PDA

View Full Version : It's always nice to get thrown under the bus...

BeardoMSU
09-11-2014, 01:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/88320/sec-slant-more-to-the-story-scheduling

CadaverDawg
09-11-2014, 01:36 PM
How dumb. Call us cowardly, while we call it smart. We can play 4 cupcakes and still get in the playoff due to ourSEC slate...so why should we play tougher OOC teams? No seriously, why? Is our goal to win a National Title, or to make PAC 12 and ESPN people say "MSU played a tough schedule OOC"?

I mean, this could not be a more irrelevant article. Bitch about someone's schedule that can't still win a Title due to it...hint: they won't reside in the SEC. We shouldn't apologize for shit. I wish we could play 4 cupcakes every single year

LC Dawg
09-11-2014, 01:39 PM
This can't be true. We've had 14 FCS opponents in 10 years?

TheRef
09-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Haters gonna hate.

engie
09-11-2014, 01:45 PM

It's not. Factually incorrect. We've played 10 in 10 years.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2014, 01:48 PM
If the other leagues weren't so weak they wouldn't have to whine about the SEC not playing tougher occ games. It gets old after a while.

messageboardsuperhero
09-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Yeah, I don't see any way that we've played 14 FCS teams in 10 years. Just by looking back at the schedules, we've played exactly one FCS team every year since 2005... So there's no way that number is right.

dawgs
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
If the other leagues weren't so weak they wouldn't have to whine about the SEC not playing tougher occ games. It gets old after a while.

Some of the other big 5 conferences aren't nearly as weak as you make then out to be. Playing 9 PAC 12 games is damn tough for anyone.

WinningIsRelentless
09-11-2014, 02:01 PM
When we put usm on the schedule they didn't suck hell it might have been the year they were a win away from a bcs bowl. We can't control how schools turn out when we schedule games with them that are 5 years out.

curmudgeon
09-11-2014, 02:12 PM
In the last 10 years, we also are the only team in history to play 7 10-win teams in one season (2013) and three BCS bowl teams in one season (2009).

LC Dawg
09-11-2014, 02:17 PM
It's not. Factually incorrect. We've played 10 in 10 years.

Yeah, I don't see any way that we've played 14 FCS teams in 10 years. Just by looking back at the schedules, we've played exactly one FCS team every year since 2005... So there's no way that number is right.

Thanks. I thought we had one a year. It pisses me off that someone writes fictional facts about us and makes us look bad.

Spider-Man
09-11-2014, 02:19 PM
They are probably counting South Alabama as an FCS opponent in 2012. Weren't they in transition then?

Even then, that's 12 since 2004.

messageboardsuperhero
09-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks. I thought we had one a year. It pisses me off that someone writes fictional facts about us and makes us look bad.

I guess it's now okay for a sports writer to just pull arbitrary numbers out of his ass. There is zero accountability in that profession these days.

mic
09-11-2014, 02:26 PM

Bama plays 3 cupcakes every year .. Stupid article.. When that usm series was scheduled they were a constant 9 win team ..

Original48
09-11-2014, 02:43 PM
We HAVE to schedule 3 or 4 OOC games like that. Because we don't have an ENTIRE schedule like THIS..
http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/194/ohio-state-buckeyes

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2014, 03:02 PM
I should have known better but I commented on that article. Now I have some stupid UF fan trying to argue with me about schedules and how we are the joke of the SEC. Only thing he has to hang his hat on is getting drummed by FSU every year.

CadaverDawg
09-11-2014, 03:06 PM
I should have known better but I commented on that article. Now I have some stupid UF fan trying to argue with me about schedules and how we are the joke of the SEC. Only thing he has to hang his hat on is getting drummed by FSU every year.

What does that make them? They sure have lost a lot to us over the years when they were supposed to be good. Plus, didn't they miss a bowl last year? They truly were the joke of the SEC last year

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2014, 03:49 PM
What does that make them? They sure have lost a lot to us over the years when they were supposed to be good. Plus, didn't they miss a bowl last year? They truly were the joke of the SEC last year

After I made the FSU comment and asked if Muschamp had taught his linemen not to block each other he has been silent.

BeastMan
09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
This is actually this guy's 2nd factually incorrect statement about MSU since summer. First was shorting Dak's total TDs (which I pointed out and he didn't correct) and he did not edit the story.

BulldogBear
09-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Actually I love this. They are already getting the excuses and asteriks ready. That means fear people. Fear that little ol' mitipi 'tate ain't gonna roll over this year. YES, the schedule favors us. Can't help that. But the real complaint is that we don't suck so we're likely to actually win 8-11 games reg season.

ETA: In two weeks Florida will be glad they're playing LSU instead of us.

PMDawg
09-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Some of the other big 5 conferences aren't nearly as weak as you make then out to be. Playing 9 PAC 12 games is damn tough for anyone.

Depends on which 9. I agree pac 12 is close to on par with SEC, but the 9 vs 8 thing is stupid. Nobody made them play 9, it was their choice. So now dont bitch about it.

Dawgcentral
09-11-2014, 05:28 PM
SEC dominance, especially the West, is encouraging people to sit back and try rationalize just why this is taking place. The fact is the region produces exceptional athletes. And the Eastern division has simply slipped a bit the past few years.

The southeast USA is all about college football. It's not because we have only 2-5 NFL teams within the region, it's because college football is freaking' fantastic, and the rest of the country doesn't appreciate it like we do. We tithe to it like a church. We spend our vacation time traveling to games and staying in town. We save that same budget allowance and vacation time for bowl games. We hold off on Christmas and NewYears plans due to the schedule.

I met a guy from Ohio on a hike in the Smokeys. While we hiked along, he told me about driving through the southeast in early summer, and he was shocked at hearing sports talk radio on local stations that constantly talked about college football. The simple fact is that THIS IS OUR SPORT. Win or lose, it is the Southeast who holds the real passion and desire to win.

Coach34
09-11-2014, 05:35 PM
We have more top 15 teams on our schedule than Bama, LSU, and A&M does. They can go **** themselves