PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

msstate7
09-12-2014, 06:43 AM
How we looking with Danley, Campbell, bates, and Lewis? These are the four I want most.

Do we have a chance will daryl Williams?

drummerdawg
09-12-2014, 07:34 AM
Not sure where we stand but, I saw where Bates and Adams could make a decision in a week or two.

HoopsDawg
09-12-2014, 08:27 AM
We have rankin above danley. Danley will commit to OU soon. We are in good shape with the other 3.

BeastMan
09-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Danley- announces soon. He's a guard all the way (some think he's an OT for some reason). He likes OU, family wants him close. We'll see

Bates- announces soon too. His recruitment has gotten intense. Not as confident as I once was but hoping for best

Campbell- will go to NSD IMO. Don't think he cares for the media so don't expect to hear much. I like MSU's position

Lewis- will be back and forth until NSD and full of drama (played up by the sites, not him). Again, I like MSU's position.

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2014, 08:36 AM
We have rankin above danley. Danley will commit to OU soon. We are in good shape with the other 3.

What are you hearing about Texas Tech and Bates? We have so many options at DE , I'm not sure who has a firm offer. Do we have room for Campbell , Bates, and Adams?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Bates visits Texas Tech this weekend. A lot of people are kind of hesitant on Bates because he's not visiting MSU again before he announces but he's visited campus twice this is his 1st trip to Lubbock. Yes we'd take Campbell, Bates, & Adams.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 08:45 AM

Honestly Danley may be 3rd or 4th on our Juco OL board. Rankin is far & away #1 but Malik Cuellar & Dominic Desouza are guys the coaches wanted quiet but their names have gotten out that are just as high or higher than Danley on the board.

maroonmania
09-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Honestly Danley may be 3rd or 4th on our Juco OL board. Rankin is far & away #1 but Malik Cuellar & Dominic Desouza are guys the coaches wanted quiet but their names have gotten out that are just as high or higher than Danley on the board.

I assume we are still behind the Bears for Rankin?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 08:49 AM
I don't believe that's the case. Our staff has gotten a lot more confident on Rankin the past few weeks. Also it doesn't hurt that his g'frd attends MSU.

msstate7
09-12-2014, 08:53 AM
I don't believe that's the case. Our staff has gotten a lot more confident on Rankin the past few weeks. Also it doesn't help that his g'frd attends MSU.

He needs to follow the Norman price plan

Big4Dawg
09-12-2014, 08:54 AM
His girlfriend is also Jameon's cousin

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2014, 09:21 AM

Good to hear. Rankin is heading to OU this weekend on an official visit, Im wondering how many JUCO OT's they are going to take.

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Bates visits Texas Tech this weekend. A lot of people are kind of hesitant on Bates because he's not visiting MSU again before he announces but he's visited campus twice this is his 1st trip to Lubbock. Yes we'd take Campbell, Bates, & Adams.

We are sitting at 27 commits - can we take 32? That is a monster size class. Do we have that many spots on the 85? I know we have a senior laden team, but do we have enough room for 32 new players. That is assuming we just add Bates, Campbell, Adams, Lewis and a JUCO OT. I would think we would want one more HS OL in this year's class.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-12-2014, 09:27 AM
With Cooper & Pierce not making it the official # is 32. Now we would take 33 if the right final 6 wanted to come. Adams, Campbell, Bates, Lewis, Rankin, & Williams for example.

Big4Dawg
09-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Ours seniors:
Hughes
Lewis
Love
M. Johnson
Griffin
Cox
R. Johnson
Hill
Wells
Holmes
Muniz
Day
Beckwith
Clausell
D. Robinson
P. Smith
Eulls
PJ Jones
Virges

That's only 19.

I seen it dawg
09-12-2014, 09:44 AM
Doesn't matter where any of them announce...only matters where they sign. Nobody is inside the heads of these kids.

HoopsDawg
09-12-2014, 09:59 AM
Doesn't matter where any of them announce...only matters where they sign. Nobody is inside the heads of these kids.

That's deep. Are you a philosopher?

Political Hack
09-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Ours seniors:
Hughes
Lewis
Love
M. Johnson
Griffin
Cox
R. Johnson
Hill
Wells
Holmes
Muniz
Day
Beckwith
Clausell
D. Robinson
P. Smith
Eulls
PJ Jones
Virges

That's only 19.

we may have an early NFL departure this year too.

The numbers always work out. We we're putting walk on on scholarship after everyone worried about the same thing last year. Happens every year...

DudyDawg
09-12-2014, 10:18 AM
we may have an early NFL departure this year too.

The numbers always work out. We we're putting walk on on scholarship after everyone worried about the same thing last year. Happens every year...

McKinney is gone for sure. No may about it IMO.

HancockCountyDog
09-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Ours seniors:
Hughes
Lewis
Love
M. Johnson
Griffin
Cox
R. Johnson
Hill
Wells
Holmes
Muniz
Day
Beckwith
Clausell
D. Robinson
P. Smith
Eulls
PJ Jones
Virges

That's only 19.

Throw in McKinney, thats 20. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Robinson and maybe one of our junior corners don't test the market if they have the type of year that I expect. Jrob might as well get the to the league as soon as he can so he doesn't get the mileage. Now, selfishly I hope he stays, but if he has a 1200 yard type year, I think he should go and get paid.

Still, we are looking at needing to have a decent amount of good attrition if we are going to sign 32 players. I can think of some guys that would fit this mold, but no reason to get into it.

Still, 32 signees with maybe only 21 guys leaving is going to be tough.