PDA

View Full Version : On the subject of Wyatt and H2H...Anyone find it unbearable to listen to

gravedigger
05-24-2013, 10:21 AM
during the 5-6 hour?

Seems like they exhaust the sports related stuff during the 4-5 hour and all I hear is a bunch of rambling about stuff on the outside of sports.

I almost find it unbearable to listen to. I've gotten used to Richards snarky comments because they are short. But Matt seems to have a hard time making a point.

Additionally, I like some of the recruiting and football talk. But right now it's just not quite the time. There is a tournament going on, 2 more bigger ones on the way and there are matchups and games to talk about.

I like Matt for his insight about what it's like to be a member of a real football team and what goes with it. But he gets off on other stuff that just isnt relevant. Their discussion on the price of pot one day almost drove me to rip the radio out of the car.

Guys, if you read this, please do something. I love the premise of the show and know it's tough to fill 2 hours but right now it's tougher to listen to that crap for my 20 minute drive.

The best thing on their show is the Brewer-Sherrill interviews in the fall on wednesdays.

Right now, we need baseball insight. The equipment issues. Will hoover keep the sec tourney. How the super regionals are figured as opposed to basketball.

I look forward to the football stuff. But you'll have plenty of time for that once the college baseball season is over.

I'll hang up and decide later if I'll listen.

M.Fillmore
05-24-2013, 10:27 AM
I gave up on H2H several months ago. Richard Cross is simply too much of a jerk. I do wonder if Cross ever ate his words for opining that "logic in reviewing depth charts leads one to the conclusion that MSU could never win 8 games in 2012."

BeastMan
05-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Great point. They still haven't fully adjusted to the extra hour of air time. The last hour is usually dreadful while the 1rst is good. To show the inverse, Bo Bounds packs info all the way to the end. Hopefull H2H will work on this last hour deterioration.

Bert Stare
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Weirdly, I am a state fan and i find Matt way more annoying than Richard. Richard has a lot quicker wit, and Matt just takes FOREVER to make his point, if he makes one.

With all of the info on the internet forums today, there is almost no insight that Radio guys can give that is something I haven't already read online. In fact, all of their talking points are almost verbatim lifted off of nafoom, sixpack, elitedawgs, etc. Their opinions always delve into Matt talking about how (insert today's topic) differs from when he was a player at MSU. Richard has to sit there and act like he cares about someone else's glory days, and I dont know how he doesn't pull his ****ing hair out, honestly.

Spider-Man
05-24-2013, 10:48 AM
during the 5-6 hour?

Seems like they exhaust the sports related stuff during the 4-5 hour and all I hear is a bunch of rambling about stuff on the outside of sports.

I almost find it unbearable to listen to. I've gotten used to Richards snarky comments because they are short. But Matt seems to have a hard time making a point.

Additionally, I like some of the recruiting and football talk. But right now it's just not quite the time. There is a tournament going on, 2 more bigger ones on the way and there are matchups and games to talk about.

I like Matt for his insight about what it's like to be a member of a real football team and what goes with it. But he gets off on other stuff that just isnt relevant. Their discussion on the price of pot one day almost drove me to rip the radio out of the car.

Guys, if you read this, please do something. I love the premise of the show and know it's tough to fill 2 hours but right now it's tougher to listen to that crap for my 20 minute drive.

The best thing on their show is the Brewer-Sherrill interviews in the fall on wednesdays.

Right now, we need baseball insight. The equipment issues. Will hoover keep the sec tourney. How the super regionals are figured as opposed to basketball.

I look forward to the football stuff. But you'll have plenty of time for that once the college baseball season is over.

I'll hang up and decide later if I'll listen.

No kidding. They're at the ****ing tournament for Pete's sake. They should've been previewing the upcoming A&M-MSU game. Instead they were talking about the guy who won the democratic primary for the mayoral race in Jackson. I couldn't care less about that. Get an interview with Kendall Rogers or Mark Etheridge. They are sitting in the ****ing press box.

gravedigger
05-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Weirdly, I am a state fan and i find Matt way more annoying than Richard. Richard has a lot quicker wit, and Matt just takes FOREVER to make his point, if he makes one.

Thought I was the only one to feel this way. Know it isnt popular among state fans, but truth nonetheless.

Gordon Gekko
05-24-2013, 05:50 PM
I think they should spend the whole 2 hours talking about gays.

Todd4State
05-24-2013, 05:56 PM
I was about to say- I think the solution is probably to shorten the show by an hour.

Isn't Richard Cross supposed to be a baseball guy? At least kind of?

Quaoarsking
05-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I think they should spend the whole 2 hours talking about gays.

I think all radio stations should only talk about gays, 24/7. Gaydio.

gravedigger
05-24-2013, 06:19 PM
Either that or do a little more homework. Yes. Richard is a baseball guy but like any om fan he dismisses anything quickly that Msu is doing better than ole most in.

gravedigger
05-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Lars would pitch a fit.

FlabLoser
05-24-2013, 07:51 PM
I think an Internet hero or two should call for Wyatt's job.

PendingTransaction
05-24-2013, 11:08 PM
Face it. Matt is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Coach34
05-24-2013, 11:19 PM
I think an Internet hero or two should call for Wyatt's job.

I'm sure Sevendust seen what he said and is on the case

CadaverDawg
05-25-2013, 12:19 AM
Matt Wyatt sort of reminds me of Mark Schlereth (sp?). It's like they take forever to make a simple point so they can eat up as much airtime as possible with their answer. Repeating themselves multiple times and making a simple yes/no answer into a 5 minute diatribe. It's painful at times. If you really want the show to end that fast...get out of the bidness.

Dawgface
05-25-2013, 06:47 AM
Never cared for the show. Cross is a jerk and Matt is just Matt. A good guy that does well on game day, but no much on a two hour daily radio show. As others have said, shorten the show and it might be better. Doubt it though.

FlabLoser
05-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Sports radio in MS can't get out of 2nd gear. Sports radio ought to be guy talk - tv, movies, women, booze, food, and some sports. All sports all the time is dull - and if you disagree, you've probably never heard another format of sports radio.