PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report Picks USA to win

Dawgtini
09-11-2014, 12:32 PM
28-23 The Jags are sure hyped about it LINK (http://southalabama.247sports.com/Board/South-Alabama-Jaguars-Message-Board-Forum-59456)

Something about Finebaum picking them too ???

msstate7
09-11-2014, 12:34 PM
And these are the people we're mad at for not hyping us. These people are idiots

AFDawg
09-11-2014, 12:36 PM
I submit without comment this genuine picture of the author.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/480833323623657472/kmI0A7wB.jpeg

maroonmania
09-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Yep they did.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2186171-college-football-picks-week-3-predictions-for-every-game#articles/2186171-college-football-picks-week-3-predictions-for-every-game

thf24
09-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Not surprising. Perception is reality for outsiders, and ours took a pretty big dent after last week.

ETA: Still, that's pretty bad even for a low-information media type. There's even bears in the comments saying how stupid that pick is.

dawgs
And this is what experimenting around against teams you should beat by 40 will do for perception.

missouridawg
28-23 The Jags are sure hyped about it LINK (http://southalabama.247sports.com/Board/South-Alabama-Jaguars-Message-Board-Forum-59456)

Something about Finebaum picking them too ???

They pick against us to generate clicks. And they succeeded at dragging you clowns to their site. Stop taking the bait.

hailmari
09-11-2014, 12:40 PM
BR be trolling

msstate7
09-11-2014, 12:42 PM
And this is what experimenting around against teams you should beat by 40 will do for perception.

So does perception start the game with us down 14-0? I could care less what their perception of us is. After we rape USA this sat, these clowns that predicted us to lose will have the perception problem not us

CadaverDawg
09-11-2014, 12:48 PM
http://laurendennehy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/5109cc1261aefc313acc672490653530be32ce960333b90199 16554165adf271.jpg

BeardoMSU
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM
So does perception start the game with us down 14-0? I could care less what their perception of us is. After we rape USA this sat, these clowns that predicted us to lose will have the perception problem not us

Ouch. That's gonna hurt come Sunday.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6wauqEO9E1qf2y2ko5_400.gif

Dawgtini
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM

Agreed. Problem is they will still say crap like "Dak is injury prone and managed to make it through one more game, but LSU will kill them based on the fact they didn't blow out UAB/USA" Rinse/Repeat. A win in BR will cure all of these problems with perception.

starkvegasdawg
09-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Here's what BR can go do to me...

http://image.newslinq.com/1.gif

codeDawg
09-11-2014, 12:56 PM
They pick against us to generate clicks. And they succeeded at dragging you clowns to their site. Stop taking the bait.

Exactly. If you don't pick any upsets, you're not getting any clicks. We're easy pickings this week after the UAB experiment. People need to quit letting themselves get trolled. i.e. Sally Barrett.

maroonmania
09-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I'm just ready to get this game over with and come out of Mobile with a win. There really is NOTHING to gain for us tomorrow and a LOT to lose. Get to 3-0 and then the next 3 all present golden opportunities to REALLY boost our stock but losing any of the 3 doesn't destroy the season like a loss this Saturday could.

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 01:06 PM
BR be trolling

no. they just literally are that lazy. They have no clue that Dak scores TDs on 75% of his drives and hasn't played but about 4 quarters total up to this point. They're ignorant and going off of pure score lines... but people apparently still read it and they make their money, so kudos to them.

TXDawg
09-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Not surprising. Perception is reality for outsiders, and ours took a pretty big dent after last week.

THIS +1,000

Crap like this is why you don't screw around with the easy games. Take a look at ESPN's SEC Blog or the SECN video feed and compare the number of articles/posts about us with the numbers for LSU, UGA, Bama, TAMU, OM, etc. We get an article about out 2-for-1 series with USA while OM gets "Film Session" episodes with some idiot creaming all over Freeze and Bo.

If we want to be considered one of the big boys, we have to act like it and crush our weak OOC opponents.

msstate7
09-11-2014, 01:11 PM
THIS +1,000

Crap like this is why you don't screw around with the easy games. Take a look at ESPN's SEC Blog or the SECN video feed and compare the number of articles/posts about us with the numbers for LSU, UGA, Bama, TAMU, OM, etc. We get an article about out 2-for-1 series with USA while OM gets "Film Session" episodes with some idiot creaming all over Freeze and Bo.

