PDA

View Full Version : Here's what it comes down

Todd4State
05-24-2013, 01:24 AM
As far as a National Seed:

Pull for Mississippi State, pull for Utah.

I think if Utah were to win one game against the Ducks it might be enough to jump them. Especially if we were to beat Vanderbilt.

Louisville has dropped all the way down to 16 in RPI. I think they are out as far as a National Seed. We need to try to get to 9 if we want to have a shot at a National Seed- I can't see four ACC teams getting National Seeds.

After all we have done in the SEC Tournament, we are still at 10 in RPI. The only way I can see us moving up is if Oregon or someone else chokes or we beat Vanderbilt and LSU. Beating teams ranked lower than us don't help us at this point.

bulldogcountry1
05-24-2013, 07:34 AM
I don't think it is mathematically possible. There just aren't enough teams playing to move the % much, and most of those left playing are good teams. So, even losses aren't going to matter much at this juncture.

Will James
05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
I don't think it is mathematically possible. There just aren't enough teams playing to move the % much, and most of those left playing are good teams. So, even losses aren't going to matter much at this juncture.

I definitely think it's still possible, but the pieces aren't likely to fall into place

I seen it dawg
05-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Our best bet is probably to steal a host Super by our matchup losing their regional.

Coach34
05-24-2013, 09:03 AM
I think we will fall just short- be the 9th seed- and get matched up with the Oregon Regional

Sandman14
05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Well don't feel bad if it happens. Remember it was always only a 4% chance from the start.

engie
05-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Baseballamerica has us @ #9 right now -- only behind Indiana.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/thursday-roundup-hokies-hogs-continue-to-surge/

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-24-2013, 09:30 AM
It is definitely a long shot because everything has to fall in place, but there is still a chance. The good news is, everything has fallen into place like we've needed it to so far.

Our SOS has gone from 5th to 10th by playing the 112th, 11th and 33rd rated teams in the RPI. If we play #2 and #6 it is sure to go right back up. Plus if we beat those teams it will give us the push from that. Our resume is so close to Oregon, Florida State and NC State you have to think that if things swing our way we could be 7th when the dust settles on Sunday night.

msstate7
05-24-2013, 09:30 AM
I think we will fall just short- be the 9th seed- and get matched up with the Oregon Regional
What if we beat vandy and lsu to win the tourney? Surely we move in top 8 then

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Baseballamerica has us @ #9 right now -- only behind Indiana.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/thursday-roundup-hokies-hogs-continue-to-surge/

Baseball America is full of it. Indiana? Sure, give them a host spot since they're in the Big Ten (and they deserve one), but give me a break on the national seed talk. 14th in the RPI, only 9-8 vs. top 50 and 72nd in SOS. That is a joke. If they say we are behind Indiana they're opinion on these matters are null and void. And if the NCAA is buying into Indiana this much someone should be cut down.

601Dawg
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM

They won't match us up with LSU or Vandy, so its going to be with one of 6 schools, and I just hope and pray its not North Carolina. They are by far and away the best non SEC baseball team in the nation. LOADED with MLB draftpicks.