09-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Did anyone see that!!! Wow. Wow

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 07:42 PM
Here's how close that 4th down was

https://twitter.com/sec_logo/status/510951168743178240

smootness
09-13-2014, 07:44 PM
The absurdly arbitrary nature of ball spotting, followed by the precision of the chains to decide if the spot got them far enough, has always been hilarious to me.

There has to be a better way to do it now, with the technology available.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 07:46 PM
The absurdly arbitrary nature of ball spotting, followed by the precision of the chains to decide if the spot got them far enough, has always been hilarious to me.

Can't say it ain't exciting tho hahah. Spotting a qb sneak has got to be one of the hardest things to do as a ref in any sport

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Can't say it ain't exciting tho hahah. Spotting a qb sneak has got to be one of the hardest things to do as a ref in any sport

No kidding. Of course, it never should've come to that. UGA's kicker choking on the chipshot FG was the real killer.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 07:49 PM
No kidding. Of course, it never should've come to that. UGA's kicker choking on the chipshot FG was the real killer.

You're right. He's kinda gotten lost in the shuffle due to that whacky finish. I watched the last 7-8 minutes. Great ending. I don't see Georgia dropping much from a loss like that. Sucks for them that their fate isn't in their hands now tho. HBC is right back in it

chef dixon
09-13-2014, 07:52 PM
If you tilt the chains of course it will be short.

BrunswickDawg
09-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Going into work on Monday is going to be so nice. I won't hear a peep out of all the UGA fans here and about how "we really should be top 3 ". Although the flip side is, every caller on the local sports radio for the rest if the fall will be all "we need to fire Mark Richt. Georgia should have won the last 15 titles with all their talent, but Richt can't win when it counts."

messageboardsuperhero
09-13-2014, 07:59 PM

I agree 100%.

shoeless joe
09-13-2014, 08:06 PM
It looked live, and on every replay that Thompson got across the 50 and thus easily had it. Even the linesman on that side had it marked further than where it was spotted. Would have been an absolute disgrace had they not gotten the first down.

IMissJack
09-13-2014, 08:23 PM
I really thought GA was one of the best 2-3 teams in the country. Richt really seems snakebit at least once every year. The East was there for the taking, still is I guess.

FlabLoser
09-13-2014, 08:29 PM
CBS needs a robot sky cam thing.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 08:44 PM

I agree. Is there no way to put a tracker in, or on, the football or something, where on really tough situations they can look and see exactly how far the ball went before the whistle was blown?

Smitty
09-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Still a ton of season left for UGA. They win out and win in Atlanta and they're in.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 09:18 PM
Still a ton of season left for UGA. They win out and win in Atlanta and they're in.

Carolina has to lose tho. They hold the tie breaker. That's why this loss is rough

Smitty
09-13-2014, 09:31 PM
Carolina has to lose tho. They hold the tie breaker. That's why this loss is rough

@Auburn

smootness
09-13-2014, 09:31 PM

True, but they will. This SC is not that strong, they'll lose somewhere.