If we want to be considered one of the big boys, we have to act like it and crush our weak OOC opponents.

Just wondering would you rather face lsu with us being talked about as an sec contender or the team that barely beat uab? I don't like that we let uab hang around too much, but it could benefit us next week. Hard to get the young tigers up for lowly msu

MarketingBully01
09-11-2014, 01:11 PM
They are trolling for hits...no idiot in their right mind would pick USA over us.

borne
09-11-2014, 01:12 PM
We should expect articles like this until we blow out teams like UAB at home like we're supposed to. Dan is inviting it with the rotations. We cannot complain about the lack of hype when we are putting that product on the field on Saturdays

dawgs
Exactly. If you don't pick any upsets, you're not getting any clicks. We're easy pickings this week after the UAB experiment. People need to quit letting themselves get trolled. i.e. Sally Barrett.

Well we gave them the ammo to disrespect us by dicking around with uab. We were clearly a superior team by 4+ TDs, but we wanted to dick around and give non-believers more ammo. I'm tired of being the damn program that's disrespected.

maroonmania
THIS +1,000

And just to lay it out there, do you really think LSU or Auburn or Alabama or TA&M would have only beaten UAB by 13 at home? No, they likely would all have crushed UAB, and so us only winning by 13 just reinforces to outsiders that we aren't in the league with the best of the SEC West.

Dawgface
09-11-2014, 01:13 PM
They probably read where Dan plans to continue with the rotating of players. And figure with the game being in Mobile their chances are better for an upset. Not that big of a stretc if he plays Williams and the 2nd string D a lot.

dawgs
09-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Just wondering would you rather face lsu with us being talked about as an sec contender or the team that barely beat uab? I don't like that we let uab hang around too much, but it could benefit us next week. Hard to get the young tigers up for lowly msu

I would rather us beat the shit out of teams we should beat the shit out of. You don't see Bama or lsu or Oregon or f$u or whoever needing to sandbag so the good teams won't get up for them, they just go out and beat ass.

mstatefan91
09-11-2014, 01:17 PM
They probably read where Dan plans to continue with the rotating of players. And figure with the game being in Mobile their chances are better for an upset. Not that big of a stretc if he plays Williams and the 2nd string D a lot.

The 2nd string D is fine. Shore up the secondary and there is hardly any drop off between 1st and 2nd D.

2nd string offense however....

msstate7
09-11-2014, 01:17 PM
I would rather us beat the shit out of teams we should beat the shit out of. You don't see Bama or lsu or Oregon or f$u or whoever needing to sandbag so the good teams won't get up for them, they just go out and beat ass.

Those schools recruit much better. They have game ready players. We have to develop our guys

dawgs
09-11-2014, 01:18 PM
And just to lay it out there, do you really think LSU or Auburn or Alabama or TA&M would have only beaten UAB by 13 at home? No, they likely would all have crushed UAB, and so us only winning by 13 just reinforces to outsiders that we aren't in the league with the best of the SEC West.

We also probably played better against uab than ole miss did against Boise (at least our 1st team), but because ole miss pulled away in the 4th instead of coasting in the 4th like we did, that final score looked prettier for ole miss.

Just another example of msu being clueless or willfully ignorant of the power of perception.

TXDawg
09-11-2014, 01:20 PM

That may be the only benefit, but I'm sure Les will have them ready no matter what ESPN or SECN is saying about us. SEC home opener at night in the newly renovated stadium??? They'll be ready. I just hope we are.

Bully Dee Williams
09-11-2014, 01:22 PM
The hardest part about being an MSU fan is dealing with never happy MSU fans. At this point in the season, who cares what anyone says? We will never draw national media attention with these non-conference games. It is a no win situation for us. If the game is close, the media says,"well, they are who we thought they were?" If we blow them out, the media says,"it doesn't mean anything because the opponent was a cupcake." Heck, after week 1 Penis Finebaum said that MSU was for real. Now he says that we are who he thought we were. Once again, no one should care what outsiders say? We win and the rest will take care of itself. We are only in week 3, people!

