PDA

View Full Version : SOA season premier

Barking 13
09-10-2014, 06:05 PM
What did you think?

War Machine Dawg
09-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Damn good. Jax has lost all hope. Gemma has clearly snapped. The club has bitten off more than it can chew with the restructured power dynamics in the wake of last season's gun deal. And you can damn well bet that they'll be going after Lin for Tara, which won't end well for anyone. And Juice is toast. Just a matter of how long now that Unser knows he's still in Charming. It pisses me off, but I'm starting to think Gemma is going to be the last one standing when it's all said and done, leading Abel & Thomas right down the same destructive path.

Barking 13
09-10-2014, 10:09 PM
yep, pretty much the way I see it, but I think Wendy will factor in somewhere as well...

Political Hack
09-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Jax is going to go balistic until his kids bring him back. I think he goes full circle this season. I think Jax ends up killing Gemma when he finds out it was her that killed Tara. Juice knows... Uncer could end up knowing too.

I'll say this too: They're not keeping juice locked up in an apartment without any interesting storyline for no reason. He's going to play a big role. I think he tells Jax at some point. People like Juice and seeing him get retribution or at least coming to terms with the club will make fans happy.

love the show. think they're doing the right things by ending it this season though.

War Machine Dawg
09-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Jax is going to go balistic until his kids bring him back. I think he goes full circle this season. I think Jax ends up killing Gemma when he finds out it was her that killed Tara. Juice knows... Uncer could end up knowing too.

I'll say this too: They're not keeping juice locked up in an apartment without any interesting storyline for no reason. He's going to play a big role. I think he tells Jax at some point. People like Juice and seeing him get retribution or at least coming to terms with the club will make fans happy.

love the show. think they're doing the right things by ending it this season though.

No way with Juice. I can buy that he confesses to Jax that Gemma killed Tara, but he's not getting out alive. It's pretty much been confirmed that he dies early on this season, actually. Like, episode 4 at the latest early. The only question for me is whether Jax lives, winds up in prison, or dies and whether Gemma lives or dies.

chainedup_Dawg
09-11-2014, 08:34 AM
with Unser finding out so early in the season that Juice is still there and him being held up in the apartment, I'm not sure Juice can make it out of the next episode. He can't keep Unser held up long before the mc starts looking for him, which won't take long for them to track him down.

Political Hack
09-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Juice knowing is the primary storyline right now. He can't die that quick. I think be does die... just can't see it being that soon.

BeardoMSU
09-17-2014, 09:14 AM
What did y'all think of last nights episode?

Has anyone else noted the drop off in special effects so far this season? The blood splatters are horrendously cheap (as well as the homie in the wheelchair being drug in the premier).

chainedup_Dawg
09-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Pretty good episode. Think Jax is really getting in over his head with the revenge. Interested to see how the damaging of his ties with the other charter plays out.

Really surprised Juice just let Unser go, especially with how much he talks.

Yes, the special effects have been lacking this season. I haven't really noticed the blood splatter part of it but the wheelchair guy being drug in the premier was just plain bad.

BeardoMSU
09-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Pretty good episode. Think Jax is really getting in over his head with the revenge. Interested to see how the damaging of his ties with the other charter plays out.

Really surprised Juice just let Unser go, especially with how much he talks.

Yes, the special effects have been lacking this season. I haven't really noticed the blood splatter part of it but the wheelchair guy being drug in the premier was just plain bad.

It's gotten so bad, that the scene where Chibbs was stepping on the guys leg, the gun shot and the blood were cgi'd in...it was only shown for a second, but it was noticeably bad.

I agree, he's getting way in over his head, which I'm not too crazy about, from a writing standpoint. The writing of the show has just gotten too 'out there'. I find this whole revenge plot, and the club's idea that it would succeed, fairly dubious.

War Machine Dawg
09-17-2014, 08:52 PM
It's gotten so bad, that the scene where Chibbs was stepping on the guys leg, the gun shot and the blood were cgi'd in...it was only shown for a second, but it was noticeably bad.

I agree, he's getting way in over his head, which I'm not too crazy about, from a writing standpoint. The writing of the show has just gotten too 'out there'. I find this whole revenge plot, and the club's idea that it would succeed, fairly dubious.

That's the point. Jax is so emotional he ISN'T thinking clearly. Thus why you guys are saying he's in over his head. I'm more interested in how it will play out once Jax figures out that Jemma is the one who killed Tara. No way he can walk back what he's doing to Lin.

mstatefan91
09-18-2014, 12:39 AM
I'm not sure how it's going to end. Jax is so wrapped up in his revenge that I think he's going to wind up being the reason the club is dismantled even though he gave his little spill in episode 1 that he refuses to lose his club.

It could go the complete opposite direction, and Jax winds up finding peace by the end of this season/series. I just don't see it happening though. He has gone so far into the deep end and him finding out that Gemma killed Tara (that has to come out) is going to drive him even further into the deep end.

