PDA

View Full Version : For those that are in the know, what is wrong with our secondary?

IMissJack
09-13-2014, 06:46 PM
?

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2014, 06:52 PM
I'm not in the know but to me it seems we are a step slow?

CJDAWG85
09-13-2014, 06:53 PM
We bring 4 and play a big cushion. Give the QB all day and any secondary looks bad.

Bully13
09-13-2014, 06:54 PM
We bring 4 and play a big cushion. Give the QB all day and any secondary looks bad.

This

IMissJack
09-13-2014, 06:55 PM
The secondary played their best game of the season last year vs. OM. Need to bring that game to LSU.

msstate7
09-13-2014, 06:59 PM
The secondary played their best game of the season last year vs. OM. Need to bring that game to LSU.

Played well against bama too.

Saltydog
09-13-2014, 07:18 PM
and if he did I didn't see him or hear his name announced. We need both of those guys if we are to have a chance next week.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 07:19 PM
and if he did I didn't see him or hear his name announced. We need both of those guys if we are to have a chance next week.

Didn't see market either. I'm sure the stitches don't exactly feel good inside a helmet

Bear@Work
09-13-2014, 07:24 PM
?

According to board majority, the secondary is irrelevant. As long as we can stop the running game we will coast through the West undefeated.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 07:26 PM
According to board majority, the secondary is irrelevant. As long as we can stop the running game we will coast through the West undefeated.

You're completely twisting what literally one person disagreed with you on but okay

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2014, 07:35 PM

Didn't see market either. I'm sure the stitches don't exactly feel good inside a helmet

Market played. I know he had at least one tackle. Definitely wasn't as active as he normally is, though. Hopefully he & Cox are both full speed next weekend.

messageboardsuperhero
09-13-2014, 07:55 PM

Wow, I've tried to stay out of this one- but you have just twisted this to the extreme...

Of course a team's secondary is important. But running the ball and stopping the run are (and always will be) the most important aspects of football. Period. If you can do those two things, you will be successful nine times out of ten. And it's even more important in the SEC West.

Bama- Ran the ball 56% of its snaps last year
Arkansas- Ran the ball 61% of its snaps last year
Auburn- Ran the ball 72% of its snaps last year
LSU- 62% of its snaps
MSU- 55%
UM- 52%
A&M- 49%

Yes, offenses are more open now- but I bet if you asked the majority of SEC coaches if they'd rather have an elite defensive front or an elite secondary, the vast majority would say an elite defensive front.

And did you really try to argue that our defense in 2012 was better than our defense this year? I guess that has yet to be determined, but I certainly wouldn't make that trade at this point...

BurgDawg
09-13-2014, 08:22 PM
I'm only concerned about Redmond flipping his hips both times he was beat because the WR put a double move on him and got him twisted