Some of you act as if you woke up this morning and learned abut MSU football for the very first time. We make or break ourselves in conference, plain and simple.

And perception is not reality....I have always found that to be a ridiculous saying. By saying "perception is reality," you give power to other people to determine your identity. Reality is reality! We are the ones responsible for making our reality a reality. It's time for MSU fans to make our reality one of not giving a crap about what anyone says about us. Let's just go win some games!

TXDawg
09-11-2014, 01:23 PM
Delete...

Got my teams mixed up. Bama plays USM, not UAB.

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 01:24 PM
I was going to wait for the bitchfest after our win Saturday to post this... but maybe it needs to be said now:

2013 Auburn first four weeks of the season:
Beat a bad Washington State team by 7, at home.
Beat Ark State handily.
Beat a barely bowl eligible Miss State team by 4 with 11 seconds left, at home.
Lost to LSU by 2 touchdowns.

After four weeks they thought they sucked again.... then they played for a Natty.

No one remembers the crappy games you barely won. They remember the big games you do win. Pollsters don't care about the crap games. It's the big games that define your season. Winning an OOC by 27 or 7 is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

The beauty of this is that we are 22 deep right now on both sides of the ball. Our first 11 aren't banged up as bad as they'd otherwise be. We've got some young guys experience. We have more players to evaluate in game situations.

All of that is going to help against the gauntlet of LSU, A&M, and Auburn.

chainedup_Dawg
09-11-2014, 01:24 PM
reading Bleacher Report...

mstatefan91
09-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Delete...

Got my teams mixed up. Bama plays USM, not UAB.

I was about to correct you. lol

Bully Dee Williams
09-11-2014, 01:26 PM
I was going to wait for the bitchfest after our win Saturday to post this... but maybe it needs to be said now:

Beat Ark State handily.

After four weeks they thought they sucked again.... then they played for a Natty.

No one remembers the crappy games you barely won. They remember the big games you do win. Pollsters don't care about the crap games. It's the big games that define your season. Winning an OOC by 27 or 7 is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

The beauty of this is that we are 22 deep right now on both sides of the ball. Our first 11 aren't banged up as bad as they'd otherwise be. We've got some young guys experience. We have more players to evaluate in game situations.

THANK YOU!!!!

dawgs
The hardest part about being an MSU fan is dealing with never happy MSU fans. At this point in the season, who cares what anyone says? We will never draw national media attention with these non-conference games. It is a no win situation for us. If the game is close, the media says,"well, they are who we thought they were?" If we blow them out, the media says,"it doesn't mean anything because the opponent was a cupcake." Heck, after week 1 Penis Finebaum said that MSU was for real. Now he says that we are who he thought we were. Once again, no one should care what outsiders say? We win and the rest will take care of itself. We are only in week 3, people!

Some of you act as if you woke up this morning and learned abut MSU football for the very first time. We make or break ourselves in conference, plain and simple.

And perception is not reality....I have always found that to be a ridiculous saying. By saying "perception is reality," you give power to other people to determine your identity. Reality is reality! We are the ones responsible for making our reality a reality. It's time for MSU fans to make our reality one of not giving a crap about what anyone says about us. Let's just go win some games!

Some of us are just sick of being disrespected as msu fans. We have a team that could/should be beating these teams by 40 points, and while it may not be earning us any respect since they're cupcakes, at least we aren't going backwards on the respect scale if we win like we could/should.

LC Dawg
Can someone make it so that when someone types Bleacher Report it shows up as Piece of Shit Online Rag.

msstate7
09-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Some of us are just sick of being disrespected as msu fans. We have a team that could/should be beating these teams by 40 points, and while it may not be earning us any respect since they're cupcakes, at least we aren't going backwards on the respect scale.

I can understand that.

If bama beats usm 49-7 this week will our perception go up? No it won't even though we beat usm worse.

Lloyd Christmas
09-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Some of us are just sick of being disrespected as msu fans. We have a team that could/should be beating these teams by 40 points, and while it may not be earning us any respect since they're cupcakes, at least we aren't going backwards on the respect scale if we win like we could/should.

This all day. We can rag on Ole Miss for being a perception over reality institution, but they will host Gameday after beating nobody. We are our own worst enemies.