BeardoMSU
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
If Gemma is the last one standing in the end, I'm gonna be pissed.

She's gotta die....like a lot.

mstatefan91
09-23-2014, 08:05 PM
what time does this come on tonight? I have watched the past two online after they aired but I wanted to watch this one when it came on FX.

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2014, 08:19 PM
9 CST

mstatefan91
09-23-2014, 08:55 PM
9 CST

Thank you

Political Hack
09-26-2014, 10:31 AM
juice is still alive...

Gema is causing an all out war, then Jax or the club will realize it was her. Then the internal dispute will arise and all hell breaks lose.

Prediction: Chibbs ends up with the sheriff and the kids. Everyone else dies. out there, but it's as good as any prediction right now.

fishwater99
09-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Juice needs to tell Jax that Gemma killed Tara.. This revenge by Jax is getting out of control..
I thought Chibbs was going to get laid last night... soon enough..

War Machine Dawg
09-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Juice needs to tell Jax that Gemma killed Tara.. This revenge by Jax is getting out of control..
I thought Chibbs was going to get laid last night... soon enough..

It's coming. 1-2 more episodes for Juicy, tops. And he'll tell Jax the truth to go out with a clear conscience.

chainedup_Dawg
10-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Well I didn't see the Chinese attack coming. I knew it felt strange that Jax wanted to wait a day to try and straighten out the deal gone bad but didn't think about it coming back to bite him like that. At least I am assuming that is how the Chinese found out and why they attacked.

I have a feeling Juice is going to spill about Gemma as he's dying, that kind of deal. Unless he finds a way to get word to Jax. I just think the MC is done with him to a point where they won't give him an opportunity to explain himself before killing him.

ETA: Either that or he commits suicide and leaves a message

War Machine Dawg
10-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Definitely didn't see the Chinese coming. Shit just got real. Going to be a bloodbath from here on out, methinks. Juice is definitely going to tell Jax the truth, it's just a matter of how. I don't see him making it past the next episode.

Barking 13
10-02-2014, 09:07 AM
crazy

Political Hack
10-07-2014, 10:20 PM
so, what happens next? Juice has all the juice points right now.

I think he lives until the end of the season at this point but I can't see Jemma getting nixed this soon either. I've said from the start that Juice has to live throughout the season to prolong the story line. works better that way.

chainedup_Dawg
10-07-2014, 10:54 PM
With the scenes from the next episode tonight I agree he lives. Anybody else telling him to pull the trigger on Gamma or just me? I was surprised at how they went with the whole Lin thing. I guess they're building up the war but just figured they would've gone ahead and axed him when they had the chance.

mstatefan91
10-08-2014, 12:21 AM
With the scenes from the next episode tonight I agree he lives. Anybody else telling him to pull the trigger on Gamma or just me? I was surprised at how they went with the whole Lin thing. I guess they're building up the war but just figured they would've gone ahead and axed him when they had the chance.

Jax and the Chinese will make nice now. And Jax will start wondering why his momma lied to him. About to get really interesting for Gemma

Edit: I expect Lin to give up his "general" in order to create the peace

mstatefan91
10-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Also, was Tig just walking around this episode? Didn't he just get shot?

Political Hack
10-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Also, was Tig just walking around this episode? Didn't he just get shot?

hahaha. dude is like wolverine.

mstatefan91
10-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Still hilarious to me that Tig is just walking/riding around no problem after having gotten shot just a couple of days prior. You can say that it was through and through all you want but the inflammation would keep you in bed for a while. You would definitely not be riding a Harley.

Also, when is Juice finally just gonna be killed? I mean dang

MSUMatt
10-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Still hilarious to me that Tig is just walking/riding around no problem after having gotten shot just a couple of days prior. You can say that it was through and through all you want but the inflammation would keep you in bed for a while. You would definitely not be riding a Harley.

Also, when is Juice finally just gonna be killed? I mean dang

This season has kept me on pins and needles the whole time. Jacks is a walking implosion who is misinformed by the person he probably trusts the most. Going to be real tough when he figures out momma shanked his wife in the skull. Juice is gonna die regardless. No way he walks out of this not dead.

War Machine Dawg
10-22-2014, 01:26 AM
Holy. Shit. Most intense episode yet. Where do I even start? I have no clue what the club is doing with Juice. He's gotta come clean soon. Then die. Preferably painfully as possible.

Gemma loses her shit when she's asked to go to the cabin. That's going to trigger some questions sooner rather than later. And then she confesses to Thomas, but Abel overhears? I thought for sure it would be Wendy that overheard. I think it's pretty obvious that Abel is going to play a big part in how all of this ends. My guess is he winds up telling Wendy, Unser, or Jax. If it's Wendy or Jax, they won't believe him at first, but they'll eventually put it together and believe Abel.

Nero trying to get out.....he's dead. Just a matter of when now. Every time someone tries to get out, they die.

