PDA

View Full Version : SEC Nation showing us some love..

preachermatt83
09-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Finebaum talking bad about USA not allowing cowbells and saying he is not worried about last week, that we have a chance against LSU and Auburn. Tebow was talking positively about Mullen. Then they did a tribute to Jack Cristil.. Good stuff!

Bully13
09-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Maybe Finebaum did a little work and saw the substituions and stuff... he prolly came on over to ED and learned a few things...

Political Hack
09-13-2014, 09:39 AM
then they ripped us for giving up so many big plays.

then they loved us again for rotating our personnel so much and so early and the depth it's going to develop.

msstate7
09-13-2014, 09:41 AM
then they ripped us for giving up some many big plays.

then they loved us again for rotating our personnel so much and so early and the depth it's going to develop.

So they like us and hate us for the same reasons?

Statecoachingblows**
09-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Thought it was funny to hear him say we were doing them a favor by playing there so they should just shut up. Nice little piece on Jack Cristil I agree.

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2014, 09:48 AM
then they ripped us for giving up so many big plays.

Big plays are going to happen with our D and the emphasis on creating turnovers. Look no further than the TD where Redmond went for the pick and missed, allowing the catch and run.

That said, I really believe the big plays UAB hit had more to do with us game planning for a run-heavy attack and selling out to stop the run all day. We only had film for one game. I'm disappointed we never adjusted, but that's the first time under Collins we haven't made an adjustment. I find it hard to believe the big play trend continues.

War Machine Dawg
09-13-2014, 09:50 AM
So they like us and hate us for the same reasons?

Not entirely. The big plays didn't have to do with subs. It was a gameplan/scheme issue. But yeah, they kinda sounded like Goat.

FlabLoser
09-13-2014, 09:52 AM
He loves me he loves me not. Stop being teenage girls.

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 10:19 AM
Not entirely. The big plays didn't have to do with subs. It was a gameplan/scheme issue. But yeah, they kinda sounded like Goat.

Well, one happened against our third or fourth string CB and another happened when Redmond went for the pick when he didn't have to. You take those two away and they only score 20 points and it's not made out to be as big a deal this week. Mullen already said you knock that ball away in the situation that Redmond was in. Those long bombs are not high percentage plays either. If you try 5, you might hit on 1 or 2 if you are lucky. They just happened to hit on all 5 and we never adjusted to it. Collins is a good DC so I am sure we will adjust to it and I doubt that kind of shit happens again.

TrapGame
09-13-2014, 10:40 AM
On a related note:

Booger and McElroy said good things about us yesterday too. Booger said he's not worried about the UAB game or USA b/c the coaches are thinking about LSU. He said we'd be ready for LSU and that will be a close game. McElroy said UAB pulled out a couple of surprises but nothing we couldn't handle. He also said Dak throws at least 5 TDs today v USA.

DownwardDawg
09-13-2014, 11:07 AM
On a related note:

Booger and McElroy said good things about us yesterday too. Booger said he's not worried about the UAB game or USA b/c the coaches are thinking about LSU. He said we'd be ready for LSU and that will be a close game. McElroy said UAB pulled out a couple of surprises but nothing we couldn't handle. He also said Dak throws at least 5 TDs today v USA.

He said Dak will "account" for 5 TD's today, not throw for 5. Or at least that's what I thought he said?

MarketingBully01
09-13-2014, 11:28 AM
Man, if he throws and runs for another 5 TDs he will be about where I predicted before the season at 15 (14 actual) the first 3 games. As little as Dak has played so far this year, he is racking up some outstanding numbers.

archdog
09-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Heisman voters do not notice that our QB has only played 10 series. If Dak shows out against LSU they may look at his production over the first 3 games and realize he literally could have had twice the numbers, but they will not look at it like that.

maroonmania
09-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Finebaum talking bad about USA not allowing cowbells and saying he is not worried about last week, that we have a chance against LSU and Auburn. Tebow was talking positively about Mullen. Then they did a tribute to Jack Cristil.. Good stuff!

Its amazing how Finebaum has changed since he's gone from an Alabama radio show to the "voice of the SEC". I used to hate the guy because he always would be talking about us in derogatory terms and referring to us as a "garbage program". Now that he is the rah rah guy for all things SEC he isn't allowed to talk about any SEC team in those terms. Still can't like him too much because he would likely still talk us down if he could.

IMissJack
09-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Good for MSU cause then you know he comes back, but I would like an MSU guy to win a Heisman.

rcsteph1
09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Hate I missed that part of the show by a couple of minutes this morning.