PDA

View Full Version : 2015 MLB Draft

messageboardsuperhero
09-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Here's a really informative early look at the 2015 MLB Draft from Fangraphs. It's written by a guy (Kiley McDaniel) who came over to Fangraphs from Scout.com recently, and everything I've ever read by McDaniel indicates that he knows his stuff.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-mlb-draft-top-51/

Greg Pickett comes in as the 26th best prospect, and Gray Fenter is listed under "More Prospects to watch," which means he could be taken in the top five rounds. That's about where I'd expect those two- but it's interesting to see no Austin Riley, J. Padgett, Parker Ford, Elih Marrero, etc. Those are all elite talents that are committed to us. This is still a long time from now, but it's interesting nonetheless.

MsStateBaseball
09-11-2014, 02:32 PM
Pickett has the frame and the power to be drafted high. Fenter just isn't the biggest guy (6-0) which means he won't be drafted high either. MLB likes tall rangy guys. But a guy like Burdick, doesn't matter where he was drafted, wants to play pro. Only time will tell who we have now like that. But I like our chances on keeping most of them.

Todd4State
09-11-2014, 05:44 PM
McDaniel is pretty good overall.

Pickett is very projectable- like Hunter Renfroe, but more advanced at this stage.

I think there is a very good chance that Fenter comes to MSU.