I think Unser is close to piecing together what really happened to Tara. The cop part of him knows something isn't right and can't resist figuring out what that is.

And then Marks has Bobby kidnapped? Ho. Lee. Shit. aGAIN. Totally didn't see that coming. I thought Bobby might be one of the 2-3 who make it out alive, but now I'm thinking he might be the first major Son to fall. And to top it all off, Marks has his eye plucked out and delivered to the club as a message? DAMN. Certainly the most impactful episode of the season so far.

chainedup_Dawg
10-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Holy. Shit. Most intense episode yet. Where do I even start? I have no clue what the club is doing with Juice. He's gotta come clean soon. Then die. Preferably painfully as possible.

Gemma loses her shit when she's asked to go to the cabin. That's going to trigger some questions sooner rather than later. And then she confesses to Thomas, but Abel overhears? I thought for sure it would be Wendy that overheard. I think it's pretty obvious that Abel is going to play a big part in how all of this ends. My guess is he winds up telling Wendy, Unser, or Jax. If it's Wendy or Jax, they won't believe him at first, but they'll eventually put it together and believe Abel.

Nero trying to get out.....he's dead. Just a matter of when now. Every time someone tries to get out, they die.

I think Unser is close to piecing together what really happened to Tara. The cop part of him knows something isn't right and can't resist figuring out what that is.

And then Marks has Bobby kidnapped? Ho. Lee. Shit. aGAIN. Totally didn't see that coming. I thought Bobby might be one of the 2-3 who make it out alive, but now I'm thinking he might be the first major Son to fall. And to top it all off, Marks has his eye plucked out and delivered to the club as a message? DAMN. Certainly the most impactful episode of the season so far.

This episode was effing awesome, there's no other way to describe it.

Gemma just sealed her fate with confessing to Thomas. I agree, I think Abel ends up telling Wendy since she's with him all the time. Hell, Abel about lost his shit at Diosa a couple episodes ago, what if he busts a cap in her ass himself? So many different ways they can handle this.

I didn't see Marks and Bobby going down like that either. Bobby has been one of my favorite characters so hopefully he is around for at least a few more episodes but I doubt it.

Did I understand right that the club sent Juice to get picked up so he could kill Lin? I was trying to get stuff done around the house so I could sit down and watch and I missed the first few minutes. The way Chibbs talked it sounded like they were considering letting him back in if he took care of bidness. Then you have Tully's chronie approach Juice in the cell, hell, will Juice even have the chance to get to Lin?

This episode was written and laid out extremely well, left a lot of possibilities out there and quiet a few that will have to be sorted soon.

War Machine Dawg
10-22-2014, 09:43 AM
This episode was effing awesome, there's no other way to describe it.

Gemma just sealed her fate with confessing to Thomas. I agree, I think Abel ends up telling Wendy since she's with him all the time. Hell, Abel about lost his shit at Diosa a couple episodes ago, what if he busts a cap in her ass himself? So many different ways they can handle this.

I didn't see Marks and Bobby going down like that either. Bobby has been one of my favorite characters so hopefully he is around for at least a few more episodes but I doubt it.

Did I understand right that the club sent Juice to get picked up so he could kill Lin? I was trying to get stuff done around the house so I could sit down and watch and I missed the first few minutes. The way Chibbs talked it sounded like they were considering letting him back in if he took care of bidness. Then you have Tully's chronie approach Juice in the cell, hell, will Juice even have the chance to get to Lin?

This episode was written and laid out extremely well, left a lot of possibilities out there and quiet a few that will have to be sorted soon.

I think it will be Wendy, too. But that's pretty obvious, so Sutter may go a different direction. Hadn't really thought about Abel doing Gemma himself, but they've definitely set it up. Pretty sure I'd be pissed if that's what happens, though. I'm rooting for this to end in a way where the boys get out once and for all, breaking the cycle of violence and dysfunction that comes with an outlaw club.

Seems to be the plan for Juice. Although I'm guessing the promise of letting him back in is bullshit to motivate him to off Lin. I thought Tully's crew was supposed to help Juice get close to Lin. But with that crew being full of true believers, I could definitely see one of them screwing up the plan and trying to take out Juice. I'll be disappointed if Jax isn't the one who ends Juicy, though.

Political Hack
10-22-2014, 01:03 PM
It's pretty much been confirmed that he dies early on this season, actually. Like, episode 4 at the latest early.

Or episode 8... or so.

As I said early, Juice needed to stay alive long enough to drag out the storyline. It's either a) too obvious without him, or b) the possibility of Gemma getting outed goes away. If he wasn't alive, only Jax's son would know at this point and then it becomes obvious.

I actually think the 2nd to last episode and the series finale will have everything: Juice's resolution, Gemma's resolution, Jax's resolution, Chubb's resolution, Bobby's resolution... what happens to the club, the kids, etc... all within 3 hours of TV.

