PDA

View Full Version : Ref, what say you about me needing my waders tomorrow in Mobile??

RougeDawg
09-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Most sites im seeing are saying 80% chance, mainly after noon due to tropical system slipping across Florida. You seeing anything different to give me some hope? My bad if you've posted the game day forecast. I didn't see it if you did.

CadaverDawg
09-12-2014, 09:27 AM
I want to say that a sloppy game would benefit us, but I'm not sure. Don't they always say "rain is the great equalizer" on a football field? What do you guys think, or do you think it matters at all?

The main advantage IMO, is that it would damper their crowd and "rain on their parade", no pun intended....which would suck for them and their fans.

RougeDawg
09-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I want to say that a sloppy game would benefit us, but I'm not sure. Don't they always say "rain is the great equalizer" on a football field? What do you guys think, or do you think it matters at all?

The main advantage IMO, is that it would damper their crowd and "rain on their parade", no pun intended....which would suck for them and their fans.

I think our offense fits wet conditions well. I was hoping we didn't have to endure rain during the game. We are already seeing the soaking rain here in south LA this morning.

TheRef
09-12-2014, 09:36 AM
You won't need waders. I'm saying that rainfall amounts stay around .25" throughout the day, so not a gully-washer, but not a dry day either. I'm about to update my forecast post with some new numbers. I'll be sure to post it when I update it.

Tough Dawg
09-12-2014, 09:40 AM
Rain and turf fields bother the hell out of me from an injury standpoint.

RougeDawg
09-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Rain and turf fields bother the hell out of me from an injury standpoint.

True. I wasn't even considering this because I automatically assume any football field south of the Mason-Dixon Line should be nothing but natural turf. Artificial turf in the south should be banned by the NCAA due to increased injury potential. I chalk up the two artificial turf fields in Mississippi to the two universities being completely delusional idiots, each for various reasons.

maroonmania
09-12-2014, 09:52 AM
True. I wasn't even considering this because I automatically assume any football field south of the Mason-Dixon Line should be nothing but natural turf. Artificial turf in the south should be banned by the NCAA due to increased injury potential. I chalk up the two artificial turf fields in Mississippi to the two universities being completely delusional idiots, each for various reasons.

The turf will likely cost us one player with a knee injury tomorrow. Seems to happen like clockwork when we play on that stuff.

godlluB
09-12-2014, 09:53 AM

I'm with you.

FYI, Starkville High School installed carpet this year in its football field, and Tupelo High School installed BLUE turf!

Then there is the unholy abomination that happened at DNF....

TheRef
09-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Okay...so I've updated the forecast and it looks better than the last one.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/09/11/msu-game-day-forecast-saturday-september-13-mobile-alabama/