PDA

View Full Version : Captain Obvious post of the year...

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 08:25 PM
The SEC is so damn good.

Seriously though, we always knew Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, Georgia, South Carolina, we're going to be good this year. But it appears that Arkansas has improved, Kentucky has improved, Tennessee has improved, Florida has improved, and State and Ole Miss have been middle of the pack the last few years and will both be AT LEAST that good this year. And Mizzou is quietly kicking some ass this season too.

The only gimme in the league these days, is Vandy.

It makes things so exciting every week, but damn it's going to be tough for anybody to run the table or even lose only 1. I don't think there has ever been as many really good SEC teams in the conference at one time. Not sure the top is as great as it has ever been, but top to bottom looks to be the best ever. And it looks to only continue with the SECN and more $.

Should be a very fun, and interesting SEC season. I'm expecting several "upsets" this year.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 08:29 PM
Same old same old as far as our OOC domination. This is as tight as the conference, and West especially, has been in as long as I can remember. Shaping up to be one hell of a year again

preachermatt83
09-13-2014, 08:33 PM
its sick how good the conference is across the board.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2014, 08:33 PM
You think Florida has improved?

Maybe their health has improved, but in watching them against Kentucky, they don't appear to have improved much.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 08:35 PM
You think Florida has improved?

Maybe their health has improved, but in watching them against Kentucky, they don't appear to have improved much.

Florida couldn't have gotten worse, and since I think UK is better, I think it's safe to say Florida has still improved. But your point is valid. If there are two teams the jury is still out on in terms of improvement, it's the two playing each other in the swamp tonight.

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 08:37 PM
The SEC is so damn good.

Seriously though, we always knew Bama, Auburn, LSU, A&M, Georgia, South Carolina, we're going to be good this year. But it appears that Arkansas has improved, Kentucky has improved, Tennessee has improved, Florida has improved, and State and Ole Miss have been middle of the pack the last few years and will both be AT LEAST that good this year. And Mizzou is quietly kicking some ass this season too.

The only gimme in the league these days, is Vandy.

It makes things so exciting every week, but damn it's going to be tough for anybody to run the table or even lose only 1. I don't think there has ever been as many really good SEC teams in the conference at one time. Not sure the top is as great as it has ever been, but top to bottom looks to be the best ever. And it looks to only continue with the SECN and more $.

Should be a very fun, and interesting SEC season. I'm expecting several "upsets" this year.

Upset will start next week when Dak leads us to a victory over LSU in Baton Rouge and becomes an even further legend at State...

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Upset will start next week when Dak leads us to a victory over LSU in Baton Rouge and becomes an even further legend at State...

Nah won't be an upset we all know it's gonna happen!!!! *breaks knuckles on wood*

TheRef
09-13-2014, 08:40 PM
SEC vs Non-conference opponents: 23-1

The 1 loss? Vanderbilt's loss to Temple to kickoff the season.

smootness
09-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Florida couldn't have gotten worse, and since I think UK is better, I think it's safe to say Florida has still improved. But your point is valid. If there are two teams the jury is still out on in terms of improvement, it's the two playing each other in the swamp tonight.

That still doesn't really make sense. Because you think UK is better, it's safe to say the team that beat them by 17 on the road last year and is now struggling with them at home is also better?

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 08:46 PM
That still doesn't really make sense. Because you think UK is better, it's safe to say the team that beat them by 17 on the road last year and is now struggling with them at home is also better?

Jesus...ok, everybody in the league has improved....EXCEPT FOR MAYBE FLORIDA it appears. Better?

Damn, some of you guys will pick apart anything.

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Tsun may be better but I want to see them against a team that has had their nuts dropped

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Jesus...ok, everybody in the league has improved....EXCEPT FOR MAYBE FLORIDA it appears. Better?

Lol, welcome to the internet

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Lol, welcome to the internet

Indeed

smootness
09-13-2014, 08:51 PM

I didn't mean to make a big deal of it or anything, just thought the logic was flawed. Personally I think SC may be worse and that UK's improvement is more than cancelled out by Vandy's implosion. But I do agree that the league is probably better overall and tougher top to bottom. We'll see, though, I don't know how we can say much about teams like Tennessee or Ole Miss yet...or even us, really. Logic tells you they're all probably improved, but haven't actually proven it yet.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 08:54 PM
I didn't mean to make a big deal of it or anything, just thought the logic was flawed. Personally I think SC may be worse and that UK's improvement is more than cancelled out by Vandy's implosion. But I do agree that the league is probably better overall and tougher top to bottom. We'll see, though, I don't know how we can say much about teams like Tennessee or Ole Miss yet...or even us, really. Logic tells you they're all probably improved, but haven't actually proven it yet.

Think we'll know a lot about Tennessee in about two hours

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2014, 08:58 PM
I think Muschamp just got fired

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Kentucky definitely has improved but I still think we beat them by 10+.

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Also beginning to look like the MSU/LSU game is the class of the league next week and we don't even get CBS. Alabama will crush Florida. Book it.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Also beginning to look like the MSU/LSU game is the class of the league next week and we don't even get CBS. Alabama will crush Florida. Book it.

There's not doubt. MSU vs LSU is the best game in the SEC next week. Florida may not score a point on Bama.

smootness
09-13-2014, 09:07 PM

That probably has more to do w/ LSU wanting a night game, if I had to guess. Unless CBS sometimes broadcasts the game of the week at night, in which case I'm just dumb.

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 09:11 PM
It's called CBS thinking Florida would cruise to a win over Kentucky and have undefeated Florida and Alabama. Florida is a pretender if there ever is one. If they start 1-2, going to be hard to be Muschamp after next week.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Muschamp just got fired again. They suck

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 09:14 PM
I think Florida is sucking more then Ketucky improved. Florida's defense is playing like shit.

Smitty
09-13-2014, 09:36 PM
CBS always takes their night slot for Bama-LSU

Just saw Arky only threw it 12 times and ran it 68.. DAMN!

Maroonthirteen
09-13-2014, 09:36 PM
It's more CBS knows there a more Tvs that will tune to a Florida v Alabama than LSU V MSU. Regardless of the perceived better matchup.

TUSK
09-13-2014, 09:44 PM
There's not doubt. MSU vs LSU is the best game in the SEC next week. Florida may not score a point on Bama.

Bammer is soft in the secondary... Driskal and their talent especially on defense, concerns me....

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Bammer is soft in the secondary... Driskal and their talent especially on defense, concerns me....

You guys will run all over them and Driskel is vastly overrated. Kentucky is holding them to 20 points and your defense is 10x better then Kentucky.

OurState
09-13-2014, 10:07 PM

Floridians never down. They are at worst a sleeping giant. It is the worlds most fertile recruiting ground and the high schools prepare the kids to play. Their bottom is very high

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Floridians never down. They are at worst a sleeping giant. It is the worlds most fertile recruiting ground and the high schools prepare the kids to play. Their bottom is very high

That is why it is the coaching. Boom is Zook redux.