Barking 13
10-22-2014, 02:39 PM
yep, what's going to happen at the cabin with Gemma and Nero? Juice is in deep shit... what happens when Jax finds out Indian Hills prez is the one who tipped Lin off? Somehow I see the Mayans figuring into the shit siding with Marks... whole lot of possibilities...

Political Hack
10-22-2014, 03:02 PM
yep, what's going to happen at the cabin with Gemma and Nero? Juice is in deep shit... what happens when Jax finds out Indian Hills prez is the one who tipped Lin off? Somehow I see the Mayans figuring into the shit siding with Marks... whole lot of possibilities...

something is going to come out of nowhere... that's for sure. I could see Nero siding with Marks to help protect Gemma.

I could see the MC calling on the Indian Hills charter to help them again, being told ok, and then getting ambushed because of it.

fishwater99
10-23-2014, 09:53 AM
Why do you all want Juice dead? All he wants is to be a Son member.

Jax is going to kill Gemma when he finds out... I think Bobby is going to die soon. Jax is in over his head with Marks..

We will see a showdown with Indian Hills soon.

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Why do you all want Juice dead? All he wants is to be a Son member.

Jax is going to kill Gemma when he finds out... I think Bobby is going to die soon. Jax is in over his head with Marks..

We will see a showdown with Indian Hills soon.

I think Bobby is on the way out too. He's a aoft spot for most people so they need the big Opey level tragic moment this season. I think bobby kicks that off.

I don't want Juice to die either. it's like killing a lost puppy or something.

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 08:03 AM
I freaking love Bobby.

Is the Indian Hills problem resolved, or did Jax just throw gas on a flame? It would be a fitting end that his own club (extended or otherwise) is the one that ends him.

War Machine Dawg
10-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Damn, that was hard to watch. Bobby is definitely a badass. Sucks that he won't be able to ride anymore. I was hoping he'd live, but I'm almost certain he'll be the first major son to die.

I think Jax definitely poured gas on the fire without solving his rat problem. I know Jury was supposed to be the only one who knew the location of the guns and was pissed about his son. But for some reason, I believed him when he told Jax he didn't rat, even though he wanted Jax dead. He went too far implying JT committed suicide, though. I think it was made pretty clear that Clay & Gemma killed JT.

Still want to see how the truth about Tera comes out. Wayne definitely smells a rat. And I thought maybe the most powerful moment of the episode was when Gemma asks Abel if he knows what an accident is and Abel asks her "Do you know the difference?"

As for the end, so long as the boys get out and live normal lives, I'll be happy. But if I have my preference, I'd like to see Jax alive and Chibbs alive with Jarry.

Political Hack
10-29-2014, 03:23 PM
as long as Gemma gets what's coming and the boys are stable, I'll be satisfied with the finale. Jax made his own bed. if he gets shanked by Indian Hills, or Marx, or the Chinese, or a meth heads, etc... it would make sense to me.

War Machine Dawg
10-29-2014, 10:13 PM
as long as Gemma gets what's coming and the boys are stable, I'll be satisfied with the finale. Jax made his own bed. if he gets shanked by Indian Hills, or Marx, or the Chinese, or a meth heads, etc... it would make sense to me.

Completely agree. Don't get me wrong, it would definitely make sense for Jax to bite the bullet after everything that's happened. I pretty much expect it at this point. Just saying in my personal ideal ending, he'd get out of the life and raise the boys. It would be epic if the final scene is the boys at Jax's tombstone reading his journal, essentially telling us the whole series was a flashback by Jax. And yes, Gemma has to die, slowly and painfully as possible. Juice too.

Barking 13
10-29-2014, 10:20 PM
I just don't know what to think anymore... but I think now Abel is the key somehow...
I didn't get Jax's reaction to Jury telling him about the journal. something just didn't make sense as to why he went off and killed him to me..

BeardoMSU
10-29-2014, 10:41 PM
I just don't know what to think anymore... but I think now Abel is the key somehow...
I didn't get Jax's reaction to Jury telling him about the journal. something just didn't make sense as to why he went off and killed him to me..

Agreed. I'm chalking it up to the poor writing, which I've lamented all season long. They essentially turned Jax full retard this season, when he's not this stupid, nor is the club. I guess you can chalk it all up "revenge clouding his mind" excuse, but to me that's a cop-out; not to mention, after Weston raped his mom, it was Jax and Clay that made the club take their time and plan things out, not go bull in a china shop on him and Zobel.

mstatefan91
10-30-2014, 01:08 PM
I thought the whole "raged out of his mind Jax" would come to an end earlier than it has. I think we will see a smarter more contemplative Jax for the rest of the season.

That being said, has he murdered someone every episode so far? It seems like it. The killing has gone overboard

Political Hack
10-30-2014, 04:44 PM
I thought the whole "raged out of his mind Jax" would come to an end earlier than it has. I think we will see a smarter more contemplative Jax for the rest of the season.

