PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Graveman thought

Todd4State
05-24-2013, 12:41 AM
He only threw 64 pitches tonight. I wonder if Butch and Cohen are thinking about starting him in the SEC Championship game should we be fortunate enough to make it that far?

He has pitched very well against both LSU and Arkansas, and should Alabama make it, I think the staff likes our match-up regardless of who they pitch.

I'm not suggesting that we would ask him to pitch a complete game- but I could see him easily giving us 50-60 pitches again and then go to our bullpen as we need to.

Will James
05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
I highly highly doubt it. In fact id give it a 1% chance. Not gonna go on 2 days rest with regionals the very next weekend.

Todd4State
05-24-2013, 01:01 AM
His normal bullpen day is on Tuesday. We'll see (hopefully).

bulldogcountry1
05-24-2013, 07:42 AM
I don't know. The announcers were harping the whole game about how Graveman needed to go pretty deep because our pen was completely shot. Yeah, they were clueless, but they were basing that off things that the staff had said. It was a big surprise to me that they took him out so quickly. He was starting to leave the ball up, though.

I guess they felt that it was effectively an elimination game - Win the game, get a day off, and we are in the driver's seat. Lose the game and keep having play every day with few arms left.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-24-2013, 09:49 AM
I keep thinking - no way Ross pitches in this game, and then he goes out and pitches 3 innings on Tuesday and Thursday all after making 3 appearances over the weekend including 4 innings on Saturday. I would think he'd be unavailable for Saturday and ready to go for a Sunday game but who knows.

I assume Fitts would start. And then maybe Pollo would be available? I would assume Cox would be counted on for long relief first though...unless Ross doesn't pitch Saturday. Who the hell knows.

I guess the question is, how badly does Cohen want to win this thing vs. potentially running the bullpen out there for a bunch off innings. I assume it's the former because of the way he handled Graveman - taking him out in the 5th with a 3 run lead. I figured we'd see Norris and maybe even E. Mitchell if Graveman didn't go 5+, but nope, there goes Ross Mitchell again doing what only rubber arm Ross can do.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
I assumed Lindgren would throw Saturday?

Also, Ross can pretty much throw whenver.

msstate7
05-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Evan Mitchell gonna start championship game.

Goat Holder
05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
I agree. Lindgren Saturday and if we make it, give Evan another chance. On the big stage.

AROB44
05-24-2013, 11:06 AM
I agree. Lindgren Saturday and if we make it, give Evan another chance. On the big stage.

Why

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-24-2013, 11:08 AM
I assumed Lindgren would throw Saturday?

Also, Ross can pretty much throw whenver.

I would be shocked if Lindgren didn't go Saturday. If there's a chance to beat the #1 team in the country you got to take you best shot, worry about Sunday on Sunday.

Goat Holder
05-24-2013, 11:11 AM
#1, we have no one else, #2, we don't want to get injured, #3, he's a Sr. and we need to get something out of him, #4, if he's successful he may help us come regional time.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-24-2013, 11:11 AM

It's a shame that Evan has yet to pitch in Hoover the last two years while we've been doing so well, but he should not get the start. No way no how. He hasn't proven that he can even throw a strike the last few times we've put him in. Go with Fitts or Cox. Evan would be an emergency option like Fitts goes 1/3 of an inning, Cox goes one inning and we need someone so we cross our fingers that maybe he'll throw a few in the strikezone.

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-24-2013, 11:12 AM
#1, we have no one else, #2, we don't want to get injured, #3, he's a Sr. and we need to get something out of him, #4, if he's successful he may help us come regional time.

#1 - we have Fitts and Cox, #3 - he's a junior

Will James
05-24-2013, 11:15 AM
I thought Evan was a JR Goat

msstate7
05-24-2013, 11:50 AM
I thought Evan was a JR Goat

He is. Just seems he's been here forever

msstate7
05-24-2013, 11:53 AM
I'd start Evan. I would give him a quick hook if he comes out shaky. Since he won't be out there long enough to blow any chance we got, the reward could outweigh the risk.

Goat Holder
05-24-2013, 01:23 PM
I can roll with that. Maybe coming out of the bullpen is his trigger.

maroonmania
05-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I'd start Evan. I would give him a quick hook if he comes out shaky. Since he won't be out there long enough to blow any chance we got, the reward could outweigh the risk.

I don't mind losing the SEC tourney but I really don't want to lose it because EM comes out and let's the opponent get a 3 or 4 run lead on us right off the bat because of a parade of charity walks from him.

msstate7
05-24-2013, 02:01 PM
I don't mind losing the SEC tourney but I really don't want to lose it because EM comes out and let's the opponent get a 3 or 4 run lead on us right off the bat because of a parade of charity walks from him.
When I meant a quick hook, I meant a quick hook. If he comes out and walks the first 2, I'd pull him. I'd have someone getting ready in the 1st.

CadaverDawg
05-24-2013, 02:02 PM
I wish Evan could start and just give us one time through the order....and then we could bring in Myles Gentry, and that would really F up the other teams' timing.

Sandman14
05-24-2013, 02:26 PM
they will have decided the national seeds before the championship game, so I'd throw evan mitchell and let him either whoop ass or get obliterated. No quick hook. either 5 innings or 8 runs, whichever comes first. his job is to eat innings and win if if he ever wants to see the mound again this year.

SaltyDawg
05-24-2013, 02:33 PM
I don't want Evan to start simply because if he throws well then Cohen might start trusting him more. We've gotten to this point without him, so keep him on the pine. He's had his opportunities and he's blown them. Simple as that.

batDAWGrilla
05-24-2013, 03:13 PM
But the reward of EM getting his confidence back could mean the difference in a run to Omaha. The dude has great talent, just needs some control on it.

SaltyDawg
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
But the reward of EM getting his confidence back could mean the difference in a run to Omaha. The dude has great talent, just needs some control on it.

So you'd trust Evan out of the bullpen in a tough situation after one good start in the SEC Tourney?

theloungeinleft
05-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Agreed.