backs.

man I gotta tell ya, that mental picture is just flat out funny.. hahaha!

Saltydog
09-13-2014, 10:45 PM
but with the way we rotate players he'd see the field and like coach said, we don't have a FB in our offense.

shoeless joe
09-13-2014, 11:15 PM
This is so funny to me...rite now Aeris and shump are the same back. 2 years ago there was no contest who was quicker and looked to be more athletic...shumpert.

Call me stupid and that I don't know what I'm talking about but it's the absolute truth. Now, in a year or two Aeris may pass him but some of y'all don't realize the adjustment to play at this level. He's not there yet, not to mention this is only shump's second year!!!! Why are we giving up on him this quick?

CadaverDawg
09-14-2014, 01:58 AM
This is so funny to me...rite now Aeris and shump are the same back. 2 years ago there was no contest who was quicker and looked to be more athletic...shumpert.

Call me stupid and that I don't know what I'm talking about but it's the absolute truth. Now, in a year or two Aeris may pass him but some of y'all don't realize the adjustment to play at this level. He's not there yet, not to mention this is only shump's second year!!!! Why are we giving up on him this quick?

Spot on.