That being said, has he murdered someone every episode so far? It seems like it. The killing has gone overboard

and he's not even killing good people... it's just randoms.

BeardoMSU
11-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Saw that shit coming. Sucks. I 17'ing hate Gemma.

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2014, 02:18 AM
Saw that shit coming. Sucks. I 17'ing hate Gemma.

If she lives and raises the boys to perpetuate the cycle, this will be one of my most hated shows ever.

Political Hack
11-05-2014, 08:46 AM
If she lives and raises the boys to perpetuate the cycle, this will be one of my most hated shows ever.

it's alsmot predestined to come out that way, right?

Who's going to keep Jax in check now? Only 2 people left with any marbles... Nero and Chibbs.

chainedup_Dawg
11-06-2014, 04:12 PM
it's alsmot predestined to come out that way, right? Who's going to keep Jax in check now? Only 2 people left with any marbles... Nero and Chibbs.

You're right, and God, is that gonna piss me off! I may actually be glad the show is over if they do end it that way.

Those are the only two left to keep him in line and Nero is checking out.

I haven't been paying attention, how many episodes are we in/have left?

MSUMatt
11-07-2014, 12:24 PM
and I think Wendy ends up with both boys as per Tara's wishes.

I don't know who is going to connect the dots for Jax about his mom but this show would not be in its existence without her and I think its going to be the ruin because of her.

I think Gemma kills Unser in the end when he confronts her about it. He knows.

Nero is going to find out too, probably from Unser, and ride off into the sunset.

Its screwed up and its all Gemma's fault.

mstatefan91
11-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Alright it's episode 10. I expect some stuff to start happening. At least I hope so.

Barking 13
11-11-2014, 05:43 PM
5 more episodes, I think

mstatefan91
11-11-2014, 10:22 PM
5 more episodes, I think
Every other season has had 13 right?

Guess it could be more considering it's the last season

Edit: Just confirmed that there are 13 episodes this season

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 11:35 PM
oh damn.

mstatefan91
11-11-2014, 11:36 PM
So does Jax believe Abel or chalk it up to a little kid misunderstanding what he heard?

Finally, we are moving forward with this after 10 episodes of wandering around.

mstatefan91
11-11-2014, 11:38 PM
SHIIIIIIIIIT it's gonna go down next week! Yes!

Barking 13
11-12-2014, 12:42 AM
Every other season has had 13 right?

Guess it could be more considering it's the last season

Edit: Just confirmed that there are 13 episodes this season

yep, saw that.. someone had told me last week there were 6 more left.. I guess they were wrong... I thought there might have been a couple extra this season to close it out.

mstatefan91
11-12-2014, 01:21 AM
yep, saw that.. someone had told me last week there were 6 more left.. I guess they were wrong... I thought there might have been a couple extra this season to close it out.

I think the August Marks story line is gonna finally become secondary, and we are finally going to move into what we care about...the Gemma killing Tara story line.

War Machine Dawg
11-12-2014, 12:05 PM
HELL. YES. About time the truth is out. Now the real question is how long will it take for Jax to believe Abel? With just 3 episodes left, we're about to hit the afterburners.

Political Hack
11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
HELL. YES. About time the truth is out. Now the real question is how long will it take for Jax to believe Abel? With just 3 episodes left, we're about to hit the afterburners.

lots of relationships to resolve. In the preview shots for next week it showed Jax banging on Unser's door. Those two getting together to figure it out would be interesting because he'll also find out about Juice.

BeardoMSU
11-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Holy shit...this episode is only half way through and it's already nuts.....

Barking 13
11-19-2014, 12:59 AM
IT happened....:cool:

mstatefan91
11-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Finally an episode where Jax isn't a psycho maniac running around killing everyone. Great acting by Hunnam

chainedup_Dawg
11-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Where can I go to watch the episode online? I missed the first half, up until Jax had the sit down with Juice. I thought I had found it on Youtube but it was taken down and tried to direct me to a different site that I'm not sure if I trust.

mstatefan91
11-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Search coke and popcorn sons of anarchy. They usually get the episodes up quick. They have some pop up advertisement but it isn't that hard to deal with

Also watch through the Internet links on the episode page to stream online

chainedup_Dawg
11-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Search coke and popcorn sons of anarchy. They usually get the episodes up quick. They have some pop up advertisement but it isn't that hard to deal with

Also watch through the Internet links on the episode page to stream online

I appreciate it. I, obviously, am not big on watching things via online.

Political Hack
11-19-2014, 07:42 PM
going to be a big ending...

War Machine Dawg
11-20-2014, 10:25 AM
going to be a big ending...

Indeed. Anyone think Juice makes it past episode 12? Still lots of moving parts for just two episodes left. Going to be interesting to see how the chapter presidents handle Jax, now that we know Jury wasn't the rat. I always figured another faction would kill him if he dies, but how crazy would it be if it's the SOA at large that votes he meet Mr. Mayhem and kills him?

mstatefan91
11-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Indeed. Anyone think Juice makes it past episode 12? Still lots of moving parts for just two episodes left. Going to be interesting to see how the chapter presidents handle Jax, now that we know Jury wasn't the rat. I always figured another faction would kill him if he dies, but how crazy would it be if it's the SOA at large that votes he meet Mr. Mayhem and kills him?