BeardoMSU
09-11-2014, 01:37 PM

Beat Ark State handily.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Huge-Academy-Award-Worthy-Clapping-MRW-Gif.gif

Bully Dee Williams
09-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Some of us are just sick of being disrespected as msu fans. We have a team that could/should be beating these teams by 40 points, and while it may not be earning us any respect since they're cupcakes, at least we aren't going backwards on the respect scale.

The only person making you feel disrespected is you. You control how you feel. Take that feeling of disrespect and turn it into something positive. I don't give a crap what people say we are or we aren't. We keep winning and these pundits will shut up. Why waste your time being frustrated about things that are completely out of your control?

dawgs
09-11-2014, 01:48 PM

Beat Ark State handily.

I agree to an extent, but I would prefer if we built a 40 point lead, subbing in INDIVIDUAL 2nd and 3rd stringers here and there to mix them in, but save the full rotations for after we've made our statement. It'd be better to get the 2nd and 3rd stringers playing time with the starters anyway so they can get used to playing with those guys since it's highly unlikely the whole 1st string will be out with injuries, necessitating a full starting lineup of 2nd team guys.

dawgs
09-11-2014, 01:51 PM
The only person making you feel disrespected is you. You control how you feel. Take that feeling of disrespect and turn it into something positive. I don't give a crap what people say we are or we aren't. We keep winning and these pundits will shut up. Why waste your time being frustrated about things that are completely out of your control?

Because for once I'd like to see my team get props and win something of substance? I can't tell you how many people I talk to outside the south that think ole miss the dominant program in the state over the last 25 years. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? No. Would it feel good to get some respect? Yes.

Also note that CFB respect ranks pretty low on what actually affects my day to day life, but we're talking about CFB on a message board, so it's going to sound like my whole life rises and falls with msu football.

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 01:53 PM
I agree to an extent, but I would prefer if we built a 40 point lead, subbing in INDIVIDUAL 2nd and 3rd stringers here and there to mix them in, but save the full rotations for after we've made our statement. It'd be better to get the 2nd and 3rd stringers playing time with the starters anyway so they can get used to playing with those guys since it's highly unlikely the whole 1st string will be out with injuries, necessitating a full starting lineup of 2nd team guys.

takes less time to chop up film and evaluate those guys though. I get your point, but playing them en mass when the game is still in question is good for them and good for evals. Either way, we're winning and getting guys experience. CDM has never run up the score with 1st teamers outside of bowl games. Just not going to be in the cards for us as fans... and I'm ok with that so long as he continues to win.

dawgs
09-11-2014, 01:55 PM
takes less time to chop up film and evaluate those guys though. I get your point, but playing them en mass when the game is still in question is good for them and good for evals. Either way, we're winning and getting guys experience. CDM has never run up the score with 1st teamers outside of bowl games. Just not going to be in the cards for us as fans... and I'm ok with that so long as he continues to win.

To me, running up the score on clearly inferior opponents is a sign of being a damn good team. Year in, year out, the best teams go out and run up the score. Teams that let bad teams linger end up dropping more games than those the blow them away.

Bully Dee Williams
09-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Because for once I'd like to see my team get props and win something of substance? I can't tell you how many people I talk to outside the south that think ole miss the dominant program in the state over the last 25 years. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? No. Would it feel good to get some respect? Yes.

Also note that CFB respect ranks pretty low on what actually affects my day to day life, but we're talking about CFB on a message board, so it's going to sound like my whole life rises and falls with msu football.

I understand wanting to get the props. But, do you honestly believe we would be getting that much more recognition at this point in the season? We were never going to be taken seriously until we showed up and won conference games. I'm sorry. I refused to get worked up over anything short of a loss at this point in the season.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I think in todays new bowl and National Championship perception is really going to matter. Mullen better wake up and understand that he needs to beat the crap out of teams when he can.

shoeless joe
09-11-2014, 02:16 PM

When we win something of substance (LSU game) we'll get props.

dawgs
09-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I understand wanting to get the props. But, do you honestly believe we would be getting that much more recognition at this point in the season? We were never going to be taken seriously until we showed up and won conference games. I'm sorry. I refused to get worked up over anything short of a loss at this point in the season.

