PDA

View Full Version : Dear

msstate7
09-13-2014, 08:52 AM
I'm really excited about this kid. I'm interested in where he'll be played. He looks like a rb to me, but he catches the ball well. Slot or rb... What you guys think?

Graham, dear, gray, mixon... We're gonna have some dynamic playmakers next season and beyond

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 09:03 AM
He's built thicker than a slot guy IMO...but everybody says that's where he'll be. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, but no doubt he should be a good one

Coach66
09-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Gotten much bigger, he took a punt back 99 yards last night.

smootness
09-13-2014, 09:24 AM
My guess is that he'll be the rare guy who actually slims down slightly in college as they work on building lean muscle and increasing speed. I think he's slot all the way, but will get some handoffs as all Mullen's slot guys do.

msstate7
09-13-2014, 09:25 AM
Gotten much bigger, he took a punt back 99 yards last night.

I read that. Hope he isn't fielding punts for us inside the 5 though.

defiantdog
09-13-2014, 09:38 AM
We'll want him to play safety his sophomore year*****

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 09:49 AM
I think we may FINALLY have a guy that is more like Harvin, in Dear. And what I mean by that is...he's not a tiny WR with speed that can't break a tackle, like Holloway. And he's not a guy like Perkins that is more of a RB because of height. Dear looks like he could be a good sized slot guy with speed, that can also take a handoff, break a tackle or two, and take it to the house.

I'm excited about him.

By the way, it was good to see on twitter where apparently after the Bassfield game last night, Jamal Peters' Mom called McLaurin's family "her Mississippi State family". Love hearing about bonds being built...that usually holds strong later on in the recruiting game. Peters faced off with McLaurin in a classic last night.

CadaverDawg
09-13-2014, 09:49 AM
We'll want him to play safety his sophomore year*****

Or be a grad assistant.

#Goat

hailmari
09-13-2014, 10:00 AM
I agree. I think he'll lean up some when he gets here, but will remain around the same weight too.

BeastMan
09-13-2014, 10:04 AM
He's a Percy Harvin utility type guy. His position doesn't matter near as much as getting him 15ish touches in various facets of the game in positions where he can make plays.

Sacrifice
09-13-2014, 11:46 AM
I've seen this young man play twice in person. He'll get a look in the slot but once he gets in the back field, I believe that's were he'll stay.
He's something like we don't have now, unbelievable field vision, can get to full speed in 2 steps, makes cuts inside the hole and he doesn't dance around in the backfield. He reminds me more of Marshall Faulk than anybody.

DudyDawg
09-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Seems to me that he'll be the definition of athlete. No true position, someone we want with the ball making plays no matter where it is

whosyourdawgy
09-13-2014, 11:53 AM
I've seen this young man play twice in person. He'll get a look in the slot but once he gets in the back field, I believe that's were he'll stay.
He's something like we don't have now, unbelievable field vision, can get to full speed in 2 steps, makes cuts inside the hole and he doesn't dance around in the backfield. He reminds me more of Marshall Faulk than anybody.

^^^THIS!!!