At this point, I almost think Jax makes it out and lives on the farm with Nero, Wendy, and the boys. Not even kidding

War Machine Dawg
11-20-2014, 03:01 PM
At this point, I almost think Jax makes it out and lives on the farm with Nero, Wendy, and the boys. Not even kidding

I'd be perfectly fine with that. I don't think Sutter will have it happen, but I'm definitely rooting for Jax to live and raise the boys away from the life. Second best ending would be a final shot of the boys at Jax's gravesite reading his journal, but not wearing cuts.

Barking 13
11-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I'd be perfectly fine with that. I don't think Sutter will have it happen, but I'm definitely rooting for Jax to live and raise the boys away from the life. Second best ending would be a final shot of the boys at Jax's gravesite reading his journal, but not wearing cuts.

Just how it started...

Political Hack
11-21-2014, 06:56 AM
pretty sure Marx is still alive, the Chinese are planning a retaliation, and the other charter Presidents want justice. The likelihood of Jax living is dwindling IMO. The club may make him meet the reaper for what he did. The irony of his club hat he loves so much killing him after it killed his dad would be fitting.

jumbo
11-21-2014, 04:26 PM
pretty sure Marx is still alive, the Chinese are planning a retaliation, and the other charter Presidents want justice. The likelihood of Jax living is dwindling IMO. The club may make him meet the reaper for what he did. The irony of his club hat he loves so much killing him after it killed his dad would be fitting.

Marx is alive, but in jail.

BeardoMSU
11-21-2014, 05:28 PM

Yeah, this season has turned into a giant gaggle 17. I hope Chibbs somehow escapes all of this, maybe leaves with his new bird. I'm pretty sure Hap and Tig are gonna die at some point, I just hope it's in some amazing blaze of glory when they do.

Also, I haven't thought about it in awhile, but I always thought that Tig got over that failed set up with Marx way too easy. I wonder if Marx let him go knowing somehow Jax set him up and has been keeping that trump card until the very end. That's probably a little bit out there, but who knows. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Political Hack
11-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Yeah, this season has turned into a giant gaggle 17. I hope Chibbs somehow escapes all of this, maybe leaves with his new bird. I'm pretty sure Hap and Tig are gonna die at some point, I just hope it's in some amazing blaze of glory when they do.

Also, I haven't thought about it in awhile, but I always thought that Tig got over that failed set up with Marx way too easy. I wonder if Marx let him go knowing somehow Jax set him up and has been keeping that trump card until the very end. That's probably a little bit out there, but who knows. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

that would come out of nowhere, but also be fitting.

BeardoMSU
12-03-2014, 08:14 PM
That was a lot more than I was expecting to see this past episode. I have a feeling the finale is gonna hurt.

That condition he requested of the Presidents that wasn't make clear will be some big twist I think.

Barking 13
12-04-2014, 11:14 AM
I think Jax will meet Mr. Mayhem at the hands of his club. Wendy and the kids run off to the farm with Nero. I think the bylaw thing is "no color" in the club, so the Mayans and Bastards can patch in and rebuild the club to the original standing..
Didn't see the Wayne thing coming... That was an almost beautiful scene with Gemma... "it's ok, it's who we are"

War Machine Dawg
12-04-2014, 12:08 PM
I think Jax will meet Mr. Mayhem at the hands of his club. Wendy and the kids run off to the farm with Nero. I think the bylaw thing is "no color" in the club, so the Mayans and Bastards can patch in and rebuild the club to the original standing..
Didn't see the Wayne thing coming... That was an almost beautiful scene with Gemma... "it's ok, it's who we are"

That was my immediate thought, too. But who knows, Sutter usually stays away from the obvious assumption, so that may not be it.

Agree about Wayne. Definitely didn't think Jax would end him. I actually had him making it out alive and the cancer ending him. It does kinda fit, though. Solving Tara's murder and upholding his promise to her to get the boys out really was all he had left.

It was the perfect ending for Gemma. In some ways, it was even better than Jax just killing her in a fit of rage or making her suffer before killing her. At the end, all the awful shit she's done, it really was all about family for her.

Love how Juice went out, too. One last message to the club that he's loyal and they're his family.

Going to be interesting to see how Sutter ends it next Tuesday. It looks like the club has handled the Chinese problem, but I'd be willing to bet they didn't get everyone. And you have to think Marx still has a role to play. No way Sutter has forgotten about him or just wrote him out by sending him to prison. I'm guessing a few more Sons fall before we wrap it. My money is on Tig, Happy, Rat, and the long haired soldier all biting it. I really hope Chibbs lives.

