PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we've been eliminated from contention of hosting College Gameday this year

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2014, 08:10 PM
http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN-down-to-two-SEC-games-for-Oct-4-College-GameDay-31109373

Not sure why, or where it all went wrong for MSU to become the most hated, looked down upon football program in the SEC. It seems that Gameday would rather go South Dakota State TWICE than come to a football passionate, SEC West campus, that has a football team that has been to 4 straight bowl games once in 20 years.

Other schools seem to offered Gameday on a silver platter, but not MSU.

If we can't host Texas A&M weekend or Auburn weekend, then we won't host this year. They ain't coming for Arkansas or Vandy

engie
09-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Let it play out.

Coach34
09-12-2014, 08:13 PM
ok...we'll survive

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2014, 08:16 PM
ok...we'll survive

No doubt.

Just saying that it gets old after, you know, 20 or so years of hoping it will work out.

Maybe next year we can schedule 4 cupcakes before playing LSU or Bama at home. That seems to be enough to "earn" it

Drugdog
09-12-2014, 08:22 PM
I blame LT

Bully Dee Williams
09-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Let them have Game Day, the Today Show, Fox & Friends, CNN Headline News and Sesame Street there for the Bama weekend. The more cameras in Oxford, the better. I am going to love watching Bama rip those SOBs open on both lines.

Dawgcentral
09-12-2014, 08:38 PM
I never think about it.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Let them have Game Day, the Today Show, Fox & Friends, CNN Headline News and Sesame Street there for the Bama weekend. The more cameras in Oxford, the better. I am going to love watching Bama rip those SOBs open on both lines.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1122/olemissklanmarch.jpg

RougeDawg
09-12-2014, 08:46 PM
http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/ESPN-down-to-two-SEC-games-for-Oct-4-College-GameDay-31109373

Not sure why, or where it all went wrong for MSU to become the most hated, looked down upon football program in the SEC. It seems that Gameday would rather go South Dakota State TWICE than come to a football passionate, SEC West campus, that has a football team that has been to 4 straight bowl games once in 20 years.

If we can't host Texas A&M weekend or Auburn weekend, then we won't host this year. They ain't coming for Arkansas or Vandy

Are you seriously asking this question? Have you watched what we do to the OOC games? When you treat them as a joke, science experiment, that's exactly how your program will be viewed and perceived. If we started mashing them, as contenders do, we would be viewed as such. There are ways to beat the dog shit out of lesser teams band maintaining contender status, while getting your entire roster experience. But we have a coach who is trying to reinvent the wheel, all the while creating a pretender perceptions amounts outsiders.

We could beat LSU close and OM lose to Bama by 14, and the netinal perception would still be OM is the better team. Why you ask? Because they put the shit teams away early without a doubt. We dick around and act likes its a practice, yet wonder how on earth Gameday would pass is up. Keep your heads in the sand. It's time we step up, pound the cupcakes and build a killer mentality.

jimbo352
09-12-2014, 09:06 PM
No doubt.

Just saying that it gets old after, you know, 20 or so years of hoping it will work out.

Maybe next year we can schedule 4 cupcakes before playing LSU or Bama at home. That seems to be enough to "earn" it

Is this a joke... What did we do this year? Maybe I'm slow...

Listen... If we are undefeated by Oct. 11th, and Auburn is undefeated as well... We will be hosting gameday... No doubt in my mind... No way we aren't a top 10ish team after beating 2 top 10 teams... I think we are more than ready to take on LSU and A&M. We're built to beat both those teams. Maybe I'm dr8nking the koolaid these days, but I think this is our year.

Boya
09-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Get this man a hat! RougeDawg is ready to bring it!

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Are you seriously asking this question? Have you watched what we do to the OOC games? When you treat them as a joke, science experiment, that's exactly how your program will be viewed and perceived. If we started mashing them, as contenders do, we would be viewed as such. There are ways to beat the dog shit out of lesser teams band maintaining contender status, while getting your entire roster experience. But we have a coach who is trying to reinvent the wheel, all the while creating a pretender perceptions amounts outsiders.

We could beat LSU close and OM lose to Bama by 14, and the netinal perception would still be OM is the better team. Why you ask? Because they put the shit teams away early without a doubt. We dick around and act likes its a practice, yet wonder how on earth Gameday would pass is up. Keep your heads in the sand. It's time we step up, pound the cupcakes and build a killer mentality.

I simply don't agree with you. How we play against the bottom feeders has little to do with the way we are perceived, especially since we haven't lost to one in over 5 years. Ole Miss has lost to poor Vandy teams, Jacksonville State, etc... in that same time period.

I don't attribute how people perceive us to how many points we beat poor teams by. There is just a negative perception of us in the media, and it is probably due to how we played down the stretch of the 2012 season.

Due to that year, the media is always searching for our flaw and trying to find a reason not to buy into us like they did that season. The reason our perception goes down after the UAB game, isn't because UAB scored some. The result of the UAB game simply provided the perfect opportunity for them to find the flaw they were so desperately searching for.

In 2012 we were too hyped, and in defense of that, the "media pendulum" has swung to the complete other side. Our perception has much more to do with how we have played in our big games, than how we played against UAB. UAB just provided the media a plausible cause to jump off the bandwagon they didn't want to be on.

The good news is that the media is currently giving Ole Miss the same treatment we got in 2012. Once they start dropping big games in a few weeks, the media won't give them the benefit of the doubt until they earn it back.

