PDA

View Full Version : Collins Interview

MaxedOutMaroon
09-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Great points here if you somehow lost faith in Collins.
I totally forgot about their running attack coming into the game. We will adjust.
dlvr.it/6tBF8z

Sorry if the link doesnt work

TrapGame
09-11-2014, 10:21 AM
It was mentioned on another site that Mullen and staff had limited film on UAB's new coach and used last yrs UAB film to game plan. They planned for a running attack b/c that's what UAB primarily did last yr. Mullen had no idea Briscoe could sling it like that.

engie
09-11-2014, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0GLqJR1DQ#t=19

MaxedOutMaroon
09-11-2014, 10:32 AM
Thanks Engie

Tough Dawg
09-11-2014, 10:42 AM
So impressed with this guy. His interviews come off very genuine and I'm sure that gives him the ability to really relate with the players.

DawgInMemphis
09-11-2014, 10:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL0GLqJR1DQ#t=19

Tough not to like this guy.

borne
09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
I'd play for him

maroonmania
09-11-2014, 11:38 AM
We will definitely have to start adjusting more IN games when we see folks take advantage of our schemes coming in like UAB did this past weekend. If you remember last year we stocked up on the run against Auburn and even Nick Marshall still torched us in the passing game. I've rewatched the first half of the UAB game and it was interesting that on the first UAB TD (the 88 yarder) all UAB did was max protect with 8 people and send the 2 WRs lined up to the left both on deep patterns. We sent 5 guys on the pass rush with Calhoun taking one receiver going deep and Jay Hughes picking up the other and of course Calhoun got burned for the TD. HOWEVER, we had FOUR guys (2 LBs and 2 DBs) all sitting in a zone about 7 yards behind the LOS doing NOTHING. They weren't rushing the QB and there was nobody there for them to play pass coverage against, they were just useless guys standing on the field on that play. Really unforgiveable there that at least one of the 2 additional DBs we had on the play didn't follow in coverage of the 2 WRs and help out Calhoun and Hughes. Our front seven is good enough that we don't need to risk getting burned like that by playing our safeties THAT far up in the box. No excuse for it. We could have easily stopped UAB's running game without the additional help from the secondary.

1bigdawg
09-11-2014, 12:31 PM
If you remember last year we stocked up on the run against Auburn and even Nick Marshall still torched us in the passing game.

While we may think of Marshall as primarily a runner, he holds the Georgia state record for TD passes.

War Machine Dawg
09-11-2014, 01:19 PM
While we may think of Marshall as primarily a runner, he holds the Georgia state record for TD passes.

All the "Marshall can't pass, he's just a converted DB" talk has always been ridiculous. UGA initially recruited him as a QB.

Bully13
09-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Piss poor prep, ex?cution and adjustments by our coaches and players

mstatefan91
09-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Piss poor prep, ex?cution and adjustments by our coaches and players

For the pass, yes. For the run, no.

I think Geoff just went over this...

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 02:08 PM
All the "Marshall can't pass, he's just a converted DB" talk has always been ridiculous. UGA initially recruited him as a QB.

he's improved throwing the ball from last year to this A LOT. He looks totally different to me.

maroonmania
09-11-2014, 02:11 PM
For the pass, yes. For the run, no.

I think Geoff just went over this...

Nearly 550 yards allowed and 34 points. It was piss poor. Hopefully we learned something from it.

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 02:29 PM
top 20 in total offense and top 12 in scoring offense. He's got some room to breath.

mstatefan91
09-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Nearly 550 yards allowed and 34 points. It was piss poor. Hopefully we learned something from it.

550 yards. Most of which were gained on 4 or 5 bombs. That was the secondary and poor adjustments. That was piss poor

113 yards given up on the ground. That was not piss poor.

I agree. I hope we learned but the coaching plan was the right call. The DB's got beat after we shut down the run and Collins didn't adjust correctly after it became apparent that UAB was gonna keep throwing the bomb.

Bully13
09-11-2014, 03:00 PM
17 all of that...1 mistake is excusable...5 is ? pattern....every 17ing play counts and you better have your GD ass ready for each and every one. Excuses are for losers and pussies. Lets hope we we grow a cock and a pair of balls real soon or at least fasten a strapon and pretend to play big boy football.

mstatefan91
09-11-2014, 03:04 PM
17 all of that...1 mistake is excusable...5 is ? pattern....every 17ing play counts and you better have your GD ass ready for each and every one. Excuses are for losers and pussies. Lets hope we we grow a cock and a pair of balls real soon or at least fasten a strapon and pretend to play big boy football.

Where did I make an excuse? Just curious. Also curious where Collins made an excuse? He explained himself fairly well and admitted that the DB's got beat and that it was on him and them. You are just coming across as an internet dick

engie
09-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Bully13 is going full retard? Hold the phones...

MaxedOutMaroon
09-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Insert Billy Madison's "incoherent response" speech here. I really didn't understand a word he just said. We are all dumber after that response.

DawgPoundtheRock
09-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I'm amazed at how many of the posters on this board are at our practices everyday, sit in on coaches meeting, help with game planning, point out how we should have adjusted during games, and are have a first hand knowledge of exactly what is going on with our team. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it is the purpose of message boards to provide a forum for those opinions, it is fruitless to second guess coaches, practice or game situations.

What will this board be like next week if we continue to rotate players as we have done in the first two games and win 49-0 on the road?

Bully13
09-11-2014, 09:53 PM
I would like us to see us admit we've got some pass coverage issues instead of making excuses about how much we practiced against the run. quit making excuses and admit we've got some coaching issues in the secondary. fix it now and if you can't then admit you've got deficiencies. . we all saw some of this shit last year and now we're seeing it uhGAIN. fix the shit and quit making excuses...

Bully13
09-11-2014, 09:55 PM
that shit was some of the worst secondary coverage I've ever seen. I don't care if they were 2nd team... our defenders were not in the same zip code as the receivers. 17 practice and 17 how little you knew about what was coming.. we got skull 17'd in the secondary... case closed.. just shut the 17 up and fix it...