BeardoMSU
12-04-2014, 12:14 PM
I think Jax will meet Mr. Mayhem at the hands of his club.

I can see Chibbs saying the "I got this brotha" and helping Jax do it....that would be rough.

BeardoMSU
12-04-2014, 12:16 PM

Again, as I've said before, the way this season escalated is a little far fetched. I have a hard time seeing the Jax/Jury dynamic the way it is. This shit was just so senseless. And there is absolutely no way Bobby and Chibbs would have let Jax plot the club on this destructive course, revenge or not.

Political Hack
12-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I definitely think the club sends Jax to the reaper and Wendy takes the boys with Nero. Isn't it a vote amongst all the charters? Be interesting to see it come down to Tig and they think they have it won and then Tigg says "Reaper." That's how I'd end it.

The question to me is what happens in between? Marx retaliate or does he get off'd by Marylin Manson too? Chinese still an issue? Do the Mayans even have a role in the finale?

Chibbs become President and marry the sheriff, continuing the weird Charming scenario with law enforcement and criminals literally in bed with one another?

mstatefan91
12-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Looks like Jax is prepared to die, hand the club over to Chibbs, and let his boys grow up with Wendy and Nero on the farm.

Color will be voted into the club a.k.a. the Grimm Bastards.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm glad to see Gemma go, but I wish Jax could have known about her killing his dad too.

War Machine Dawg
12-05-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm glad to see Gemma go, but I wish Jax could have known about her killing his dad too.

He'll find out when he reads the entire manuscript. Gemma was done lying and running. That's why she told Jax there was another copy of JT's manuscript.

I've pretty much come to terms that the club will make Jax meet Mr. Mayhem. He definitely seems ready to go, leaving the boys to Wendy & Nero and the club to Chibs. I still think the condition is color can now join the club, but I'd say there's a decent chance that Sutter is going somewhere else with that. For me, the only big thing left is which Sons die in the finale. My best guess is Tig, Happy, Rat, and Quinn all meet Mr. Mayhem by the end of the episode.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2014, 11:19 PM
He'll find out when he reads the entire manuscript. Gemma was done lying and running. That's why she told Jax there was another copy of JT's manuscript.

I've pretty much come to terms that the club will make Jax meet Mr. Mayhem. He definitely seems ready to go, leaving the boys to Wendy & Nero and the club to Chibs. I still think the condition is color can now join the club, but I'd say there's a decent chance that Sutter is going somewhere else with that. For me, the only big thing left is which Sons die in the finale. My best guess is Tig, Happy, Rat, and Quinn all meet Mr. Mayhem by the end of the episode.

Yeah, I can see all of this. I just hope Chibbs makes it. I really can't take him dying....and honestly, I want Jax to somehow find a way out too. This whole season was so senseless. Jury? Really...makes no sense.
If Tig and Hap go, I hope it's in some amazing blaze of glory. I can see Hap saying something really funny right before he gets riddled with bullets, lol...as he stabs his killer to death, obviously.

jumbo
12-08-2014, 04:11 PM

did I miss this in the episode? did she say she killed him?

Political Hack
12-09-2014, 11:14 PM
well damn.

BeardoMSU
12-09-2014, 11:38 PM
well damn.

Aye.....

I have a feeling this is gonna end with me being very depressed....

Political Hack
12-09-2014, 11:51 PM
I've got mixed feelings on the ending. I'm pretty sure I'll hate it by tomorrow... his death was completely irrelevant and senseless given the circumstances.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2014, 12:03 AM
I've got mixed feelings on the ending. I'm pretty sure I'll hate it by tomorrow... his death was completely irrelevant and senseless given the circumstances.

As i've said, and I'll always say: the directing and writing of these past 2 seasons are beyond atrocious. That doesn't mean I don't find the characters or the story compelling, because I wouldn't have watched every episode every Tuesday night if I felt otherwise....

I'm really glad Chibbs, Hap, and Tig didn't die...and that last scene with them all together was rough.

OK....the homeless bitch. WTF? Bread and vinegar? And to bring that back to the last frame? That shit is 17ing stupid.

One thing I did like, however. The first thing you saw in the pilot episode, was the crow on the hwy sign, and you saw it again in the closing seconds of the show. I appreciate the full circle aspect of that. I also really liked the scene with Jax and Nero. That was rough too. Jimmy (Nero) became one of my favorite characters of the show; he did a really really good job.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2014, 12:15 AM
Basically, this whole season felt cheap. The story progression (to an ultimate end) was totally forced. My love for the characters of this show are really the only thing that kept me going this season. Jackson, Chibs, Tig, Nero, Juice, Unser, etc. All were top notch.

Though different shows, comparing the arc of SOA with The Shield, really show how not to end a show. I remember walking away from that season finale being like "wow". I didn't have that feeling here; which is a shame, because I've (we've) invested nearly a decade into these characters.

