PDA

View Full Version : Stolen: Rank MSU and OM opponents so far

Alldawg
09-11-2014, 07:58 AM
1. Boise - They are not as good as they once were, but they will still win 9-10 games this year
2. UAB - Sure they keep it close, but it was not due to talent. A brain fart by a certain coach
3. Vandy - Torn on this one. They look awful. If I was a betting man, I would bet the house on UMass this week at +17. Again, I don't think it is a talent problem but more to do with coaches.
4. USM - one win in how long?

thf24
09-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Looks about right to me. Although I think Vandy/USM could be a knock-down drag-out slugfest of ineptitude for the ages.

Liverpooldawg
09-11-2014, 08:17 AM
If bosie plays a SEC schedule this year they win 5-6 games tops.

Bothrops
09-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Southern Miss has a better D-line than Vandy. I'd pick USM in a squeaker 20-17.

Alldawg
09-11-2014, 08:37 AM
If bosie plays a SEC schedule this year they win 5-6 games tops.

If UAB plays a SEC schedule this year, they will 1-2 games tops. What I don't get is how so many on here forget that UAB was a 2 win season last year and got beat down by USM 62-27.

mic
09-11-2014, 08:40 AM
If UAB plays a SEC schedule this year, they will 1-2 games tops. What I don't get is how so many on here forget that UAB was a 2 win season last year and got beat down by USM 62-27.

If boise played SEC schedule they wouldn't win many more.
And them losing to USM last year was just that Last year.
I'm not saying UAB is good. But they will be bowl eligible and right now they would roll Vandy..

msstate7
09-11-2014, 08:49 AM

I'm not saying uab is great, but they certainly aren't last year's uab. They have a new coach and they're half way to last year's win total. After the beat down of Troy (48-10), they played us pretty well even if Dan played with them some. Thru 2 games uab is averaging 42.5 pts/game. You say usm beat them down last year. What's the difference in scores of their common opponent this year? My point is last year means nothing this year

Coach34
09-11-2014, 08:54 AM

people forget Auburn won 2 games one year- changed coaches- and played for the NC the next year

what was your point?

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 09:17 AM
UAB vs Boise would be a great game. I'd have to give Boise the clear edge in rankings, but I think it would be a solid matchup.

Vandy and USM are both so bad it doesn't matter where you table them.

UMCDawg16
09-11-2014, 09:18 AM
people forget Auburn won 2 games one year- changed coaches- and played for the NC the next year

what was your point?

Too much common sense in this post, Coach...

Also, to whoever said UAB doesn't have any talent, their WR, #1 will be playing on sundays.

EAVdog
09-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Right now Vandy may be one of the most incompetent teams in America. Perhaps it's a situation of transitioning to an completely different scheme, poor coaching, bad personnel, or whatever who knows. They are Croomtastic without a decent Defense.

Should be a good breather before the Egg Bowl. They will have completely quit by then. It will be the Damien Williams show all day long.

sleepy dawg
09-11-2014, 10:37 AM
I agree with the order. Boise is way better than the rest of those. I think the other 3 could all beat each other on any given night though. Boise would beat all 3 of those most of the time.

sleepy dawg
09-11-2014, 10:41 AM
If you add in this weeks games, it makes it a bit more interesting. Now you have to start reaching for things:

Boise St.
USA
ULL - got crushed by La Tech
UAB
Vandy
Southern Miss

Bothrops
09-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Boise is not way better than UAB. UAB would score plenty of points on them.

msstate7
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Boise is not way better than UAB. UAB would score plenty of points on them.

I agree. Bo beat them downfield. Uab certainly would.

borne
09-11-2014, 11:16 AM
ULL is still a better team than USA though

Alldawg
09-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Nothing to argue with here. I think Boise is a step ahead of USA and ULL vs UAB would be a good one to watch.

If you add in this weeks games, it makes it a bit more interesting. Now you have to start reaching for things:

Boise St.
USA
ULL - got crushed by La Tech
UAB
Vandy
Southern Miss

Bully13
09-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Never underestimate what a new. Coach can do like 34 said about AU. mullen's first team was ? complete?180 from crooms last..shoulda won 7 that yr and coulda won 8.... Best damn 5-6 team in the last 25 yrs of college football in my opinion.

MetEdDawg
09-11-2014, 11:29 AM
Right now Vandy may be one of the most incompetent teams in America. Perhaps it's a situation of transitioning to an completely different scheme, poor coaching, bad personnel, or whatever who knows. They are Croomtastic without a decent Defense.

Should be a good breather before the Egg Bowl. They will have completely quit by then. It will be the Damien Williams show all day long.

People forget that Vandy had like 16 seniors on their 2 deep last year. It's tough enough to replace that many seniors, but when you have to replace a HC and learn a new scheme it makes it even more difficult. This was coming from day 1 when Franklin left and I'm surprised more people thought they would be good.

borne
09-11-2014, 11:31 AM
Vandy still has some talent on that team but they are a mess right now and not headed in the right direction (4 quarterbacks)

Alldawg
09-11-2014, 12:53 PM

what was your point? My point is, UAB ain't Auburn. Just because they played it close this week doesn't mean they are a 9-10 win team.

Spider-Man
09-11-2014, 12:57 PM
1 Boise State
2 UAB
3 Vanderbilt
4 USM

Coach34
09-11-2014, 06:48 PM
My point is, UAB ain't Auburn. Just because they played it close this week doesn't mean they are a 9-10 win team.

No, but my point is that teams with new, competent coaches can make big strides in a season. Like a shitty Ole Missus team going from 2 wins to 6 wins under Freezus, Mullen after Crooms, Sumlin after Sherman, and on and on

What UAB did last year is irrelevant when talking about this year. They are obviously very improved

Alldawg
09-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Agree to agree. I do think they could be a bowl team once it is all said and done. If Dan would have played the starters the first half, no doubt is would have been a 35-7 contest at halftime. With that in mind, I think UAB would have had their bubble burst and it would not have been a game. That is why I can't agree with the rotation.