I already said we wouldn't get props for beating uab by 40, but we sure wouldn't be sliding backwards on the respect scale. We might as well be coming off a 3-9 season with no expectations the way we've been talked about following that uab game.

tcdog70
09-11-2014, 02:41 PM

well said.. who gives a flying turd what some clueless dickwad on BR says. Just beat the teams you are supposed to beat (Dan does it). Get your Total team ready to play meaningful snaps in the Toughest division in the USA. Dan knows to beat the LSUs and Bamas you have to have depth that can play under pressure. You have to not show all your cards. Who really is going to remember that we beat UAB by 13 or 30. Just get the win and move on.

engie
09-11-2014, 03:14 PM
I think in todays new bowl and National Championship perception is really going to matter. Mullen better wake up and understand that he needs to beat the crap out of teams when he can.

We're in the SEC. We win it and we are going to make the playoffs 100 times out of 100.

Dawgtini
09-11-2014, 03:22 PM
We're in the SEC. We win it and we are going to make the playoffs 100 times out of 100.

+1
Ed Zackerly!

BulldogBear
09-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Can someone make it so that when someone types Bleacher Report it shows up as Piece of Shit Online Rag.

+1 yes, please, and thank you

BulldogBear
09-11-2014, 03:45 PM
I already said we wouldn't get props for beating uab by 40, but we sure wouldn't be sliding backwards on the respect scale. We might as well be coming off a 3-9 season with no expectations the way we've been talked about following that uab game.

Chizik was the only guy (I think) that basically said to 'em all regarding the UAB game's supposedly exposing us: "nothing to see here." Not his actualy words but in other words he gets it.

drunkernhelldawg
09-11-2014, 03:53 PM
If we win, everybody will forget about. If we lose, they are geniuses. Safe, high return bet for them.

fishwater99
09-11-2014, 03:58 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/09/10/msu-continue-rotations-vs-south-alabama/15391679/

Well Dan is going to keep the rotations this weekend. We will see Williams in the 1st quarter...

chef dixon
09-11-2014, 04:05 PM
There is simply too much time in between games to linger and talk about this stuff. I don't care if we beat UT Martin by 1 if we beat LSU by 1 too.

mstatefan91
09-11-2014, 04:08 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/09/10/msu-continue-rotations-vs-south-alabama/15391679/

Well Dan is going to keep the rotations this weekend. We will see Williams in the 1st quarter...

We all know this. This was in a thread yesterday. Can we, for the love of everything that is good, quit bringing it up? We have had 5 days of arguments over it. It has gotten tiresome.

(I say this while knowing that even if we don't discuss it the rest of today or tomorrow that it will all get brought up again Saturday as soon as Damien trots out on the field... can we please just go ahead and play LSU????)

yjnkdawg
09-11-2014, 04:19 PM
Seems like anybody can write (not a journalist) an article on Bleacher Report. No qualifications necessary or required.

RougeDawg
09-11-2014, 04:31 PM
When we win something of substance (LSU game) we'll get props.

No you're wrong. The narratfe will be exactly this "LSU is young and inexperienced and were overrated. Wisconsin and the Big 10 have shown the are much weaker this year as the weakest power 5 conference. MSU just got lucky to play an inexperienced team that hadn't really been tested, early in the season." Then it will be the same rhetoric if we beat A&M "USC is overrated and UGA is only contender in east. A&M was overrated and hadn't really played anyone, plus game was on the road." If you don't think these will be the narratives you are kidding yourself, especially since Dan isn't blowing out the teams he should be blowing out. Some of you need to get off your high horse and accept the reality that is our perception no matter if we beat LSU or not. Just look at when we beat UGA and Florida in the swamp. This e only reason those two occurred were because they "were obviously down" and "MSU got lucky to play then when they did."

