PDA

View Full Version : RIP '14 braves

msstate7
09-13-2014, 02:40 PM
Upper management please don't let their death be in vain!

1. Fire wren

2. Fire fredi

3. Fire walker

4. New GM trade anyone you want. I would exclude FF, but his hugging is part of the softness of this team IMO.

On to football...

smootness
09-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Definitely fire Fredi and Walker. Wren, I'd keep, but we do need a better focus on high-ceiling guys in the minor league system.

Figure out a way to keep both Heyward and JUp, shop Gattis to see what you can get, give BJ away, and trade Chris Johnson for cash.

The problem is, we're going to have to be active in free agency b/c we don't have many good options at 3B and CF in the minors.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Well at least they won't rip your heart out this year in the playoffs. #GlassHalfFull

Fred Garvin
09-13-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm done. Wren has to go. The money he has wasted on BJ and Uggla has proven he needs to go. It sucks they had to deal with the injuries they've seen this year, but they get paid the big bucks to make adjustments. I'm willing to let give Gonzalez a pass but will shed no tears if he goes. They clearly they cannot replicate the Scheurholz/Cox team

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2014, 02:58 PM
I've said for years Wren blows. Glad everyone else is catching up. I don't think Fredi and Walker are that bad. They've just been given too many feast or famine hitters. Not to mention, it's a miracle we stayed in contention into September after losing 2 of our top 3 SPs in Spring Training.

smootness
09-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Wren has made some mistakes, but he has to be given credit for guys like Simmons and Gattis, and for the fact that he keeps finding pitchers who get the job done.

Our top hitters aren't any more 'feast or famine' than anybody else's.

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2014, 03:05 PM
Wren has made some mistakes, but he has to be given credit for guys like Simmons and Gattis, and for the fact that he keeps finding pitchers who get the job done.

Our top hitters aren't any more 'feast or famine' than anybody else's.

Dan Uggla. BJ Upton. Easily the 2 worst players in MLB the last 5 years. It's a miracle we've won as many as we have the last few years considering we've been playing offense with 7.

smootness
09-13-2014, 03:07 PM
Dan Uggla. BJ Upton. Easily the 2 worst players in MLB the last 5 years. It's a miracle we've won as many as we have the last few years considering we've been playing offense with 7.

You're definitely right about that, but they were both far better before the Braves signed them. So you either blame Wren b/c he should have been able to predict their drastic falls, or you blame those hired to coach them.

dawgs
09-13-2014, 03:10 PM
I've said for years Wren blows. Glad everyone else is catching up. I don't think Fredi and Walker are that bad. They've just been given too many feast or famine hitters. Not to mention, it's a miracle we stayed in contention into September after losing 2 of our top 3 SPs in Spring Training.

well part of the problem was relying on a guy (beachy) with barely 100 IP and a TJ surgery since 2011 to be a top 3 SP. best case scenario is he would have productive for the 150 or so IP he would've thrown until they shut him down. remember he's not a guy like wainwright with a long history of 200+ IP seasons under his belt that management would've felt more comfortable throwing 200+ IP off TJ surgery. he's a young guy that was being developed when he got injured and had never thrown more than 141 IP in a season, so he would've been limited.