PDA

View Full Version : OM vs ULL

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Am I the only degenerate that feels really tempted to take Hud +27?

I know they got spanked last weekend, but that line is high. I'm not gonna do it, but I'm tempted. After all, Skip Holtz is a better coach than Freeze....and Skip only beat em by 21 or so.

CJDAWG85
09-10-2014, 07:29 PM
I read that ULL top WR is banged up. I'm not sure how I feel about this game yet.

engie
09-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Do it.

In the relatively small sample size on HUD, he seems to have a lot of Jackie in him. Upset wins and wtf losses. Them losing last week was the worst thing that could possibly happen for OM. Not calling a ULL victory -- but they are going to give OM a scare IMO

Radddawg
09-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Freeze has always beat up on nonconference teams since he's been in Oxford. The Texas team two years ago was the only one he played that actually had a pulse and the bears got dismantled by 5 or 6 TDs. He'll play his starters into the 4th quarter so it's a game I'd stay away from. The O/U total might be the safer bet.

engie
09-10-2014, 07:39 PM
http://goo.gl/EGUe4x

This seem like a guy that's about to get blown out two weekends in a row? Let's not forget the scare many of these same players have a Sugar Bowl bound Florida in the Swamp 2 short years ago...

OM would be well served to take this game dead friggin serious...

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 07:49 PM
http://goo.gl/EGUe4x

This seem like a guy that's about to get blown out two weekends in a row? Let's not forget the scare many of these same players have a Sugar Bowl bound Florida in the Swamp 2 short years ago...

OM would be well served to take this game dead friggin serious...

Am I the only one that notices that Hud looks like he is juicing? His head looks like he has been taking Barry bonds pills.

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I think it remains close too. Have for a while.

gravedigger
09-10-2014, 08:01 PM
Bad bad advice. Whether ull loses big or small has to do with whether they can score on om's defense. They cannot.

Now if you think om can't score on ull defense that is another thing. But some coaches will to compete will have no bearing.

Om will win big. By how much will depend on when they take the foot off the gas.

Do not make that bet.

poposay
09-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Am I the only one that notices that Hud looks like he is juicing? His head looks like he has been taking Barry bonds pills.

Nope. And it looks like his wife is too, according to ragin pagin.

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/attachment.php?attachmentid=7339&stc=1&d=1377612703

HancockCountyDog
09-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Nope. And it looks like his wife is too, according to ragin pagin.

http://www.raginpagin.com/louisiana/attachment.php?attachmentid=7339&stc=1&d=1377612703

Good lord, she used to be hot.

poposay
09-10-2014, 08:23 PM

Won't lie. I'm kind of scared of her.

engie
09-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Bad bad advice. Whether ull loses big or small has to do with whether they can score on om's defense. They cannot.
ULL is going to force OM to do something they haven't actually done yet regardless of the "scoreboard" -- actually stop the run. Kenneth Dixon is pretty damn productive @ 240 lb -- and Broadway is a threat with his legs as well. What has OM done to imply that they can stop this? ULL is stylistically a bad matchup for OM. Not sure what games you've been watching...

OM is going to score on them. But ULL just may be able to control the pace and prevent it from turning into a track meet.

Radddawg
09-10-2014, 08:39 PM
ULL is stylistically a bad matchup for OM.

I get what you're saying but it cant be too bad of a matchup for the bears cause they are favored by 4 TDs. That being said, I'd absolutely love it if Hud ended the webels Gameday dreams while also knocking them out of the top 25. On top of all that, Bucky would probably lose control of his team altogether and the inevitable downward spiral would begin even earlier than anticipated.

engie
09-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I get what you're saying but it cant be too bad of a matchup for the bears cause they are favored by 4 TDs.

The first 3-4 weeks is the time to make the $$ if you are well researched before Vegas numbers validate themselves. It's the same reason that we are only 13 point favorites at South Alabama IMO. Fanbase overreactions early in the season...

All that said -- as a general rule I never bet on teams I have any emotional investment in. I'd still be surprised if the Bears cover -- and I'll be surprised if we don't...

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 09:05 PM
The first 3-4 weeks is the time to make the $$ if you are well researched before Vegas numbers validate themselves. It's the same reason that we are only 13 point favorites at South Alabama IMO. Fanbase overreactions early in the season...

All that said -- as a general rule I never bet on teams I have any emotional investment in. I'd still be surprised if the Bears cover -- and I'll be surprised if we don't...

Yep, when I've made money betting, it has typically been the first 3-5 weeks of College football season. I think we cover, and I think it will be close in the OM game. I won't bet on either, but I say OM wins something like 38-21

Harrydawg
09-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Damn, she could rip it off and not give it back.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2014, 09:20 PM
I'd stay away. If UM can beat them by 50, they will. They very well might be able to.

Edited to add: My thinking there is influenced AT LEAST as much by my opinion of ULL after last weekend as it is by mine about UM. The jury is still as much out on UM as it is on us.

codeDawg
09-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Right now I've got MSU o/u (not total, just MSU) at 34. I guaran-damn-tee you we're going over that.

JDog13
09-10-2014, 09:42 PM

Awe come on... Turn the lights off before you get in bed. Close your eyes and rub her thighs, abs, and arms.....maybe even her back. couldn't you picture a beautiful woman?

me neither.

preachermatt83
09-10-2014, 10:01 PM
there is no way that OM beats them 4TDs.

Radddawg
09-10-2014, 11:06 PM
I cant find a total on our game yet but I assume it'll be in the 43-45 range.

We will score 4 TDs minimum. Probably 5 or 6. The kicking game is always important in order for an over to hit and the fact that ours is so bad and we have to score TDs once we get in the redzone makes me nervous. It's a road game so when we throw it on 4th and 6 inside their 20 (instead of taking 3 points) and their DB makes contact before the ball arrives there's a chance that flag doesnt get thrown like it's supposed to. That's enough to keep me away from the over.

My rule of thumb is never bet on my dogs but we can play a piss poor game and still beat this team by 15 right ?

CadaverDawg
09-10-2014, 11:18 PM
I cant find a total on our game yet but I assume it'll be in the 43-45 range.

We will score 4 TDs minimum. Probably 5 or 6. The kicking game is always important in order for an over to hit and the fact that ours is so bad and we have to score TDs once we get in the redzone makes me nervous. It's a road game so when we throw it on 4th and 6 inside their 20 (instead of taking 3 points) and their DB makes contact before the ball arrives there's a chance that flag doesnt get thrown like it's supposed to. That's enough to keep me away from the over.

My rule of thumb is never bet on my dogs but we can play a piss poor game and still beat this team by 15 right ?

UAB says, "No...no, you can't"

CJDAWG85
09-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Total on our game is 54.

RougeDawg
09-11-2014, 05:23 AM
First home game and they bears will be more worried about winning the party, while thinking they can sleep walk in this one. ULL coming off an unexpected embarrassing loss will give them all they want and then some. I would say that ULL would beat Boise, so we will see what happens this week, as I do not see a Bear blowout in this one.

borne
09-11-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm taking ULL they are going to be pissed off after the LA Tech game and UM will be more worried about the grove or the square after the game

Coach34
09-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Ole Missus is gonna beat Hud by 20...their passing game will roll them

chef dixon
09-11-2014, 06:54 PM
This one gets ugly for ULL.

engie
09-11-2014, 07:54 PM
Ole Missus is gonna beat Hud by 20...their passing game will roll them

which still covers by 8 points

CadaverDawg
09-11-2014, 08:03 PM