War Machine Dawg
12-10-2014, 12:16 AM
I actually enjoyed it. Jax accepted who he was, saved the club, but did the right thing with his boys. The only thing I would have wished for is to have a quick time jump to see where the boys were and if his plan really worked. I also loved the nod to The Shield at the end with Michael Chiklis (Vic Mackey) driving the truck, especially with him being the one to take Gemma to Oregon in the last episode.

mstatefan91
12-10-2014, 01:05 AM
Looks like Jax is prepared to die, hand the club over to Chibbs, and let his boys grow up with Wendy and Nero on the farm.

Color will be voted into the club a.k.a. the Grimm Bastards.
It was predictable and I'm sure many of you thought the same thing but I was correct. No classic Sutter twist this time.

That said, I liked the episode and thought it was a suitable ending to the show. I'll have to rewatch it without all the damn commercials.

Barking 13
12-10-2014, 01:49 AM
WMD and 91, I'm with you guys.... now what are we gonna do on Tuesday nights? lol

I actually started watching maybe the last couple of episodes of season one. then around season 4 or 5, my wife got interested, so we netflixed it from the beginning, watching two or three at a time until we caught up, and have been hooked ever since.

They hinted at a couple of new shows in the afterword. I never watched the shield, but they said something about sutter writing on the west wing (?) That show was my favorite during it's run.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2014, 02:05 AM
WMD and 91, I'm with you guys.... now what are we gonna do on Tuesday nights? lol

I actually started watching maybe the last couple of episodes of season one. then around season 4 or 5, my wife got interested, so we netflixed it from the beginning, watching two or three at a time until we caught up, and have been hooked ever since.

They hinted at a couple of new shows in the afterword. I never watched the shield, but they said something about sutter writing on the west wing (?) That show was my favorite during it's run.

The Shield is one of the best TV shows ever made. It's up there with all the HBO classics, as well (Sopranos, Oz, Wire, Deadwood, etc.); the production quality and the writing is that good.

Barking 13
12-10-2014, 02:20 AM
out of all those, I think I watched some of OZ... I didn't have HBO back then

Political Hack
12-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Deadwood is probably the most under appreciated show ever. was great.

the whole self sacrifice with his arms out and the bread/wine reference didn't sit well with me. Not that I'm the type to get insulted by religious symbolism in shows, but I just don't draw any type of correlation between Jesus and Jax. In some weird way, that's what was implied (intentionally or not) with the homeless lady, the wine and bread, and Jax's death. Just strange and doesn't fit.

Seems like they would've given him a more relevant death that ties in with the history of the show.

Barking 13
12-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Deadwood is probably the most under appreciated show ever. was great.

the whole self sacrifice with his arms out and the bread/wine reference didn't sit well with me. Not that I'm the type to get insulted by religious symbolism in shows, but I just don't draw any type of correlation between Jesus and Jax. In some weird way, that's what was implied (intentionally or not) with the homeless lady, the wine and bread, and Jax's death. Just strange and doesn't fit.

Seems like they would've given him a more relevant death that ties in with the history of the show.

yeah, I wasn't too keen on that symbolism either...

He died like his father. How does it not fit?

HSVDawg
12-10-2014, 11:50 AM
(spoiler alert)

One thing I found almost laughable about the ending was how bad the CGI was immediately before the bike hit the truck. In one frame (from the perspective of the truck driver) it literally looked like Jax was just in suspended animation prior to the collision. It was so bad that for a split second I thought he had a change of heart and just stopped the bike in the middle of the road even though he was gunning it at 70+ mph. Pretty disappointing to have the defining climax of a show you've watched for 7 years have the same special effects quality as a South Park episode.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2014, 12:14 PM
(spoiler alert)

One thing I found almost laughable about the ending was how bad the CGI was immediately before the bike hit the truck. In one frame (from the perspective of the truck driver) it literally looked like Jax was just in suspended animation prior to the collision. It was so bad that for a split second I thought he had a change of heart and just stopped the bike in the middle of the road even though he was gunning it at 70+ mph. Pretty disappointing to have the defining climax of a show you've watched for 7 years have the same special effects quality as a South Park episode.

For some reason, this season had horrible special effects. There were some horrible things that we never saw in the previous seasons (the wheel chair being drug behind the bike, comes to mind). Maybe they hired a new DP or cinematographer or something.

War Machine Dawg
12-10-2014, 01:07 PM
yeah, I wasn't too keen on that symbolism either...

He died like his father. How does it not fit?

+1

Brahmabull
12-10-2014, 01:24 PM
I agree on not be crazy about the symbolism but I was ok with him making everything right and dying like his father. On another note, I thought the ending song was pretty wicked.

Dallas_Dawg
12-12-2014, 10:03 AM
I thought the end was pretty cheesy myself. As for his boys, I think they left many subtle hints saying that Abel was going to be just like his father but there was still time for Thomas. Gemma was heard saying this one time and Abel was twirling the Sons ring on his finger in his last scene.
He had an evil look about him too