In 2012, we lost the media's trust, and trust is earned. Right now, we are having to earn it back, inch by inch.

Bully13
09-12-2014, 09:14 PM

17 all this bullshit... I can't wait till we spank USA'S ass ( God I hate using those initials "but what can a poor boy do 'cept play for a rock 'n roll band")

Let's take care of bidness and whip LSU's ass up betwinksed the shoulders and all will be well. Either UF or Tiger High will take care of bidness and we will all be doing circle jerks while mass suicides on the square will be taking place.. all is good , remain calm.

defiantdog
09-12-2014, 09:18 PM

Or we can just beat LSU in Baton Rouge on September 20th

IMissJack
09-12-2014, 09:48 PM
Because we don't do much to up our national perception, and not just in sports. OM has to, because they are mostly out of state students.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2014, 10:19 PM
We take down 3 undefeated "name" programs in a row.....we will receive a whole new type of hype. Let's put away these gnats tomorrow, and then mow down LSU, A&M, and Auburn.....and then grab your popcorn and enjoy the SECN, ESPN, and the silence coming from the Ledger.

Jack Lambert
09-12-2014, 10:32 PM

I remember it was just a few years ago the KKK marched on one of their big games.

Beaver
09-12-2014, 11:48 PM
Lee Fitter says it's down to Ole Miss/Bama or LSU/Auburn.. So it's simple now.. Beat LSU, and Ole Miss gets Gameday. Like others have said, let winning do the talking. Beat LSU and A&M? Then Auburn comes to town, and State is probably cracking the top 10. Only other quality game that week is ND @ FSU. Maybe Gameday decides to stay in the Magnolia State.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2014, 11:51 PM

Nobody remember WHAT happens with the cupcakes unless you lose to them. UM is getting attention because they got ESPN's #1 recruit 2 years ago. ESPN HAS to build them up. That is THE reason, but it didn't hurt that they beat LSU last year. It also doesn't hurt that there are a bunch of UM grads at ESPN. If they and Bama are undefeated then that will probably be a Top 10 game and it's exactly the type of game Gameday goes to. I say the more attention on that game the better because it won't be pretty for UM. Notice we got NO attention for beating UM with a third team QB playing most of the game, that tells you the real opinion on UM.

Dawg61
09-13-2014, 12:18 AM
I simply don't agree with you. How we play against the bottom feeders has little to do with the way we are perceived, especially since we haven't lost to one in over 5 years. Ole Miss has lost to poor Vandy teams, Jacksonville State, etc... in that same time period.

I don't attribute how people perceive us to how many points we beat poor teams by. There is just a negative perception of us in the media, and it is probably due to how we played down the stretch of the 2012 season.

Due to that year, the media is always searching for our flaw and trying to find a reason not to buy into us like they did that season. The reason our perception goes down after the UAB game, isn't because UAB scored some. The result of the UAB game simply provided the perfect opportunity for them to find the flaw they were so desperately searching for.

In 2012 we were too hyped, and in defense of that, the "media pendulum" has swung to the complete other side. Our perception has much more to do with how we have played in our big games, than how we played against UAB. UAB just provided the media a plausible cause to jump off the bandwagon they didn't want to be on.

The good news is that the media is currently giving Ole Miss the same treatment we got in 2012. Once they start dropping big games in a few weeks, the media won't give them the benefit of the doubt until they earn it back.

In 2012, we lost the media's trust, and trust is earned. Right now, we are having to earn it back, inch by inch.

MSU went through almost a decade's worth of futility in football. Do you guys just forget how fu@king AWFUL we were under the last 3 years of Sherrill and 4 of 5 years with Croom? We were brutally terrible at football. A total embarrasment. It takes time to overcome that negative stink attached to us. The ONLY way we do that is by beating quality top ranked teams and not just once or twice but a bunch. We literally have to MAKE the media respect us at this point. Mullen I am very pleased with but what he has not done is the one thing he must do to get national respect and that is beating top ranked teams. Until Mullen starts beating LSU, Bama, Auburn, aTm we will forever be forgotten about. I am fine with Gameday ignoring us. Let us sneak our way into the playoff. Are we really going to make the SEC Championship and playoff this year with the media all in our grill? No way. The stars are aligning for this year to be very special. Once in a lifetime special. If we play up to our potential we might just do something unthinkable and getting ignored by the media will only help motivate the team. Keep on ignoring us I say. I don't need Gameday or preseason rankings to justify to myself that we have a good team. We have a damn good team without them.

Quaoarsking
09-13-2014, 12:23 AM
Ok, we don't get October 4. We can play our way into hosting on October 11 against Auburn.

They've gone to the SEC two weeks in a row before; they can do it again. Or if they don't, we'll survive. Have a good year, and perhaps we'll have enough hype to host it next year when we play LSU or Alabama.

dawgclub99
09-13-2014, 04:36 AM

We gave up over 30 to UAB. They torched our passing game. If LSU and A&M are able to do the same, we aint beating them.

codeDawg
09-13-2014, 07:11 AM
It's simple. Bama vs. Ole Miss is going to be a top 15, possibly top 10 SEC matchup. They both are likely to be undefeated going into that game. We are not even ranked and are likely to lose @ LSU. Our scrimmage last week didn't help to change any perception that we might upset. Simple as that.

If we win @ LSU, I would say the MSU / Texas A&M game deserves consideration. Beat Texas A&M and we damn sure deserve to host with Auburn in town.