View Full Version : Staley and Fitzgerald both made travel roster

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Along with Jamoral Graham and Logan Cooke. I figured Graham would make trip but surprised me both frosh qb's did.

engie
09-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Had to take at least one of them...

MSUDawg4Life
Did Staley and Fitz dress last week? I could have sworn I saw Staley dressed last week. I don't know about Fitz.

BrunswickDawg
Doesn't surprise me at all. Both of them have the talent to be pushing Williams for the #2 spot.

BrunswickDawg
09-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Staley and Fitz were dressed last week.

MSUDawg4Life
09-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Staley and Fitz were dressed last week.

I thought so. It's no surprise they made the travel roster.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Is Logan Cooke a kicker or just a punter?

MadisonDawg
09-12-2014, 07:57 PM
Is Logan Cooke a kicker or just a punter?

Punter I'm pretty sure

Coach34
09-12-2014, 08:10 PM
He needs to RS obviously- but I cant wait to watch Eli play. I think he is going to be a good un

DudyDawg
09-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Did Staley and Fitz dress last week? I could have sworn I saw Staley dressed last week. I don't know about Fitz.

They dressed and were giving signals if I'm not mistaken

hacker
09-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Logan can kick too. He didn't miss much in high school. He's also an amazing athlete and he has the confidence to not get rattled during a game. I'm really surprised we haven't tried him at kicker yet and we are redshirting him.

Maybe since Devon Bell was supposed to be a punter then we tried him at kicker and it ****ed him up in the head, Mullen is worried about that happening again. Dunno.

RougeDawg
09-12-2014, 08:38 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all. Both of them have the talent to be pushing Williams for the #2 spot.

How would we know? Dan is burning up all these preseason series without getting one of them experience. But he's building depth.**

preachermatt83
09-12-2014, 10:01 PM
He needs to RS obviously- but I cant wait to watch Eli play. I think he is going to be a good un

+1. He has the potential to be GREAT!

preachermatt83
09-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Logan can kick too. He didn't miss much in high school. He's also an amazing athlete and he has the confidence to not get rattled during a game. I'm really surprised we haven't tried him at kicker yet and we are redshirting him.

Maybe since Devon Bell was supposed to be a punter then we tried him at kicker and it ****ed him up in the head, Mullen is worried about that happening again. Dunno.

Logan is an AMAZINGLY talented punter but he is no placekicker. He only attempted 9 FG's in his HS career and he missed 4 of those. He is pretty decent at kickoff's bc he has such a solid leg but he will never be a Place Kicker in college, nor should he be.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Cooke, Staley, & Fitzgerald have dressed for both games.

bulldawg28
09-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Coaches do this so that younger guys get exposure to traveling and rewarding them for a great week of practice. Dont look too hard into this it's common.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Logan is an AMAZINGLY talented punter but he is no placekicker. He only attempted 9 FG's in his HS career and he missed 4 of those. He is pretty decent at kickoff's bc he has such a solid leg but he will never be a Place Kicker in college, nor should he be.

How can one say "never" when looking at our current kicking situation? If there's ever a chance for Logan to be a FG kicker in college....he is at the right place for it to happen.*

War Machine Dawg
09-12-2014, 10:52 PM

A) Cooke didn't kick much in HS, as I understand it. He was primarily a punter and we recruited him as a punter.
B) Until MS stops letting HS kickers kick off a tee, I don't care how many they make. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison and never will be. Sign JUCO kickers, dammit.

War Machine Dawg
09-12-2014, 10:54 PM

And the Preachah dropping the facts. 5/9 isn't much better than our current 50% kickers. And he had the advantage of the tee.

preachermatt83
09-12-2014, 10:57 PM
A) Cooke didn't kick much in HS, as I understand it. He was primarily a punter and we recruited him as a punter.
B) Until MS stops letting HS kickers kick off a tee, I don't care how many they make. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison and never will be. Sign JUCO kickers, dammit.

A) +1
B)+1000

Bully13
09-12-2014, 11:12 PM
we're just trying to prove JWS hasn't been around our practices illegally. sucking so much ass in SP proves that.

Dawg61
09-13-2014, 12:41 AM

Staley had a headset on and was calling in plays. This I noticed, I didn't see Fitz but he was probably right next to Staley doing the same thing.

jumbo
09-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Staley had a headset on and was calling in plays. This I noticed, I didn't see Fitz but he was probably right next to Staley doing the same thing.

Correct. They are dressed for emergency