PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Speaks

Bully Dee Williams
09-10-2014, 08:57 PM
If you have an account on 247, I think it's a good idea to go read Coach Sherrill latest article, especially if you are pissing and moaning. I would post direct quotes, but it is premium content.

Biggest Takeaways:
-Our 2 deep on defense is one of the top units in the league hands down. The talent is there to be a top team and there aren't many teams as good as us.
-Our current dine has the potential right now to be better than our dine in his 90s heyday.
-He isn't worried about the team after the first two weeks. UAB is what it is. He basically said the hardest games to coach are the ones where you are supposed to win by 30-40 points in less than ideal conditions. The most important thing is winning and getting into the conference schedule in good shape as a team.
-Our first team offense is living up to the hype, playing fast and physical football.
-His biggest concern for our team is coming away without points in the redzone. Can't leave points on the field in conference.

Long story short, people need to stop pissing and moaning about a game we won, played in 100 degree heat, against a vastly inferior opponent. We have a good team! Conference play is where rubber meets the road.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2014, 09:23 PM
He is right. The only way these games will be remembered in the long run is if we lose one of them. They best chance for that is this weekend. They are (to use my old football coach's favorite phrase) gonna be chunking babies out of the stands down there.

War Machine Dawg
09-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Hmmm.....that sounds familiar. Wonder where we've heard it before.......I'm sure it'll come to me eventually.