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 04:36 PM
No you're wrong. The narratfe will be exactly this "LSU is young and inexperienced and were overrated. Wisconsin and the Big 10 have shown the are much weaker this year as the weakest power 5 conference. MSU just got lucky to play an inexperienced team that hadn't really been tested, early in the season." Then it will be the same rhetoric if we beat A&M "USC is overrated and UGA is only contender in east. A&M was overrated and hadn't really played anyone, plus game was on the road." If you don't think these will be the narratives you are kidding yourself, especially since Dan isn't blowing out the teams he should be blowing out. Some of you need to get off your high horse and accept the reality that is our perception no matter if we beat LSU or not. Just look at when we beat UGA and Florida in the swamp. This e only reason those two occurred were because they "were obviously down" and "MSU got lucky to play then when they did."

you're right. there's nothing that can be done. may as well give up.***

engie
09-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Thanks. We got it the first 24 times you told us.

engie
09-11-2014, 05:12 PM

Yep -- Grand anti-MSU conspiracy. You nailed it. Holy.Shit.

Coach34
09-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Awesome. Let's see what we do Saturday to such a good team

Bully Dee Williams
09-11-2014, 05:45 PM
you're right. there's nothing that can be done. may as well give up.***

Yup, season's over. Pack it in, Mullen.****

I was just looking at some interesting stats that are related to this whole idea of perception vs. reality. I am going to place some numbers for two anonymous teams that are going in different trajectories according to the media experts.

Team #1:
#3 in SEC, #18 in country in rushing
allowed 4 sacks, allowed 7 tackles for loss (tied 8th for fewest sacks allowed, tied for 6th fewest tackles for loss)
least penalized team in the conference and top 3 least penalized teams in the country (6/62 yes.)
Defense: 5 sacks, 18 tackles for loss (tied for 5th most sacks in SEC, #1 most tackles for loss in SEC)

Team #2:
#12 in SEC, #96 in country in rushing
allowed 5 sacks, allowed 19 tackles for loss (tied for 9th for fewest sacks allowed, #1 most tackles for loss allowed)
most penalized team in the conference and top 10 most penalized in the country.
Defense: 4 sacks, 14 tackles for loss (tied for 6th most sacks in SEC, #8 most tackles for loss in SEC)

Which one is receiving the "media love" and which one is "who we thought they were"?

RougeDawg
09-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Yep -- Grand anti-MSU conspiracy. You nailed it. Holy.Shit.

It's called using historical evidence to make an educated conclusion you moron. You love to use stats so you should for one understand, but your ego gets ahead of your brain more times than not.

Every time we've beaten someone good or that we hadn't gotten over the hump with, the media downplays it with the "so and so is down and/or inexperienced" or "MSU caught them at a good time" or "It was ________ worst game of career" or "Mullen has yet to beat a team ranked one spot higher than the team he just beat" and on and on. Only once have i seen the "MSU is a talented team and beat a talented team" when we beat Michigan and even some media members chalked it up as Michigan being overrated. It's not difficult to see. OM beats LSU by 3 in Mett's worst game of career (3 picks into endzone when LSU was about to score) and finishes with one more win than us. We beat them head to head, yet they are preseason ranked 18 spots ahead of us? You mean to tell me the overall perception of our program isn't exactly the way I have explained it, with actual things that were said after we beat good teams in recent memory? If Florida or UGA beat us those games, they are still thought of as pretty decent teams those years, but since the perception is that MSU cannot be that good, the other teams must be down for MSU to have beaten them. I'm sorry it's difficult for you to comprehend how people in the media word things based on the perceptions they have developed in their minds over the years.

QuadrupleOption
09-12-2014, 09:03 AM
It's called using historical evidence to make an educated conclusion you moron. You love to use stats so you should for one understand, but your ego gets ahead of your brain more times than not.

Every time we've beaten someone good or that we hadn't gotten over the hump with, the media downplays it with the "so and so is down and/or inexperienced" or "MSU caught them at a good time" or "It was ________ worst game of career" or "Mullen has yet to beat a team ranked one spot higher than the team he just beat" and on and on. Only once have i seen the "MSU is a talented team and beat a talented team" when we beat Michigan and even some media members chalked it up as Michigan being overrated. It's not difficult to see. OM beats LSU by 3 in Mett's worst game of career (3 picks into endzone when LSU was about to score) and finishes with one more win than us. We beat them head to head, yet they are preseason ranked 18 spots ahead of us? You mean to tell me the overall perception of our program isn't exactly the way I have explained it, with actual things that were said after we beat good teams in recent memory? If Florida or UGA beat us those games, they are still thought of as pretty decent teams those years, but since the perception is that MSU cannot be that good, the other teams must be down for MSU to have beaten them. I'm sorry it's difficult for you to comprehend how people in the media word things based on the perceptions they have developed in their minds over the years.

