PDA

View Full Version : Sorry if Schnitzel: 16 & 17 Power 5 OOC Opponents?

Lloyd Christmas
09-12-2014, 08:31 AM
Have they been scheduled yet? If not, any timeframe from Strick on announcement?

curmudgeon
09-12-2014, 08:33 AM
I've heard its going to be Purdue. 16 in Starkville, 17 in West Lafayette.

Would give us a Big Ten (Purdue), Big 12 (K-State, ACC (NC State), and Pac 12 (Arizona) home to home over eight years. I like it.

Lloyd Christmas
09-12-2014, 08:44 AM

Would give us a Big Ten (Purdue), Big 12 (K-State, ACC (NC State), and Pac 12 (Arizona) home to home over eight years. I like it.

That would be perfect. Hopefully their program continues to stay in the shitter until then.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Purdue already has 12 games scheduled for 2016 but could drop the Eastern Kentucky game I'm sure if they need to. 2017 they have an opening but they already have Missouri on the schedule. Would they be willing to play 2 SEC teams in 1 year?

Dawg61
09-12-2014, 11:06 AM
Purdue already has 12 games scheduled for 2016 but could drop the Eastern Kentucky game I'm sure if they need to. 2017 they have an opening but they already have Missouri on the schedule. Would they be willing to play 2 SEC teams in 1 year?

Not unless they are ruhtarhded. Won't be Purdue.

preachermatt83
09-12-2014, 12:53 PM
If we do a Home and home these are some possibilities.

ACC Possibilities :Boston College, Louisville, Wake, and NC
Big 10 Possibilities: Indiana, Purdue, and Illinois
Pac-12 Possibilities: none
Big 12 Possibilities: West VA

From everything I am hearing the mostly likely scenario if we do home and home is Indiana or Purdue

I have heard though, that the SEC is trying to workup something with the big 12 for us in a kickoff type game in back to back years... Texas Tech for 2016 and TCU for 2017. This is very very doable and possible. They are trying to get TCU on board. TT is willing but the only thing holding TCU back is that they already play an SEC team in `17.. Arky I think..

curmudgeon
09-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I think Purdue is going to kick Nevada off their schedule in '16 to make it work. I've heard the Big 12 kickoff deal as well if Purdue doesn't work it out with Nevada. Tech has Arizona State in '16.

In Houston vs. TCU in 2016 and in Arlington vs. Texas Tech in '17. The back-to-back kickoff classics is not something that is favored because one of the years it would result in just six home games.

TCU is free both years. SMU and South Dakota State scheduled in '16 and SMU scheduled in '17.

We'll be booked until 2023. I expect our schedule to look like this during those eight years.

When hosting Big 5, we will play one FCS (UT Martin, Jacksonville State, Murray State have good relationships with MSU), one regional opponent at home and travel to one regional opponent. The pool of regional opponents seems to be Memphis, Tulane, South Alabama, UAB, Troy, Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech. We will schedule 2-for-1s with USA, UAB, Troy and La. Tech. We will go 1-for-1 with Memphis, Tulane and USM.

When traveling to a Big 5, we will play one FCS (in-state SWAC) and have two regional opponents at home.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I think Purdue is going to kick Nevada off their schedule in '16 to make it work.

Gotcha. Sounds good to me if they're willing to play 2 SEC teams in '17 I say sign em up.

curmudgeon
09-12-2014, 01:34 PM
I'm a dumbass.