By media you mean TSUN fans, right? Because all that shit has come from them and ***** MSU fans looking to get Mullen fired last year. IDGAF what anyone says, beating Georgia and Florida (at Florida) is an accomplishment.

If we had lost those games in 2010 instead of winning them, Florida ends up 8-4 in the regular season (OMG THEY TOTALLY SUCKED) and Georgia ends up 7-5. Georgia may also actually show up to play in their bowl game instead of acting like a bunch of entitled pricks and getting beat.

What that means is we beat two pretty good teams that year. **** what everyone else says. Guess what? If you are looking for validation from TSUN fans or Barrett Sallee you will be waiting a long ****ing time.

If we beat LSU, A&M, and Auburn that's 3 wins over top 25 teams. WE WILL BE RANKED and everyone will start sucking your dick, which is apparently what you crave.

ETA: Got Florida's final record wrong but the point is still valid.

engie
09-12-2014, 09:20 AM
What gets in the way of your brain when 80% of your posts are totally ridiculous and cringe-worthy?

Every time we've beaten someone good or that we hadn't gotten over the hump with, the media downplays it with the "so and so is down and/or inexperienced" or "MSU caught them at a good time" or "It was ________ worst game of career" or "Mullen has yet to beat a team ranked one spot higher than the team he just beat" and on and on.
MAYYYYYBE that's because Mullen hasn't beaten a truly good team yet? NOOO that couldn't be it. They are just making up reasons to keep MSU down in a grand conspiracy. Nevermind the one year that we beat a couple of "names" and were the damn media darling of the SEC the entire off-season before finishing top 15 and being preseason top 15 the next year. Guess you skipped that one huh? But don't let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy.

Only once have i seen the "MSU is a talented team and beat a talented team" when we beat Michigan and even some media members chalked it up as Michigan being overrated.
Hate to tell you -- that Michigan team sucked. They fired the coach the next day. Went 7-6 in a B1G that was total, TOTAL shit that year. Your panties are in a wad because they didn't fellate us after the game? Oh -- but they ranked us in the top 15 preseason the next year? So, which is it?

It's not difficult to see. OM beats LSU by 3 in Mett's worst game of career (3 picks into endzone when LSU was about to score) and finishes with one more win than us. We beat them head to head, yet they are preseason ranked 18 spots ahead of us?
They weren't preseason ranked 18 spots ahead of us. But, yeah, their LSU win trumps every win Mullen has had at MSU. IDGAF about "Mett's worst career game". Know who else had a "worst career game"? AJ McCarron against us in Starkville. Yet we had to have an offensive lineman score our only TD which was fumbled into the endzone. We HAVE HAD OPPORTUNITIES. A bunch of them. We've lost them all. So when the country is on the bandwagon and we can't beat a decent-at-best AU team in Jordan Hare -- it gets a little harder to jump on a bandwagon.

Some of you are total idiots. Mullen hasn't beaten a top 20 team. That's a 25ish game sample size. And you think it's a CONSPIRACY when these media members don't pick us as contenders or don't pick us to beat these teams? Logic much?

You mean to tell me the overall perception of our program isn't exactly the way I have explained it, with actual things that were said after we beat good teams in recent memory?
We haven't beaten good teams in recent memory.

If Florida or UGA beat us those games, they are still thought of as pretty decent teams those years, but since the perception is that MSU cannot be that good, the other teams must be down for MSU to have beaten them.
They went 6-7 and 8-5. Florida got blown out 3 times that year. Georgia failed to punch it in to the endzone even once against damn Central Florida. They lost to COLORADO who wasn't even a bowl team. Neither of those teams were very good.

I'm sorry it's difficult for you to comprehend how people in the media word things based on the perceptions they have developed in their minds over the years.
I'm sorry a logical approach is too difficult for you -- so it's a grand conspiracy theory. If things are "based on perceptions over the years" -- then that's more reason for there not to be any real OM bias. They haven't won shit in any of these sportswriters' lifetimes. But I already know you exercise extremely selective hearing -- because all you hear from media is the shots while ignoring the praise.